Level Nu (Real)

Hints and questions about specific levels. Be careful not to post spoilers!

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

amh

Re: Level Nu (Real)

Post by amh »

weaver wrote:i simply don't have the words to describe the amount of gratitude i feel for all the fun, all the challenges and all the new friends, so:

\o/
Congratulations weaver :)
Asriel
Certified Finisher

Post by Asriel »

Holy fucking shit Congrats waver : DDDD
Afivucpm
Certified Finisher

Post by Afivucpm »

CONGRATUALATIONS WVAER FOR FINISHING NOTPRON and maybe a relationship but thats not important!!
moguns

Post by moguns »

After starting notpron in October 2017 (I think -- it was so long ago!) I'm finally here. Some of these levels took me months to solve. And they seemed to require more and more extraordinary leaps of logic as I got further into the Greeks. So how fitting is it that this level requires psychic ability! :D

Anyway, I don't know if I'll be able to solve this level -- I will certainly try -- but I wanted to say hi to everyone here after lurking for so long.
amh

Post by amh »

There mere fact that you are willing to try suggests you will probably pass imho. Good luck!
brum

Post by brum »

eventually...
ryan

Post by ryan »

Moguns are you still trying? I'm still here too, about 10 years after I first started notpron. I did some practice RV targets this morning and couldn't believe how accurate I was, but for some reason whenever I try nu I get absolutely nothing. Cest la vie.
amh

Post by amh »

Then keep at it, relax, take your time. It will eventually work, I bet.
moguns

Post by moguns »

Yes, I'm still trying. I just sent my third attempt in to David M. I remember reading on here somewhere that many people solve it on their first try, but that was not the case for me. It would be interesting to see some statistics about how many tries it typically takes (and what the final success probability is).
amh

Post by amh »

Good luck!
adrianjch
Certified Finisher

Post by adrianjch »

moguns wrote:Yes, I'm still trying. I just sent my third attempt in to David M. I remember reading on here somewhere that many people solve it on their first try, but that was not the case for me. It would be interesting to see some statistics about how many tries it typically takes (and what the final success probability is).
Yes. there's people who did it in the first attempt, when it happened to me i didn't trust David, i thought he was trolling me.
Anyways, good luck!
dont_sub_to_me

Post by dont_sub_to_me »

hey, its me. guess what! i am back after my long hiatus.. i am going to be trying this again, somethings have changed after my hiatus that i noticed, especially level nu itself...

also you may know me as greg from the irc, y'know the 12 year old kid (now 13 i guess)
amh

Post by amh »

wb and gl greg!
dont_sub_to_me

Post by dont_sub_to_me »

hello amh!
pitpank

Post by pitpank »

Hello there, this is Pedro, from Spain.
First post in the forum. I've been over here plenty of times during the past three weeks, though; sometimes looking for subtle but greatly appreciated hints, sometimes just curious about other players' reactions to the levels once I managed to solve them.

Basically, I've had little else on my mind except Notpron during this time, I think it's fascinating and feel nothing but gratitude to everyone involved in the clever design of the riddles. Thank you very much!

However, I have to admit I've found the end to be quite anti-climactic.
Firstly, noticing Mu is no longer available was disappointing. Greek levels were being great, Lambda was a tough (but fun) nut to crack and I was looking forward to Mu hoping to see some pieces finally fit together.
And then there's this level, Nu. Unfortunately I can't take any of this RV stuff seriously and I don't see myself staying motivated through the process involved. Oddly enough, right now the page says there is no target available and tells me to come back in a day. Anyway, I'm afraid I can't be bothered, even though I'm impressed by everyone who got it right on their first try. It's just that I don't see it as an interesting challenge, unlike the rest of levels.

So that was it, I guess.
¡Ha sido un placer! :)