2.4 testing info

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

FS I hate every single one of you people who put keepers down and disregard (hoorar 3:30 am spelling) how important they are.

FU, FU and FU

edit: keepers have more skill than normal db players any way tbh (yes, im on about you, you attackers / sweepers), or at least the ones who have decent reflexes do - imo (my very very biased opinion - which shouldnt be a factor in this argument.... \o/)
Last edited by `Ghost` on 26-09-2005 03:27, edited 1 time in total.
Cirian

Post by Cirian »

`Ghost` wrote: edit: keepers have more skill than normal db players any way tbh (yes, im on about you, you [...] sweepers)

=(

We've kept on trying to test this... "thing" back in the Antipodes, and so far only the top keeper in our league seems to have any chance at 1v1s. I accept that 1v1s are hard, they should be, but not impossible for all but the very best keepers.

Also, what's to stop people from just having a keybind that sets their mouse sensitivity?
The_One

Post by The_One »

Cirian wrote: Also, what's to stop people from just having a keybind that sets their mouse sensitivity?
There's no point telling him the idea's flawed, he's already made up his mind (unless his ignoring of the issue means he's realised it's flawed and just wants to forget about it). xD
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

What has mouse sensitivity got to do with anything X_x
Titanium

Post by Titanium »

something called aim has anything to do with sensitivity
The_One

Post by The_One »

`Ghost` wrote: What has mouse sensitivity got to do with anything X_x
Laff. Not been reading the thread? :o
DavidM wrote: When you get over a certain point in your charge bar (when the shot starts being really hard) your mouse sensitivity starts to increase drastically, which makes it super hard to aim long shots properly....
ToMMyGuN_74

gg david m

Post by ToMMyGuN_74 »

Ok, Ive been playing 2.4 for 3 days now...
I know you said I have to wait 2 weeks but I'm not complaining about the changes but about the consequences...

I played a game this afternoon with:

-More then 3 goals per minute...
-An own goal due to the deflection...
-no fun at all

Quotes:
-You can't score nice goals in 2.4 anymore
-ok, I'm going to uninstall now

But I have to thank you david m, I almost have no DB addiction anymore => GG DAVID M
cY|riCo

Post by cY|riCo »

rofl stfu dude

i saw you playing and if you are just to fucking stupid to understand the new style or to understand how to keep now then you arent worth playing it.

:noob:](*,)
overon

Post by overon »

I don't know guys. I've been playing the new beta in mixers a lot. And we had Leto go 24/1 in the keep. That's 24 saves and 1 goal against him. I hardly think that keepers still can't dominate.

I agree that if the defence is not playing well, then the chances of the keeper picking up the slack and making saves is lower than in 2.3. But an awesome keeper will still make a huge difference just like 2.3, just not as big of a difference as in 2.3.
Guide

Post by Guide »

Calm down please ;)

Anyway - stating the obvious: People giving up after a mere "3 days now..." didn't try it out enough imho.
It is not going to play out like any previous version!

@ ToMMyGuN_74: Stick around and help (if you didn't plan to do so) and test the game more, which we'll all benefit from :p
fro

Post by fro »

yah, im liking this so far, it seems pretty solid, if a little overzelous in the use of faggoty colours for the ball emitter. :)
Shinobi

Post by Shinobi »

Overon!
Leto went 15/21 as keeper yesterday :blabla: Kapi was his D though :lol:
StRaFe

Post by StRaFe »

game sucks atm, yay imo, loved this game. loved <--
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

strafe is pissed cause he isn't the pwn anymore or so. give it 2 weeks mate.
this prejudgment is really annoying
i've heard some others say "im starting to like it" who at first hated it
xiller8r

Post by xiller8r »

Originally posted by DavidM
When you get over a certain point in your charge bar (when the shot starts being really hard) your mouse sensitivity starts to increase drastically, which makes it super hard to aim long shots properly....

Yey for on the fly dpi changes:P