Shaken altfire?

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Diab

Post by Diab »

a mild shake sounds good, or the lost ability to lock on for .9 when hit. going for an extreme shake like normal shooting shake would just destory it.

loss of lock for .9 i like =)
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

a couple side effects that are a possible result of this major game play change:

1. A defender wins the ball back in his own half with a man near him, before he can get the ball off he gets hit and cannot make a regular pass before the other enemy attacks kill him. (this happends a lot, i know as O i would be going for this kind of kill) <--- this is probably the biggest one

2. since .9 is a god awfuly long time, people will just pass with prim fire if they are hit (if you don't even allow that you are in for a whole world of more troubles)

3. it makes regular use of right clix pass less useful thus less popular (which slows down the game), In fact prim fire pass would now have an advatage over RMC because you could take a hit before it and still get the pass off.

4. The one that is very important in my eyes becuase of the hopes with 2k4 db is the n00b effect. N00bs already have enough trouble figuring out what shake on prim fire shoots is but with this addition they would have thier passes go off randumly without any indiction (this is why you really need to put a change in cross hair color to tell you when you are shaken on prim fire as well).

"as i said, i just wanna let it go for a week. i dont pay much attention to the default-moaning when something changes" when is the offical date when negitive coments are allowed?
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

its a pure defender advantage, i dont understand you
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

Maybe I didn't make my point #2 clear enough. So i will explain further.

Many times defenders win balls close to their own goals, with a lot of enemy players around (as many as 3 is quite normal). The D could have saved a shot, intercepted a pass, or killed teh ball holder. With the preposed system, that defender must get rid of the ball before he is hit or he will most likly die which means giving up the ball close to your own goal. There will not be time to prim fire the pass around becuase you have O trying to kill you. There are many times when a defenders can not get rid of the ball before being hit (I assume you can think of them without me listing but if you can't I will). This means that this would happen very often.
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

I like what someone said earlier in this thread

with lock, no shake on pass. without lock. pass is shaken. thus making it harder for pass shots.. but still allows for people to make passes when hit
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

i'll just call you the moan8or \o/

yeah right, in this case it would suck
Armagon

Post by Armagon »

I agree with Inphidel. Locked passing shouldn't be affected, unlocked passing should.
f1end

Post by f1end »

i like my idea ;)
BL44T

Post by BL44T »

I don't think it's a good idea really.. it would indeed have a great (imo negative) impact on the gameplay
The_One

Post by The_One »

It's already easier to defend in 2.0. :/

The no-lock/shake, lock/no-shake idea sounds OK to me. It's not needed however. :)

What situation will an attacker find themselves in to use a pass shot that is not of a defenders (or good attacking play) own making?
Jerkoff

Post by Jerkoff »

Shake unlocked passes only: Problem of pass scoring solved :p

Shaking locked ones is unnecessary and excessive.
Xelent

Post by Xelent »

I dont like it. I play offense, usually deep offense. When I get back to our half, my job is basically to stop passes back to their defense when the other team gets stuffed, or to come back and chip in and shake someone. Since youll never shake their defense because they dont use left click, I run into their passing lanes and approach them that way before attempting to hit them. Usually I know their juke moves and fakes etc, and if I dont cause a .2, im usually pretty damn close. I dont really need a shake on right click, it would just eliminate right click passes at that position. I just think more people would adjust to using left click passes and dumping it into a spot that only the offense would reach. Instead of shaking right click I think you all should just get better at preventing passes and learning how to cover and hammer well enough to not let them be passed to. Its been done, and when you do it well, its impossible to score.
METAFrank

Post by METAFrank »

I dont play DB anymore (again, and i cant cause my graphics card is dead)
but i vote NO. This would get a lot of speed OUT of the game, and make it extremely frustrating when there is no other way - u get the pass while an enemy is near you and have to wait 0.9 secs... perhaps thats even long enough for another opponent to hit you - dead end.
i think people would hate it (and i dont mean that usual something new = always bad type of hating - i mean it would make people actually quit playing db instead of just warning you to do so)
Goldeneye

Post by Goldeneye »

well, didn't read everything, but shake on a locked pass would be annoying for defence too for the already stated reasons, not just for attack...
and i don't see any use in shaking a passshot - if your aim is to prevent passshot goals - as most are scored from within the penalty zone where you're dead anyways if hit... and if you could score with a pass shot from outside the penzone the defence and the keeper already made their mistake and shouldn't be able to prevent that chance with a single hit... (e.g. if the keeper didn't get out too far he could probably get back in time then...)

another way could be to reduce rmb shake to a point where the ball will just go slightly off where it was aimed at, i.e. just a few degrees, so it still will reach the locked player if he corrects his movement slightly etc... so it will make the receivers job a bit harder but not necessarily impossible. and shots on goal still have a fair chance of going in if you don't aim to close to a post...

just some random ideas ;)
f1end

Post by f1end »

Goldeneye wrote: ...another way could be to reduce rmb shake to a point where the ball will just go slightly off where it was aimed at, i.e. just a few degrees, so it still will reach the locked player if he corrects his movement slightly etc... so it will make the receivers job a bit harder but not necessarily impossible. and shots on goal still have a fair chance of going in if you don't aim to close to a post...

^^^that'd work...

ATM it's just a bit annoying hitting some1 and it having no effect on them at all