1.8 Deflection/bounce - Yes or No?

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Do you like the 1.8 implementation of deflection/bounce?

Yes
26%
No
62%
I don't know
12%

Total votes: 92

Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

Insane's cut.
Requiem

Post by Requiem »

sorry but i like it, find this pretty funny and new =)
Fallen
Banned

Post by Fallen »

Blitz wrote: Thus nullifying any opinions you might have ;)

HAHAHA
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

I can understand why deflections were implemented. In theory it's helps give more realism to the interaction between the ball and players.

However in practice, I think it introduces an almost random element since nobody is sure where the ball will end up. This in turn leads to even more dead-ball chasing.

In the long run it will spoil the flow of the game, especially if it is left as it is at the moment. Tweaking is definitely required.

I think if the ball does bounce off the player, the player should be given a little control as to where it bounces. I suggest the direction in which the player is facing. Also the bounce power should be very low, eg 20% of the ball speed when it struck the player. This is so that there are no wild bounces that cause lots of ball chasing.
Xelent

Post by Xelent »

Blitz wrote: Thus nullifying any opinions you might have ;)

*unzips his pants*

Come here spambot :)
The_One

Post by The_One »

the poll question is poorly worded.
i cannot answer yes because i dislike the IMPLEMENTATION of the feature, nevertheless i would welcome deflection if the implementation was sound.
Last edited by The_One on 16-07-2003 23:54, edited 1 time in total.
InSaNe
Banned

Post by InSaNe »

OMG HI2U BLITZ NOOB OMG YOU WHINEY WANNABE SURGE MY OPINIONS ARE BETTER THAN YOURS KTHX EM LICK DEEZ NUTZ ALL YOU CAN AND WANT EM KTHX WHOS NEXT!!!!

-[V3]InSaNe
f1end

Post by f1end »

I like the idea too...but not the implementation...

Lower the speed, reduce the vertical angle (so it doesn't bounce up all the time), stop it happening to your own team....SORTED!!
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

F1end you said exactly what i said about the deflection when i first tried it... good idea, bad implementation.

you better get flamed too... :(
f1end

Post by f1end »

I prolly won't u know...I'm not u o_O
MeSSiaH{FCU}

Post by MeSSiaH{FCU} »

OMFG F1END THAT WAS A STUPID THING TO POST!!!!11e1!!111eoneon1eNO!!On1three!1!twelfe

meh...i agree with u :p
Onge

Post by Onge »

My thoughts:

-Deflections should not count when you are shooting/passing to a team-mate

-Deflections should only apply when the ball is travelling fast (ie when the ball is shot at high power or volleyed) and not just be dictated by the 0.2 second time. This will reduce deflection spam.
BL44T

Post by BL44T »

Deflection sux. You cant irritate the keeper anymore cause when he shoots the ball straight into your hands it now deflects instead of being catched = missed scoringchance.. [crap english x_X]
MeSSiaH{FCU}

Post by MeSSiaH{FCU} »

X_X Like u cant live without that.

Any normal keep has less than a 10% chance for that ball to be deflected or caught by you.

Altho maybe with higher radius for the deflection.. O_o
Shouldnt it be so that the deflection radius is gone for a shot from the keeper, while the ball is in the pzone? (So it cant be deflected, or at least not with the bigger radius, unless it gets out of the pzone within 0.2 secs, which is impossible \o/).

Also just another thing which is irrelevant but i have to say ^^;
Y doesnt the counter for ball reset because of ballcarrier camping in the pzone, restart after the other team has gained possession?

It's rather stupid if a keeper shoots the ball away just before ball reset, some1 (doesnt matter where on the field) catches the ball and goes for a shot immediately, keeper catches it and the counter immediately continues where it was, resetting the ball immediately O_o

Meh happened on a pub, just thought i'd say :p

edit: it wasnt a naked keeper :o maybe that was the problem
Last edited by MeSSiaH{FCU} on 17-07-2003 13:14, edited 1 time in total.
Large Potato

Post by Large Potato »

It's rather stupid if a keeper shoots the ball away just before ball reset, some1 (doesnt matter where on the field) catches the ball and goes for a shot immediately, keeper catches it and the counter immediately continues where it was, resetting the ball immediately O_o

This only happens when the other team volleys the ball back to the keeper/penalty area. Never happens when they catch it.