Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

-plær-

Post by -plær- »

DavidM wrote: it makes no difference when you are alone in front of the keeper
\o/ \o) \o/ (o/
I still have a hope in hell of scoring!
Bodom

Post by Bodom »

Don't add the take away multijumps after catching a pass, the instant slow down to normal speed will get rid of the broomstick. Usually on that play once someone gets the ball they've used either 2 or 3 jumps, so having 1 more is no big deal, in fact it will keep the play a possibility but make it require much more skill to pull off. Whenever I get a pass downfield I use my remaining 2-3 jumps to keep my lead on a defender, which is a valid tactic and therefore shouldn't be affected by the broomstick fix.

Also the pass shot speed reduction is unnecessary. With the new slow down system, the likelihood that you'd be close enough to choose a pass shot over a regular shot is slim. As the pass shot is now, it's fast enough not to be an easy save everytime, but slow enough to require precision placement to score.

Anybody saying that all DB teams whore the broomstick thing now, come play some NA times like V3. No NA teams overly whore the move, including my clan, and we almost never lose ;)
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

only slowing down wont prevent the boosttrick from being successfull.......it will still be worth trying because every 5th attempt might result in a goal
Bodom

Post by Bodom »

It will require skill/timing after the change, making it as valid as any other tactic. That should in theory make reduce/eliminate the whoring of it.

The no jumps after catching a pass thing shouldn't be put in. It needlessly penalizes skilled offensive players that use jumps after catching a normal pass to keep their distance from the defender. A better solution is required if you don't think the slow down is enough.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

you only got half of it

when you are being boosted thru the air, catch the ball up there, then all your remaining multijumps are being removed, after landing you can jump again
Diab

Post by Diab »

will you only loose the remaining jumps (for that pass catch) if you were boosted? the jumping 2-3 times to keep a lead on defenders is so handy i use it all the time :|
Bodom

Post by Bodom »

If you can code it so you only lose the jumps after being boosted then that would work, otherwise it removes a fair move :/
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

retarded.. nerfing it down to 75% speed in the air is enough, it makes it so you actuall yhave to be in the other teams end to do it, you'll generally fly lower doing it and it will be easier to stop because of the speed reduction for defenders.

Right now its a retarded move that endourses pbox camping but its still a valid move and should be useable within range.

also, maybe you should make that delay for 75% speed and loss of multijumps only if you pickup to ball before like .6 seconds and GET RID OF THE FUCKING weak shot buffer. why? 1-2 jumps wouldn't be enough to dribble effectively the old way.
DaJero

Post by DaJero »

Surge.... the retarted in the beginning makes me not want to read your post, so... I didn't. If you want to post your opinion do it on a nice way.
DaJero

Post by DaJero »

Diab wrote: will you only loose the remaining jumps (for that pass catch) if you were boosted? the jumping 2-3 times to keep a lead on defenders is so handy i use it all the time :|

If you are in the air now, and you'll catch the ball you will lose all remaining multi jumps. No matter whether you were boosted or not. I'll talk to DavidM about this matter. But if you caught the ball in air you will drop more quickly because of the speed you lost. And you'll be able to do a new jump faster.
FireCell

Post by FireCell »

Can i just verify that this is what u are saying. I get boosted - I catch teh ball in the air - I fall faster. But i hit the floor sooner so i can start a new jump... What use is jumping when u have the ball unless u are evading a defender to take a shot?
Bodom

Post by Bodom »

Ok I'm posting this in a nice way.

Why are you taking away a very valid and used offensive skill (jumping after catching a ball) that requires no changes?

Fix the problem (broomstick shots), not stuff that doesn't need fixing. If your solution involves nerfing a valid skill, then your solution isn't good enough.
Bodom

Post by Bodom »

Also, don't change the pass shot speed. Right now the game is becoming more and more volley oriented, and shooting well is becoming a lost skill among new players. Don't reduce one of the major elements of a good shooting game when there are other extremely sufficient fixes to the broomstick problem available.

I think you guys are going to make or break DB w/ the broomstick fix, so be careful with it, please.
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

break now? pfft its already broken...

and 2cool, it was in referece to the fix you have planned, would you perfer i say "thats a bad idea" or do you want a novel why?
Fallen
Banned

Post by Fallen »

here we go again