My chat with OLStats author, Overload

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Imaginos

Post by Imaginos »

Howdy! I'm pressed for time right now - bout to run out the door to work.. I will be in the sourceforge forum and email you to fill you in on the details that you need. In the meantime, the versioning in the log? The gametype is deathball.DB_DeathBall and the outputs that we're working with are from an unreleased 2.4 alpha version. I will put together a set for testing and host it on one of my servers so we can make this stats collection a reality. It will add a lot to the game when people can see how their play stacks up against other folks.
Panther

Post by Panther »

Yes, I was referring to the problem of the version being in the description in the log. That field is being used to identify the gametype since it's a more friendly name than the class.

I just need to get the info as soon as possible since I plan to get a new release of UTStatsDB out very soon and considering it's taken me the better part of a year to get back to focusing on it I think I'd better hurry up and get things done before I shelve it again. <g>
Imaginos

Post by Imaginos »

Yikes! I've backtracked on those logs and the field you're referring to is one that I declare in UT2Vote. This might be a little ugly if any server can call it whatever they want.
Imaginos

Post by Imaginos »

BTW, anyone wanting to follow along on what we're up to, check this link:
https://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php ... _id=222935
Imaginos

Post by Imaginos »

And a little more progress here as well: http://www.lagfrag.com/forums/viewtopic ... da1f987a4f
Messy

Post by Messy »

Cool to still see progression, especially as a statwhore :)

But due to the lack of programmer and player activity, is this still worth doing? /o\
Imaginos

Post by Imaginos »

Fair Q.. Wondered at it myself more than a few times over the months.

Time will tell. If nothing else, better late than never. Establish the sport and get it built into the stats system that dominates the UT2003/4 world. (and no.. I am not talking about Epic's now ya see it, now ya don't stats servers..)