Body Deflect Abuse

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

^^ what he said
f1end

Post by f1end »

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please don't reduce the radius of the bounce...imo, it is still too small...
Maegrim

Post by Maegrim »

you forgot a 'please'
Onge

Post by Onge »

I personally thing bounce should be removed completely. It's only used for lame defending and the allowing of easy 'volley' shots. Deflect should stay though.
GazMaN

Post by GazMaN »

im also beginning to think bounce should be removed, it allows total skilless volleys, just look at the goal with rmb pressed, also its making defenders look good, when there not
Koning_Floris

Post by Koning_Floris »

What Gazman said.
Maybe reducing the bounce speed would correct this a bit.

It is a cool play thingie tbh.
Messy

Post by Messy »

I like the way bounce volleys add diversity and fun as an attacker, without it being so powerful that you can effectively build up a proper attack around it (some lucky shots yeh, but you'll wish you would have caught it and put out a good shot or a pass)
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

why not have some kind of 'deflect power bar' maybe lasting 3 seconds before its depleted.

you then have to wait for it to recharge before it can be reused.
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

REMOVING BOUNCE?! :ban:

that would ruin db for me :< I have alot of fun with bounce. I'd agree that maybe the radius needs some work, but still, wasnt it before bounce was 'fixed' that if you didn't bounce you would have caught it anyway?

I don't think bounce is all that unbalanced when you say its gives a no skilled volley.. 1 its not always that fast of a bounce. 2 if any defender is near you, before its in your radius to bounce it could be volleyed away.

I mean I love db, but after awhile it starts to feel very monotonous, removing bounce with make this worse. bounce allows for a lil space on volleys. like bouncing it to the side but volleying it back the other way like a deke? quick pass backs without volleying it back at them with too much speed.

i say bah. don't remove it. i'll kill myself i say!
The_One

Post by The_One »

Bounce is fine. Deflection radius is slightly too big.
RaGe|DB

Post by RaGe|DB »

I never EVER used rmb defending o/
*does that make me cool? : smiley please smiley :*
Onge

Post by Onge »

The_One wrote: Bounce is fine. Deflection radius is slightly too big.

I disagree with both points there...:D
f1end

Post by f1end »

Just stop people using bounce in their own penalty area...problem fixed...and u don't have to annoy lots of attackers...

and I disagree with onge... I agree with The_One
Last edited by f1end on 30-06-2004 15:53, edited 1 time in total.
Onge

Post by Onge »

f1end wrote: Just stop people using bounce in their own penalty area...problem fixed...and u don't have to annoy lots of attackers...

That's imbalanced in favour of attackers. Why should attackers be allowed to bounce and the defence not? Just remove the whole sodding thing I say...\o/
f1end

Post by f1end »

Onge wrote: That's imbalanced in favour of attackers. Why should attackers be allowed to bounce and the defence not? Just remove the whole sodding thing I say...\o/

But attackers don't use it as an exploit...and anyway, defenders can still use it, just not in the p-box, which should help DISCOURAGE box-defending. :p