Attn Rookie Players

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

METAFrank

Post by METAFrank »

{ULK}AcE wrote:
Twig lol, you said if you score on the keeper then the keeper made an error? Could it be the defense wasn't there? There wasn't any boosting? A keeper can't save everything he has to rely on some other people o_O

I think he means the fact that a keeper can even catch a ball in a 4 vs 1 - and if he doesnt it was his error. sure it was foreseeable that it was almost impossible to keep his goal clean at this time - but letting the ball cross the line - is still an error.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

if you see it that way....every ball is saveable
but practically few balls are keeper faults
RaGe|DB

Post by RaGe|DB »

David, think about getting a new teammember or something, you're way too busy!
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

is it still possible to bounce the ball in one dirrection and quickly shoot it in another? (bounce fake) ? i'm making one for that as well as 'advanced' move. just don't wanna put it in the lil db guide if its not valid anymore in 2k4 db hehe
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

The keeper can cover every part of the goal and every ball is savable. As humans, were not perfect, and thus goals are scored.

The more possibilities the keeper faces the slower his/her reaction time and less likely he/she will react correctly. So the greater verity of things an attacker does the less predictable and harder it is for the keeper.

When you see a goal scored off a rebound - Think, that could have done on purpose.

Wall volleys and missed shots are tools for attackers. Used correctly, at the right times, they can produce goals.

Like DavidM said "every ball is saveable but practically few balls are keeper faults" Every ball that crosses the line is a keeper error. However, the keeper is human and can't be expected to be perfect. So some goals are not the keepers fault.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

you gotta look at what the attackers do

in a 1on1 the keeper can practically get every ball, but you cannot expect him to....

against 2 players he cant do anything if they do it good
dudeguy-

Post by dudeguy- »

not every ball is a keeper error, what if the attacker is just that good and the keeper can't react in the tenth of a second that he gets before the ball goes in, but still reacts and is just late; i'd say it's the attack just being better than the keeper, no errors on either side D:

and missed shots as a tactic all depends on whether it's VO or real DB, the map, and how far the player is from the net; if the player is close to the net and shoots at the wall, he's setting up a wallvolley, and not missing a shot because he was never aiming for the net in the first place

so technically, there is no "missed shot" tactic, because you can:
1) shoot at the net, resulting in a save or goal
2) aim for the net, miss
3) setup a teammate off the wall, which would work maybe 1 out of 20 in a real DB match, maybe 1 out of 2 in VO
4) shoot the ball low on the ground, not hitting the wall, to setup a volley, which works alot, at least on my nub arse \o/
5) remember that there is actually a pass button, and setup volleys (europeans rarely do this on offense, one reason why their games are 2-1 or 3-2 unless the defense\keeper is shit, they must like to play DB like real soccer :D, but NA uses it alot, which is why most of our games have like 15 combined goals)
Inphidel

OK ITS FINISHED!

Post by Inphidel »

here is the home of my rookie guide. everyone link it if you want. mirroring it would be even better, i think my domain expires sometime next year. tho i hope to have updated this guide by then so no rush anyway.

http://www.lagfrag.com/dbrookieguide/

edit:

I redid all the images in gif. and made them all the same size. enjoy!
DiStUrbeD

Post by DiStUrbeD »

you have some on there twice (wall set/pass shot)
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

two different examples
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

All I'm saying is since it is technically possible to stop every shot - any goal is a keeper error. If the keeper makes an unreasonable error, then it's his/her fault. If the attackers cause a reasonable error, it's not the keepers fault. The attackers job is to cause the keeper to make an error and put the ball in the goal.

A "missed shot" is a wall set that the attacker hopes the keeper will think could go into the goal. It's purpose is to make the keeper react to what he/she thinks is a possible score.

Don't forget REG deathball is also played on pubs.
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

oh i see, i fixed. dist
Messy

Post by Messy »

n1 :) maybe group them a bit more :o

And although I know it's obvious emphasis is on attack, because you mostly do that (afaik), attack...but with that as a given, could you move keep and defender up first so it gets a bit more attention? :o

Very very nice though =) gj
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

true mess, ok i moved em. i agree a good defense should come first :D
PHiLø

Post by PHiLø »

lol gg lamer! no keep = lame!