Post your DB ideas here! \o/

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

priior

Post by priior »

(sorry my m key is broken.. it doesnt type all the time)

i like the penalty shootouts!!

if you walk into the pbox u die...

different volley speed is a neat idea... however it makes thegame ore coplex.. and more coplex = bad.

choosing keeper/ballspawn is a great idea but ONLY for team games. putting that in public games will turn ppl off.
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

the problem then is the keeper can stand on the edge of the box and hit the attacker as soon as he charges up
Onge

Post by Onge »

I still think golden goal is the best way to decide a match where both sides have the same score after the time has elapsed...But a shootout fun mode would be a laugh...Oooh, the pressure! I know I'd fook it up! :D
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

tbh, i'd keep the golden goal system.... that way everyone feels the pressure..
f1end

Post by f1end »

DavidM...I think u misunderstood somehow...my idea has no relavance to ping at all, and no 1 setting would be better or worse than another...just down to personal taste, like the adjustable pass aim-cone...

and to those that say..."but then u wouldn't know who had what setting, and wouldn't be able to predict"... that's half the point tbh... Deathball is getting rather "samey", some variation would be good. Anyway, after a while u would get to know who had what setting.

And, finally, relik, the idea was to have it tweakable, not just a defense, attack, mid setting...u might want the bigger radius as an attacker, if u are prepared to sacrifice volley speed.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

i was talking about free kicks, not penalty (1on1)
Penalties will be added (ice hockey style and normal football ones)
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

R3L!K wrote: tbh, i'd keep the golden goal system.... that way everyone feels the pressure..

with penalty shootout you feel it much more!
and we make it configurable anyway, so you can choose.
-=LyNx=-
Banned

Post by -=LyNx=- »

DavidM wrote: thats true, but there is simply no reason for a penalty....
i mean what should happen?
fouls? guess not
offside? imagine offside on curve or chill....
AND offside wouldnt make good free kicks because they would be in your own half

if you have ideas on how to add penaltys, tell me, i would like to have some (with very powerful shots and walls)

Well penaltys for when the game is tied optional over golden goal, for example: at the end it loads another map called penalty shoot out, and in order the player at the top of each team gets to spawn in a place which they cant move but only volley the ball and when the keeper and player has clicked they can volley thier penalty from a certain place. I'm not sure how to choose your keeper to go in goal but i suppose it would only be fair if everybody got a go at saving.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

listen to me for once
i meant free kicks... x_X
Catalyst88

Post by Catalyst88 »

As regards the different classes of player idea... I think that would just lose the simplicity of playing DB - it might be fine as an alternate gametype or mutator, but for stock games i think the gameplay is about right as it is at the moment.
Maegrim

Post by Maegrim »

davidm, that Image button is there for a reason you know
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

well, why would you want free kicks?

i don't really see a situation when it would be required.

however, if you really wanted to do something like that, how about this:

1) free kick taker has twice normal shot power

2) no players apart from the goal keeper are allowing in the penalty area until the ball is shot.

3) no defending team are allowed within a certain radius of the free kick taker

edit: would probably need some kind of distance limiter to prevent free kicks right on the edge of the pen area, which would be totally unfair. if my idea is to work, ideally all free kicks would be from the middle third of the field
Last edited by R3L!K on 19-05-2004 16:41, edited 1 time in total.
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

this whole freekick penaltie shot thing sounds like a coding nightmare, with opportunites of bugs all around :P. doesnt sound like fun, sounds like slow gameplay.
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

oh i just got a dumb idea. tho sounds mildly entertaining.. in the case of a tie game, when golden goal mode is turned on suddenly everyone runs faster like in celebration mode ;P
RaGe|DB

Post by RaGe|DB »

yea, like beserk. that would be fun! :o maybe even higher jumps?