3 player fun

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Messy

Post by Messy »

Besides..there was already a mutator by rens (and later when it stopped working, only an implementation of multiballs in dodgeball) \o/
Stulovesyou

Post by Stulovesyou »

The main problem with this gametype, the way it was proposed is that there is only 2 players per team.

You can't have permanent goal keepers, as then the game would just degrade to wall happy solo attacks.

Your team-mate needs to come out of an opposition goal and help you attack. Be someone to pass to.
Essentially, you'd still be playing 4v2 until you turn it over...

Then it is just a matter of 'who' you turn it over to, as to what happens next.

A basic defensive tactic may be to have one of your players 'goal hang' while the other tries to get the ball, knowing the 3rd colour would also be defending.
But this third colour may also send one of their players to goal hang... leaving 2v2.
If the team with the ball doesn't score, then whoever picks up the rebound will instantly launch downfield to their goalhanger who'll score.

This method of gaming, is lame.

It is taking the best bits of 2v2's... and adding goalhanging.

It would have to be four players per team minimum.
Therefore each team can have 1 player guarding each of the opposing goals, while 2 players attack.
But it would still degrade into spam.

what?
Fizzy

Post by Fizzy »

i said 3 players per team ddint i? if not thats what i meant..

1 tends goal, 2 attack, if they lose the ball they boost back to defence, defence is readily available as its 2 teams defending on one..

4 players per team is overkill