Pbox camping solution?

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

DavidM

Post by DavidM »

the jolleh-david wall :D

well other teams can easily score on us, deus totally failed, their attackers had no idea what to do :/
DiStUrbeD

Post by DiStUrbeD »

froste wrote: na games are one thing..

http://froste.co.uk/files/thereisnospoo ... amping.JPG

i think there is a pbox problem. Personally, i dont like trying to shoot through 4 players walking around in the pbox.

oh and the other day, my ball deflected off of a ragdoll.....?
GazMaN

Post by GazMaN »

weve started to play our sweeper as a midfielder in some recent games, just to counter the full team in the box bolox.

can get round it, just takes time , and plenty of frags :)
Scotteh

Post by Scotteh »

from the latest games ive seen.. o players seem to have adapted to pbox camping... (in NA games at least)

^^its called blocking for your teammates

even tho there is a lot of camping in most games now and i really hate it cause im O, its apparent that there won't be any changes to make this go away, I guess everyone will just have to think of something to get around it....passing maybe :ban:
Imo

Post by Imo »

Scotteh wrote: ^^its called blocking for your teammates

even tho there is a lot of camping in most games now and i really hate it cause im O, its apparent that there won't be any changes to make this go away, I guess everyone will just have to think of something to get around it....passing maybe :ban:

Then it'll be removed from the game. :)
-plær-

Post by -plær- »

Yeah, I mean, who *passes* these days? Thats's just for noobs anyway...
BloodyLoony

Post by BloodyLoony »

Well the real problem about box camping is that the most effective weapon against it is instavolleys, and we all know what happens when there's one superior way to score.

DeathBall needs complete rethinking in my mind.
CurvE

Post by CurvE »

::Pfffff:: My fucking god... no matter what you do, or change in deathball... not everyone is gonna like it... i suggest leaving it how it is...

everyone can score when there is pbox camping... its just a matter of how 'Creative' your team is.... i mean, even Khushdi can score.... and he is a keeper! (apparently ;))

Pbox 'camping' isnt a problem at all.... i dont see why people are bitching about it.... 1 def with instagib ability... and 1 keep... the rest....

:blabla:

LMAO... riiight...

EDIT: think about this.... to prevent pbox camping..... ever heard of a quick attack? they wont have a prayer to get back and defend. hence... no 4 people in the box,

another situation.... your 2on1 with the defender (and keeper).... what does he do? he p-box camps.... I mean... what else can he do? right? ...I hope you see my point in all this :confused:
Last edited by CurvE on 28-11-2003 03:49, edited 1 time in total.
JollyRulez

Post by JollyRulez »

DavidM wrote: the jolleh-david wall :D

:p :cool: ;)

:D
NitrousOxide

Post by NitrousOxide »

How about if defenders could inflict 5 points of damage for every hit of an attacker in their half of the pitch, regardless of whether the attacker has the ball?

Then combine that with the pbox only being instagib for the keeper, while for other defenders it only does 80 points damage.

This would encourage defenders to defend higher up the pitch, so that the odds of killing someone in the pbox is increased \o/
Fallen_Bullet

Post by Fallen_Bullet »

in hockey, we call playing trap and thats is somewhat we call pbox camp here. It's boring, and you rely on breakdowns of the defense to score. Usually it's fast breaks going the other way as well.
Croaker

Post by Croaker »

What bullet said

since the trap is so commonly used in nhl, matches finish with low scoring, and watching it is really boring... We even see 0-0...
Hockey is losing popularity cause of that play style, and if we dont want the same thing to happen to db, we need to do something about it...
Fallen_Bullet

Post by Fallen_Bullet »

did someone agree with me?

/me shouts hurrah!
ACE-ICH

Post by ACE-ICH »

hehe boxdefend
who was the first ????
:)
Imo

Post by Imo »

Chrisfu?