-LyNx-
Banned

Post by -LyNx- »

not bad
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

Excellent.

I noticed a few things.

Your goal volumes are too close. They should be 40 units back from the front of the goal. Otherwise you can get owngoals and goals that are not goals (keeper saves but counts anyway).

Your Pbox is a little short in front of the goals. I would extend it 80 units farther from the goal to match the width. This would also make it equal to small cube's pbox.

I didn't see any RedEvent (besides the sound). The BlueEvent is behind the opposite goal and would hardly ever be seen. I would spend some more time working on this. Overall this is a very good map and it could use something better for goal events in my opinion.

Anyhow, I like the map and I'll get the beta up on my server ASAP.
RaGe|DB

Post by RaGe|DB »

I like it, really do, it > cube
and still very playable!

gg :D
Last edited by RaGe|DB on 11-01-2004 13:33, edited 1 time in total.
E.Thomephone

Post by E.Thomephone »

thx twigstir, i know for the red goal event, I just don't know what to do. And it's hard to do those emmiters:mad:
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

Search the Epic/DE maps until you find an emitter that you could use (The x- emitters are easier than the emitter) Adjust the settings to suit your needs.

UND for emitters: http://udn.epicgames.com/Content/UnrealEdInterface

AngelMapper has two tutorials that should help with x-emitters: http://www.angelmapper.com/

- since your theme is a warehouse, I would suggest a siren and siren light effect might work for goal effects. I know there is an epic siren sound (might be a looped sound), plus the CTF and dom alert sounds. I don't know of an epic/de example for a siren light but, you might do something similar to Ice Deamon. Just an idea.

You're free to use any of my goal effects you wish if there is something that you like.
Chick-kun

Post by Chick-kun »

very nice map, keep up the excellent work \o/
BUTT
Banned

looks like twig map

Post by BUTT »

anyway...
should make the fan blades either a) make it kill people and/or let them get out to view alcatraz prison :P would be neat, or b) put a grate infront of them so i don't keep thinking i can get out there...

the blocking volumes along the wall and ceilings is annoying... i think adding that side and leting players run along up there might be a good idea...

nice map other wise.. nice to see a regular goal in there
-butt
Alavar

Post by Alavar »

Just had a chance to play this on twigs and like BUTT, the most annoying thing I found were the blocking volumes along the walls. When you shoot at the walls, the textures show there being a recess and, bang, you hit an invisible wall instead. A person goes off of what they can visually see to gage how the ball will bounce, but if it bounces off a wall that they can't see, it messes everything up.
Also there are no blocking volumes around the lights near the ceilings so when you shoot the ball up, it just goes straight through the lights.

Another thing is the goal sounds, what is that, someone flushing bolts and nuts down a toilet? :)

Those are my only real complaints about it but other than that, it could be enjoyable.