#dbpickup

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Fallen
Banned

Post by Fallen »

Why you think I'm showing my ego, Imo, you better shut your mouth before you start posting bullshit. Nothing about ego was in teh thread. I don't give a rat's ass if he is changing shit, but I came to a understanding that someone who was biased was grading everyone. I don't even come to dbpickup on occasion.

So, in closing, shut you mouth. Here, sin says, "you nigger dick to tha window shit on to tha wall lick deez wet nutz down to a nigger ball suck em baby aww skee skee skee skee ah skee skee kthx whos NEXT!!!!".
Chick-kun

Post by Chick-kun »

DavidM wrote: de-op me if it makes you happier, i dont need it
i can control the ratings without it -_-

ops are something that is just being abused by lil kids like chick etc.... we dont need any ops at all

but when people like bong or heretic keep on spamming shit and annoying people I just cant resist :|

if i was abusing ops you would have been banned x|
i am a fair op and dont ban anyone without a good reason

and if there were no ops to control the channel, there would be chaos
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

You created the chaos with your op-ing.
Ker]v[et

Post by Ker]v[et »

Chick-kun wrote:
i am a fair op and dont ban anyone without a good reason

lol sure, me and Succi saw :ban:

lets all be happy and nice :eek:
BlackFlame

Post by BlackFlame »

he wasnt fair? you disobeyed the rules and an opand rather than banning you for ages it was a 1 MIN BAN, just to get the point across!!!!1
Lithinite

Post by Lithinite »

Imo wrote: Fallen, who cares? It doesn't matter about the rating.

Your showing your ego with "Now who gets to choose how good you are?" . What does it matter?

At least it's still better than a public game (obviously generalising).

when you correct a teacher in school do they make you come up and teach? Being good is necesary to judge the quality of other players. On one end you might be very good and look down upon everyone and on the other hand you may be crappy and think anyone better than you is godly.

I play offense. Think i can tell you who the best offensive players are? hell no. I wouldnt even try. I can tell yuo who the best defenders and keepers are though.

Lets look at how David M and GE are judging this. 2 players that continuously play offense (and cherry pick to my understanding) rating people they avoid (defenders), people they need to be 1v1 on the score on (keepers) and trying to rate people they never have to pass to because they cherry pick (attackers).

Tell me how this rating system is fair again please. :confused:
Catalyst88

Post by Catalyst88 »

End of argument.

1) Rule #3 should be obeyed when people are active who may not speak other laguanges (like, me for example), because it's just discourteous, if you feel like you need to speak in another laguage then please continue conversation somewhere else (obviously if it's not bothering anyone I'm not really bothered about it). If you can't speak english very well then that's fine, someone can help translate if needed.

2) The ratings system is actually a lot fairer than it was when there were just random teams picked (although because everyone's human of COURSE it's not perfect). The ratings system is chosen by davidm, even i don't know what the ratings are but I really don't care, because it seems to work. Does it REALLY matter that much what your rating is? If so goldy would put an option in when starting pickups to use the old version of it so people don't have to use what (apparently) are biased ratings. Perhaps. Would solve that problem.

3) #dbpickup is a community thing, it is NOT owned nor run by davidm. He's an op (as are the others) because he's generally a trustworthy person, and much as I might loathe to say it sometimes, he's actually quite a decent bloke (feel free to quote me on that if you like, I really don't care). The channel is owned by me and goldy, but it is supposed to be for the community. Also, ops are bound by the same rules as everyone else.

4) I know in the past I've done some incredibly stupid things in #dbpickup, mostly because of my own insecurities and periods of depression, but I want to set this straight now. Everyone who's banned must be banned for a reason, by ANY of the ops, and it must be a valid reason relating to the channel, rather than a personal one (I've been guilty of using it to my own personal ends for too long.). The rules are there to be followed, so bloody well follow them or get banned, if you disagree with the rules then feel free not to participate.

If any of that was incoherent I'm sorry, but I'm sleepy and it's time for me to go to bed. Goodnight.
Wibble

Post by Wibble »

Oh my god :o

Someone who actually puts together a logical, cohesive arguement!

Are you sure you're part of the db community and not an imposter? :)
Catalyst88

Post by Catalyst88 »

Wibble wrote: Oh my god :o

Someone who actually puts together a logical, cohesive arguement!

Are you sure you're part of the db community and not an imposter? :)

Oh, my bad, sorry, thought this was a counter-strike forum :)