Selfvolley power reduced to 1500 max in 1.9! Good or Bad?

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

DavidM

Post by DavidM »

its poop easy to defend
Astroboy

Post by Astroboy »

Here's an idea!!!

Running with the ball is ineffective. It makes you go M@D slow!
LOLZ!! Let's maek eet so you can't run with teh ball!! LOLZ!!
Oh wait ! That idea sucks!

You know what other idea sucks? Take a guess!
Imo

Post by Imo »

DavidM wrote: "Maybe the problem isnt the fact that people wall volley to much but the fact that they dont shoot at all."

wall crap is a problem, yes.
all people do it all the time, and they dont notice what a weak tool it is, its piss easy to defend, you hardly succeed with it

so i made wall stuff even worse for 1.9, maybe even the last n00b will notice its not worth trying :)

Increase normal shoot speed. Lower charge up sound. :)
Instigator

Post by Instigator »

:o there fine as they are:p
Om3Ga

Post by Om3Ga »

Why are you changing it?

If it's easy to defend, what's the problem?

some ppl are actually good at it still. i rekon ur removing it cos u dont like to/cant defend it -_-

I agree :p

However...
wall volleys are ego crap, when you can wall volley you can ALWAYS shoot and its more likely to go in, the reason some people wall volley is just to show off, and then fail horribly fucking up the play.

That's is bs, you can't always shoot when you wall volley, the defenders can boost away the ball, boost you or jump in front of the ball. And you need to aim the shot, so it's not "more likely to go in". Wall volleying by showing off....lol, since when did people always fail horribly at wall volleying. I've scored hundreds of goals with it...and it's not to show off :confused:
Last edited by Om3Ga on 30-08-2003 13:56, edited 1 time in total.
BL44T

Post by BL44T »

I fully agree to Om3Ga. Wallvolleys may look noobish and selfish, but they are sometimes really hard, especially when you have a good defender in front of you. Like he said, there are many ways to keep an attacker from scoring by wallvolley and actually; the keepers become better and better in keeping the wallvolleys because they do 2on2's or just because everyone (tries to) do(es) them.
If you say wallvolleying is too easy, look at the so called 'catalysts', the 'pass on third jump' move. When you practice it a littlebit, is just as easy or even easier then doin a wallvolley, cause it's way harder for the keeper to time / dodge.
Stulovesyou

Post by Stulovesyou »

When DavidM ruins version 1.9

I will recommend we do not upgrade our servers.
Diab

Post by Diab »

i think the only time a volley is harder then a shot is when they manage to pull it off inside the pbox, what gives you little time ot react unless you pounced at them and fragged the bastard :P (easyer said then donw)
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

wall volleys are actaully more effective in one way than they used to be.... nobody doesn't them much anymore therefor defenders aren't exspecting them (so i well done wall volley can be hard to defend against)
TEZC_Robban

Post by TEZC_Robban »

I've also seen wallvollies used rather nice, when the defender tried jumping up to tackle the attacker, the attacker shot under the defender, it bounced via floor against wall and then he dunked it in the close top corner \o

Looked kinda neat and the defender was totally owned :D
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

DavidM wrote: its poop easy to defend

if its so easy to defend then why the fuck are you nerfing it?

also, shooting is poop easy to defend. why dont you nerf that too? and while your at it nerf defense... thats way to easy to play.
Om3Ga

Post by Om3Ga »

Exactly Surge :rolleyes:
Dazlin

Post by Dazlin »

maybe make the shot p0wer 100 more but the charge up time the same and leave the volley ALONE
[V3]Cajubski
Banned

Post by [V3]Cajubski »

all i have to say is, if it aint broke, dont fix it :p
beefsack

Post by beefsack »

[V3]Cajubski wrote: all i have to say is, if it aint broke, dont fix it :p

couldnt agree more. lower self volley power ;)