This kinda sucks...

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Think Keeper Radius Should be Shortened?

Yes Keeper Radius Should Be Shortened.
22%
No leave it the way it is.
68%
Doesn't matter
10%

Total votes: 41

Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

Insanes a keeper... nice try though.

I already said just give it to them while dodgeing and it'll solve everything... either your going to catch the ball while dodging, or miss the ball while dodging. Using the current, maybe slightly larger, radius for dodging and a smaller one to prevent keeper suction when standing still wont affect gameplay at all... If your a good keeper it wont get harder to keep because you shouldnt be reliant on suction.
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

insane just said he is a keeper....(though he has played O as well)

one of the things imo that is killing db right is the lack of anything new to learn... some ppl have called it the skill limit.... we have all being playing this game so long that ppl are being able to play every possition on the field. What is there to keep them playing db? ppl are geting bored with their possitions becuase they feel the lack of skill needed to be as good as even the better players of the past (think D and possibly keeper...though i can't do it)...what more is there.

that is why i think some efforts to add more depth to the game would be a injection of life into db.

ideas to increase depth:

make it matter which direction the keeper is going: make the raduis only normal size in the direction they are going/make.. or you could do the shield gun idea (which would prevent the "why am i missing these shots" thing)

figure out a new scoring method: presonaly i think get rid of the buggy as hell bounce volley and replace it with a charged volley that is hard as hell to master but once it is extremely effective. possibly bring back a lower powered n00b cannon (think pass shot speed)

dribbling. give and attackers new options to try and d more options to have to think about (an increase in skill limit for both sides)
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

I think it works fine, people are still scoring 10+ goals a game. obviously goalies are not gods. you've just totally owned the keeper when you do score ;)
ThaGiMiC

Post by ThaGiMiC »

The poll speaks for itself =)

If keeping does have to be changed in any way tho, there should be a specific beta test for it. If TV find that keeping needs to be altered they should get a keep/or a few, to try it out on TC and find out what works and what doesnt.
GazMaN

Post by GazMaN »

keeping is fine now, i play against a lot of quality keepers and i score my fair share past em, so it cant b that easy to keep.
The_One

Post by The_One »

Thing is when I keep (I suck very very hard!), it seems that I save some that I shouldn't (by just standing in the middle the ball gets sucked to me) and other times it seems I should of saved it but it whistles right through my screen and into the goal.

Change the catch radius to a cylinder, remove the keeper latency and make the volley radius smaller for the keeper (to prevent it covering half the net).

This will make keeping alot fairer to both parties. No longer will the ball seem like it went through you when keeper and no longer will the ball be automagically sucked into an inactive keeper when it should have gone in.

It will also make for some more spectacular saves like dodging from one side of the net to hammer away a slightly badly placed shot (by this I mean a shot not close enough to the other post). If you are on one side you should not be able to dodge to the other and hammer it away.

Keeper latency was just a hack to prevent keepers from completely shutting out the attack.
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

GazMaN wrote: ... so it cant b that easy to keep.

Keeping is not easy, ur right.....

keepers are underrated, tbh i think attacking is the easiest position in the game, u shoot at post: ooooooooooooo Unlucky!!!

keeper cant save a shot: OMFG n00b Wtf U Doing?

*sigh*

any n00b nowadays knows how to shoot a volley, but few guys know how to dodge at right time...... Support Keepers \o
XiLLeRaToR
Banned

Post by XiLLeRaToR »

ill support u when u get ur own cd keys
RaGe|DB

Post by RaGe|DB »

ok, u walk at goal, u pretend to pass at invisible aliens, then u drop the ball, kick the keeper in the nuts, and shoot the ball between the legs, \o/
YoYo789

Post by YoYo789 »

RaGe|DB wrote: ok, u walk at goal, u pretend to pass at invisible aliens, then u drop the ball, kick the keeper in the nuts, and shoot the ball between the legs, \o/
good plan, 1 flaw: kicking someone in the nuts generally makes them close their legs (and fall to the floor).
RaGe|DB

Post by RaGe|DB »

YoYo789 wrote: good plan, 1 flaw: kicking someone in the nuts generally makes them close their legs (and fall to the floor).

i know but when u try to shoot the ball through the legs then, u hit the nutz, again! so then u still win even if u dont score \o/
Still

Post by Still »

ho cmon don't touch this, it's already hard to keep good so ......
Jerkoff

Post by Jerkoff »

I agree w/ berk. Have the radius go whichever way the keep is moving, like when u see a keeper in soccer dive in one direction w/ his arms out. Have the radius only extend in one direction or another. Maybe since the radius is there for lag issues, gameplay would be affected by the change, because higher ping= slower response when changing directions= slower radius movement. But if they can do it w/o any problems, then i'm all for it.

Bring back dribbles and setjump, if only as an option is cool w/ me, just stick it in there tho for sure. More gameplay 'options' (not changes) is cool w/ me.