player hight on middle radar

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Diab

Post by Diab »

Cenotaph wrote: im still waitin for guys to tell whats in middle-radar that isnt in bottom radar....

helps judge boosting distances for prople running behind you, once your dot and the other players dot is about one dot length apart its in boosting range, also keeps eyes foward then to always look bottom right :)

i cant play db without it :lol:
NaB

Post by NaB »

GazMaN wrote: ive never had any problems with not using middle radar, i tried once to try and get used to it, but i spent too much time concentrating on the dots, over where i am aiming :o

omg, gaz doesnt use middle radar :OOOOOOOOOO

*dumped
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

at first its annoying, and I remember it took me over a month to get used to it and to learn how to use it......but it sure helps a lot
otherwise you always have to look at lower right radar, which is to be used to 'bigger' stuff, no close ups
Morning*Star

Post by Morning*Star »

only thing i ever really use the bottom radar for is to spot ppl who are open for long range passes as keeper

then again i'm no keeper :)
fro

Post by fro »

fuck radars.

i use the force
Axl

Post by Axl »

i guess it also depends on what games u used to play.. I myself lived on all the fifa and kick off games with the radar at the bottom right so it comes second nature to me, i like to have a little as possible in the main view window and like gaz when i tried the middle radar i spent more time looking at the dots than the game
Hoju

Post by Hoju »

It's really annoying to look all the way down there to find out if you're close enough for a boost, or if a defender is about to kill you. I can still look at the middle radar and concentrate on the game. The only time I ever use the bottom radar is to see if a teammate is behind a defender and available for a lob pass,.
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

for what its worth do this...

use the cross hair thats a circle with a dot in it and the outher ring. Now go ino your DBuser.ini (i think) and set the size of the crosshair to 85. Using this and the standard central radar it gives you the exact boost and hit radius. The boost being when a same team intersects with the reticle and the hit being when an enemy is 50% or more inside the reticle.

Its very useful :D
uberslacker

Post by uberslacker »

for this height deal i think a good way to implement this would be to make the dots on the radar bigger and smaller depending on their height... also since with boosts they would be really high making them really big on the radar, the higher they get aka bigger the dot is on the radar, the more transparent the dot becomes so you can still see others at your level...

i dunno maybe dots should get smaller the higher they are, whatever, but i think this would be better than having little numbers with each dot
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

agreed... higher = bigger. When your higher = all others smaller.
RaGe*NL*
Banned

Post by RaGe*NL* »

middle radar is that glassy looking thingie right? :s , i never use it, always the other one, oO i always know when to boost so why use the other one? \o/
XiLLeRaToR
Banned

Post by XiLLeRaToR »

people still not use the middle radar?:| gaz no wonder you miss a lot of cross volleys if its above behind u;) middle radar is aobsofuckinglutely essential imho, i know because ive been testing a mates map which didnt have it yet and omg the difference it made:Z
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

ya, they say its useless because they dont know what it feels like to be able to use it

its hard to get used to it indeed
GazMaN

Post by GazMaN »

i will try again! :)
Rens2Sea

Post by Rens2Sea »

froste wrote: fuck radars.

i use the force

\o/ :D