1.8 Deflection/bounce - Yes or No?

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Do you like the 1.8 implementation of deflection/bounce?

Yes
26%
No
62%
I don't know
12%

Total votes: 92

MeSSiaH{FCU}

Post by MeSSiaH{FCU} »

RTCL :)

(ps: its where a ball bounces off of you automatically if the ball hits u in 0.2 secs (if i'm right). So u cant do really close intercepting anymore since it will bounce off you in a seemingly random way X_X)
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

I havnt downloaded the new version yet. because i had just downloaded 1.7 like a week ago?

but the idea in theory sounds nice. but unless everyone is exagerating it sounds like it was put into the game wrong....

and yeah don't bring the realism argument to this game. i'd like to see someone do a tripple jump ;)

this deflection thing does sound like its a bit over argued against tho. come on - 0.2 seconds is a very small window for this to happen in. but does that mean if you shot the ball into a team mate at close up it would bounce backand forth forever? :> it should bounce off as if they were a wall. however. maybe hitting the person decreases the ball to half its current speed. because there is no real air physics to slow the ball down, if you hit a person with the ball its going to loose alot of its movment to bounce...
uberslacker

Post by uberslacker »

i'm just wondering, when was this ut2003 soccer? never? k thanks.

this is deathball, not soccer(football for all you euros), if we want to play a realistic soccer game then you should probably take out all the guns and use a soccer ball, but i don't think that the db community wants this to turn into soccer. soccer is great, but db is different.
MeSSiaH{FCU}

Post by MeSSiaH{FCU} »

I dont recall ANYONE, EVER, saying this was supposed to be soccer O-o.
Please post something relevant next time X_X
gnomeh

Post by gnomeh »

do a search for "soccer/football" and you'll see how much its talk about...now be quiet please.
Also, the thought of this thing being added into a mod was probaly added because a person brought up that in soccer (football, dam euros :p) you can kick the ball really fast against your opponent as a move and it goes so fast he can't do anything about it but just take the blow.
uberslacker

Post by uberslacker »

MeSSiaH{FCU} wrote: I dont recall ANYONE, EVER, saying this was supposed to be soccer O-o.
Please post something relevant next time X_X
Why don't we do a test. You jump 2 feet in front of me and I'll throw a soccer ball as hard as I can directly at your face.

Will you catch it? Or will it bounce off you?

I for one suggest we test!

Not neccessarily soccer, but if someone kicks the ball as hard as they can a guy a few feet away will have the ball bounce off him, aka you know where this one was going.

And if this wasn't put in to be more like soccer or more like a 'realism' type feature, then wtg was it put in?
Try to post once you've read the thread and once you know what its about X_X
Zoline

Post by Zoline »

I like the deflections. my only problem is that they come off too fast and they can be deflected behind you. If it was the same as an overcharged shot (only goes forward in a random direction at a low speed) it would be awesome. I hope this feature stays, but it does need tweaked.
Zoline

Post by Zoline »

Sorry, meant to clarify. When I say it can be deflected behind you, i mean you can get shot in the face and the ball comes out of your ass.
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

Zoline aint lying.. that why we lost by one to NS yesterday opposed to typing them. It went in right at Zo and came out behind him to his right about 10 degrees... Not to mention the shot was an overcharge and actually picked up speed.

just remove this garbage already. This is not one thing i would like to "get used to" because it doesnt happen enough and its just annoying when it does.

Another example is when i was 1v1 on KillerRebel in that scrim at about 1/2 pitch, in our end, and they were killing the clock. They had one guy farther back that got killed so he was running up. Well i'm guarding KR and he passes, bounced straight up into the air and resets. The guy running up the field then picks it up again and NS still keeps the ball even tho we completely eliminated ALL passing possibilities for KR except the person comming up towards 1/2. This is BS. It should not bounce off you if they have to try and force a pass THROUGH or VERY CLOSE to you. Thats not teamwork. Thats forcing offense and isnt what DB is about(being the team game it is). If anything the deflection supports "ego-whores" because it makes you not want to try and shell the ball off when some dudes in your face, especially close to the net.
uberslacker

Post by uberslacker »

too bad we would have beat you anyway surge :p
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

stfu puber :)
Zoline

Post by Zoline »

Trust me, it's not pleasant having a Deathball come out of there...

But seriously, it needs to be scrapped if you are gonna let it keep the ability to come out the back of me at a higher rate of speed.

So slow it down, and make it bounce off the player like a wall, or scrap it, k?
YoYo789

Post by YoYo789 »

i don't know how hard to code it would be, but wouldn't it be (slightly) more realistic to have the player modelled by an elongated sphere (stretched vertically) or a cylinder (sp?) and have the ball bounce accordingly? So if the ball hits the player full on it will bounce back, and if it just glances the player it will only be slightly deflected.
InSaNe
Banned

Post by InSaNe »

It's gay imo, but that's just me, and I'm in V3 ;)

-[V3]InSaNe
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

and I'm in V3

Thus nullifying any opinions you might have ;)