New Keep Zone...Like or Hate?

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

If this tactic really is a problem for a lot of people (I don't really care tbh), then the 5 sec countdown timer idea seems like the best solution.

Any keeper who leaves the pen area will have a 'Keeper transfer' countdown, when it reaches 0, keeping will switch to somebody else in the pen area.

But if there is more than one, who should it go to?

Person longest in the pen box or person closest to the goal line?

Edit: Forgot to say, I like the freedom the keeper now has and don't want to lose it by going back to the 1.6 style
The_One

Post by The_One »

it would be good if you could have a designated keeper that never changed.
obviously not for pubs though.
Goldeneye

Post by Goldeneye »

The_One wrote: it would be good if you could have a designated keeper that never changed.
obviously not for pubs though.

yep, would be best probably :s and i can't think of any sport where you have something like a keeper, and can change him as fast as it is atm in db oO

and for pubs use 1.6 style / delay timer / or step into keeper zone to become NEW keeper (when old one is outside penzone)
Last edited by Goldeneye on 21-06-2003 02:40, edited 1 time in total.
Fallen
Banned

Post by Fallen »

even tho the new keep zone does encourage pbox camping, i have to agree wif alot of u that it does give the keep a little more freedom. on the count down timer idea, i think 5 secs is a bit too much, 3 secs would be better.

um.....how come when u tap the shoot button and dodge towards the ball, its as if ur glued to the field. wat reason is behind this?
MeSSiaH{FCU}

Post by MeSSiaH{FCU} »

imo this would be best:

- Player can choose keeper positions and other positions in settings which will affect their spawning points and priority above other players who take over goal etc.
- Let other player be able to go keep by either:
----------°Going into the keeper zone while keeper is outside of pzone
----------°Going into the pzone 5 seconds after the old keeper has left pzone
- Disable dodging out of pzone if keeper zone is filled with a non-keeping player
Dazlin

Post by Dazlin »

[1234]Jr wrote: oh oh oh! Reminds me.. can u make it so when sum1 is keeper no1 (defenders) can stand in the small keeper box and instantly become keeper? This was a problem in 1.6, exposed to the max by FS.... :D

why not do this??