Boosting again

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Chrisfu

Post by Chrisfu »

So basically once all the teams have re-learnt it, it'll still be whored anyway?
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

i doubt it
too easy to prevent
Diab

Post by Diab »

the slowdown, is it like the under power shots where your speed is set, and then jumps back up?

anyway it could drop to 70% and over 4 odd seconds count up to 100% again? instead of an instant 70-100
Samur

Post by Samur »

it sounds good...we will see, how good it works...maybe it will bring the tactics back :)
RaGe*NL*
Banned

Post by RaGe*NL* »

why is it that everytime something good happens, people make sure it leaves again :/
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

i know, cy.blue got infected by the boost virus too
but once you played against a team thats using it and you have no chance to prevent the goal you will understand
RaGe*NL*
Banned

Post by RaGe*NL* »

david, we played against some teams that did the same thing, u just need to pre-boost, dont let em boost or boost or own played in the direction. its a tactic, if they have the time for it, u will have to :/
Axl

Post by Axl »

well what ever u do, please hurry up :P after just playing KeX-Sith this is the first time i have ever been pissed off after a match.. All they did was broomstick moves.. NOTHING else! when u do finally get rid of it i believe they will be so fucked! and i think the premier league will be a far different story
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

they were quite pissed after the match against us yesterday, the usual kex kindergarten :D

ya, whenever 1.7 is bugfree it will be gone, that part is done already
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

anyone who will be sad when this is removed obviously wants db to die a quick hard death
NaB

Post by NaB »

no-one seems to have said anything about passes with no target down to 70%, is this gonna have a major impact on pass shots? resulting in it becoming even harder to score!
-plær-

Post by -plær- »

NaB wrote: no-one seems to have said anything about passes with no target down to 70%, is this gonna have a major impact on pass shots?

Oh crap...most of my goals are from pass shots. Why is this being changed?

From the sound of it, the whole game is going to feel very different from 1.6. Perhaps a third Beta would be a good idea? I would hate to have something "minor" (like this 70% pass-shot) slip through the net, and end up having have a major impact on the final release.
Orbitul

Post by Orbitul »

DavidM wrote: -when someone picks up the ball while flying thru the air slow him down immediately to 75%
(-when you pickup the ball while flying remove all remaining multijumps (make sure you got all when you have the ball and do a normal multijump)) not sure about that one tho

This sounds like it removes the often used (and i think valid) tactic of catching the ball while in the air and continuing to jump to maintain speed for just a few seconds. People use this on offense a lot to maintain the very little space they have on defenders. And i'm not talking about being boosted and catching the ball while in the air, i'm just talking about how people will often jump right before recieving a pass so that they are in the air and maintain speed.

Will this change both slow us down and remove our ability to jump again? I'm not totally against the change just wondering if it will affect this move?
NaB

Post by NaB »

how about a player gets gibbed if he catches the ball while traveling above a certain speed? U_u

I agree with the post above, jumping as you recieve the ball form a normal pass shouldnt be affected by the change. you need to think of a better solution.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

it makes no difference when you are alone in front of the keeper

it was just unfair cause you could pass past a defender and score at the same time (especially in chill and tribun cuz of the way too small pen zones, but they are bigger now, maybe the change is unnecessary), that is prevented now
and shootpass was used to score when you do the boosttrick, that's harder too