wow, talk about memories. any old school ppl around still?

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

priior

Post by priior »

god i cant stand michael moore!! :)

berk!!!! in japan!! sweeet!!! sushi a gogo!
DoMmeh``

Post by DoMmeh`` »

i don`t know lot of his films but i know bowling for columbine and fahrenheit 9/11 and i really like'em both :)

he's got a good way of argumentationsstructure as far as i can judge it xD
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

he sure is right about a lot. but often he's too pathetic and sometimes seems to fake stuff....but dunno, maybe its the republicans trying us to believe he's faking.
Fooman

Post by Fooman »

OMG berk, good to see that you are safe in Japan. I was hoping that you were not at Va Tech when that fucker went crazy. Were you in engineering? Did you know any victims? :(

I saw Bowling for Columbine, it was ok, but Moore and gun control advocates deemphasize that the shooters are warped in the head. That Korean guy was acting so crazy that everyone knew about it, but authorities couldn't do anything about it cause he didn't do anything illegal.

His new movie is about health care. I hear he takes sick people to Cuba to get treatment, because communism works i guess. :lol:

Iraq has been a mess, but at the start of the war I think there were few options. You had a radical muslim terrorist attack on our soil, a madman that had used chemical weapons on his own people who also funded suicide bombers in palestine, who wouldn't let UN inspectors into certain facilities. I can't say that doing nothing about that situation would be a good idea. One good thing is that we haven't been attacked again. You can't measure something that hasn't happened, which goes against the president in public opinion. So if you want to say Bush has been incompetent in running the war, I won't really disagree with you, but four years ago the information that a majority of people believed was different.
Last edited by Fooman on 18-04-2007 15:52, edited 1 time in total.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Wow fooman...what you say sounds really US-Media-Brainwashed for big parts.
Fooman

Post by Fooman »

Whoa, I thought what I said was rather middle of the road.

Seems to be 2 media views over here now. We got conservative radio and Fox News on one side. MSNBC, NPR, most newspapers, Daily Show/Colbert on the other side. I watch and listen to both sides.

I don't read many foreign news sources, but I can imagine they don't support many American conservative ideas. ;)

sry for the hijack
priior

Post by priior »

i thought daily show/colbert was comedy :)

both sides are brainwashing tbh.
The_One

Post by The_One »

priior wrote: i thought daily show/colbert was comedy :)
Is that your attempt to disparage the views expressed on them? As for whether they're actually funny... xD
beefsack

Post by beefsack »

michael moore very objectively and precisely targets bleeding wounds and twists peoples arms/pushes them into corners to make fools of themselves to make his "documentaries". cant stand the man. take all of his stuff with the biggest grain of salt you can find
The_One

Post by The_One »

I searched Google Images for "world's largest grain of salt" and came up empty-handed. I'm kinda disappointed. :(
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

That's what I meant Fooman....too much fox propaganda in that. You should filter them totally! :P
priior

Post by priior »

The_One: stewart always says we're a SATIRE SHOW!! not the news!!!!

i was giving them my hommage!
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

Fooman wrote:

Iraq has been a mess, but at the start of the war I think there were few options. You had a radical muslim terrorist attack on our soil, a madman that had used chemical weapons on his own people who also funded suicide bombers in palestine, who wouldn't let UN inspectors into certain facilities. I can't say that doing nothing about that situation would be a good idea. One good thing is that we haven't been attacked again. You can't measure something that hasn't happened, which goes against the president in public opinion. So if you want to say Bush has been incompetent in running the war, I won't really disagree with you, but four years ago the information that a majority of people believed was different.

First yes we had an attack. No Saddam wasn't involved. To my knowledge pretty much everyone agrees on this now (I believe the bush admin knew this all along). Second we knew about and supported the use of chemical weapons by Saddam so it isn't really so much of an argument.

So what you have is that Saddam had links to terrorism in that region and that he wouldn't let UN inspectors in. We have links to terrorism all through out the cold war (we funded Osama for a while remember?) and we sure as hell have WMDs (probably for the same reason Saddam wanted them: the power and protection that comes from having nucs. Just look at North Korea if you want proof of what nuclear weapons bring.)

So yes we had a choice and yes we made the wrong one.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Finally something that's not republican brain washed ;)

Just something bugs me about all this....I want to know the truth about 9/11.
Obviously the towers didn't collapse because of the planes. Obviously there was no plane in the pentagon....plus countless republican initiatives to hide all this and more. An official story that's full of holes and things that just can't be true.

Just the fact they are hiding something means a lot.
Fooman

Post by Fooman »

:D

<3 berk

AIM me sometime so we can catch up o/