yo :(

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Scotteh

Post by Scotteh »

yes na db may have a smaller chan than the euros do but almost all of the people in the chan play on a regular basis either in pubs, mixers, or scrims.
Koning_Floris

Post by Koning_Floris »

Well, i've been following this community and deathball for quite some time now. I would have joined this community if it was not for all those rotten apples among the good ones. Now I'm just the innocent bystander ;)

I think things really went downhill after the "ops in pickup" debacle. That would surely brought down the teams determination of making this great mod.

Now just shut down those pickup channels and all join the publics so we can relive the glory days :D

My 1 cent.
Messy

Post by Messy »

Stop nullifying the worth of pickups because of the supposedly important 'community building' function publics have.

Indeed, they have such a function and it's quite fun to play on them too, but a whole other ballgame (not really, just a whole other league to stay in the same kind of termology) compared to pickups, but the importance nor the quality of public games don't take away the sheer fun and worth (in terms of training and the joy of having a serious, more skilled game) of pickups.

Both ways of playing Deathball are highly enjoyable, publics are always a lot of fun and provide a quick game for an indefinite amount of time, and pickups are fun because of the higher skill level, the better organisation in a team, and possibly because it gives a higher motivation to players because everybody is supposed to stay and teams are both complete and static throughout the game.

Publics may be annoying sometimes and lower skilled, but they shouldn't become obsolete after gaining 'pickup-quality' skill, but equally wrong would be to believe publics are holy and should always be preferred for community-building reasons.

All I'm saying is, pickups are just as important for the community as publics are.
Jelly

Post by Jelly »

Where shud i hang out if deathball dies? :'(
Messy

Post by Messy »

Denmark..where else?
Jelly

Post by Jelly »

>_>
gg messy
beefsack

Post by beefsack »

so yeah, david said someone is playing around with models? any news? i still love good ol deathball T_T
StRaFe

Post by StRaFe »

To some degree money is an issue. However money has no affect on bringing new players in/making current players want to play... It only motivates TV to do something ;).

If money was giving to TV for further work on this mod i feel it would have little affect...wtf is money after all

Edit: Sorry for those who play public and fear coming onto the dbpickup channel i think need to fucking realise that shit like you mention is unavoidable in any game/mod... New players are welcome..there is never a bad word said about any of them..and if it is its normally from people who themself play fucking public constantly.

Koning: I have seen you play...You were like me a year ago...and now look...(still wank \o/)
Last edited by StRaFe on 30-03-2005 22:00, edited 1 time in total.
InSaNe`

Post by InSaNe` »

Well this is strange.. Oh wait it's not. You know something's wrong when you see 4-5 Euros in an NA pu.

Euro community has died.. NA community is going strong and it would be stronger if there were a new version.