Karma Ball question (Push)

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

gg priior doesn't know what he is talking about :-p dribbling was actually nothing like what push is or even the dribbling that was aviable with in some beta. If you shot the ball down towards the ground and caught it you were holding the ball so those times that you didn't have the ball you were at normal speed, by looking in front of you and down some while repeatingly shooting the ball you could maintain could move considerably faster though i don't believe it was full speed. The other aspect of it was becuase of the speed boost you got it was possible to beat a defender with this it is kinda of hard to explain and i don't really remember how but it was do able and couple people got really good at it, though i think today they would get owned if they tried becuase the overall level of skill has increased. It was a lot of fun but yeah it could be ego. I remember using it a lot at the spawn on legofan when my team was horrible i would actually score sometimes it was tons of fun.

i don't like the idea of a keeper not being able to stop a shot if they are dead on either if they are in the right place they should be able to. so i agree with that.
nameless

Post by nameless »

oops i missed the point where it was mentioned that dribblers would slow down, soz.

The ball being small for a short period of time is ok i think. If you shoot from a close range, u got a much better chance to score, that s how it should be.

Guess i missed something again, where did anyone say that shots are unstoppable? don t want to read the pages again ;)

I ll keep my opinion, that volleys are too easy for their power.
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

why not just make it, if your holding alt-fire you move at the speed as if you had the ball (assuming your feet are on the ground) thus also preventing ppl who like to hold alt-fire the entire game (i used to on pubs teehee@bounce)
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

now that seems like a great idea

:p
Messy

Post by Messy »

theberkin8or wrote: think about the same thing in soccer...

...see what i mean?

I definitely agree with berk there :)
priior wrote: hope is a powerful thing.

Yup. Look where it got Christianity! (and it's God)
priior wrote: ego whore would get the ball.. and dribble (push) it all the way to the other side and then ego shoot it... without passing tothe noobs.. is this is a possible scenario?

It used to be with the old dribble (Fizzy dribbled past the entire cY 13 team I believe? That includes nameless afaik (he was their keep back then I think))
But you will slow down now as I understand it :) if you push the ball for too long.
Inphidel wrote: why not just make it, if your holding alt-fire you move at the speed as if you had the ball (assuming your feet are on the ground) thus also preventing ppl who like to hold alt-fire the entire game (i used to on pubs teehee@bounce)

Horrible idea ;) would totally fuck up quick passing and bouncing back :)
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

messy is right that wouldn't not work. Plus holding down rmb is being fixed by curve volley

I like my idea better :) but nobody has commited on it :(
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

I had already said it most definately is not latency, unless of course a ping below 50 is still laggy. When playing in mixers I expect to find the ball flying through me, so I dont keep in mixers. But to be told the ball is going to go through me when my ping is better than decent is just nonsense
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

Originally posted by Messy
Horrible idea ;) would totally fuck up quick passing and bouncing back :)

it would make it take more skill ;P - oh wait, isnt this what they said abuot cross volley /w new pass lock :D
Messy

Post by Messy »

Latency is totally irrelevant to lag o_O

You're supposed to have it, even in singleplayer.

For some time (0.6s?) the ball will have a very small pickup radius.
I guess it's so small it's hard to imagine actually how hard it is to pick up, because we never really experience it, and we're so used to the huge one ;)

I guess you could say it's as small as the ball without the rings?
Although you will have no idea how small that actually is when talking about saving goals, keeping placement and reflexes in mind.
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

I have broken reflexes at the moment, need to rediscover them
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

"For some time (0.6s?) the ball will have a very small pickup radius."

0.45 for enemy keeper
0.50 for enemy field players

"I guess you could say it's as small as the ball without the rings?"

Exactly!
I tried it without latency. It's IMPOSSIBLE to score above or below the keeper. He covers 3/5 of the whole goal just by being there.

If there is every a Deathball 2 I'll try to avoid these limitations and apply other changes. Like much bigger goals (I mean current ones are a bit bigger than handball size tbh), need real football goal size...

You can be sure, there is no going through, it IS the ping. -_-
nameless

Post by nameless »

not only. I think what he means is this situation:

U r standing in the goal, oponent shots and the ball flies STRAIGHT to you, like being hit by the ball right in the face. But it still gets in.

I guess it s cos of the smaller radius, so the ball looks like hitting you, but it is over your head. You can see the complete ball, tho just the small radius is given, cos of that you think you should have caught it.

Remeber how often i asked "where is my head" ?

perhaps give the ball just 1 size, between the two wich are there now, and remove the small ball latency?

[offtopic] what happened to pass-shake? :D[ontopic]
fb.shev
Banned

Post by fb.shev »

I tried it without latency. It's IMPOSSIBLE to score above or below the keeper. He covers 3/5 of the whole goal just by being there.

thats a damn shame keepers online dont get that privalege.

loads of times ive stood in a corner and the attacker uses rmb and shoots above me and its a goal. Loads of times ive volley'd a shot and it hit the bar above the keeper and went in.. NOTHING is impossible
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

DavidM wrote: "For some time (0.6s?) the ball will have a very small pickup radius."

0.45 for enemy keeper
0.50 for enemy field players

"I guess you could say it's as small as the ball without the rings?"

Exactly!

If there is every a Deathball 2 I'll try to avoid these limitations and apply other changes. Like much bigger goals (I mean current ones are a bit bigger than handball size tbh), need real football goal size...

You can be sure, there is no going through, it IS the ping. -_-

sounds alot like hockey... you need to be able to aim your shots to score. then again in hockey good shooters can get up to 100mph on a shot :P why not mess aroudn with a faster shooting speed and such? just for kicks :)