Level 16

Hints and questions about specific levels. Be careful not to post spoilers!

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

Dars

Re: Level 16

Post by Dars »

irwwovi wrote:This is really frustrating. This riddle doesn't provide enough information.
The most obvious thing didn't work, and whatever I try all I am left with is a string of random letters that doesn't make sense even if I invert it.
I don't even know if I should get both the username and password from that table or are the ways for those different.
Remember that hints (in the actual level) often overlap and tell you the same thing. It can be easy to disregard information if you think you know it already.

If you're stuck, write down all the information the level gives you, then look at it and try to find a simple explanation.
Jahrk
Certified Finisher

Post by Jahrk »

Is there any maths involved or are the numbers a code? I think I have the username but I'm stuck on the password
amh

Post by amh »

No math, you need to use all the clues you are given.
Jahrk
Certified Finisher

Post by Jahrk »

Do I have to go back to the other levels for hints? Or is all the information given on the level 16 site? Do I have to think of the #numbers and regular numbers as one or separate?
Last edited by Jahrk on 15-11-2016 08:58, edited 1 time in total.
amh

Post by amh »

Please don't include level details in posts, they can spoil the game for others. I'll send you a PM. Also, go to the IRC channel. You can get official hints there by typing !hint 16
Mutant

Post by Mutant »

My best advice on this level would be to make sure your information is correct. I spent two days and a night thinking about new possibilities while I solved it, but did not pay enough attention to counting correctly and thus getting nowhere.
EliasQueen

Post by EliasQueen »

I was trying to decipher this level, but I accidentaly got a spoiler from a youtuber that I follow on Twitter :(
But I didn't enter the code until I discovered how he found that answer, am I a cheater? 0_0
amh

Post by amh »

EliasQueen wrote:I was trying to decipher this level, but I accidentaly got a spoiler from a youtuber that I follow on Twitter :(
But I didn't enter the code until I discovered how he found that answer, am I a cheater? 0_0

Nahh, all good :)
luishadmag

Post by luishadmag »

I have tried inverting as the URL tells me to, and I thought I knew what the numbers meant but my result was meaningless words (even inverted).

I am pretty sure I know what the # means. What I don't know is what the numbers mean. I guess I'll just try counting everything again and see if it works this time.
I have a suspicion on what the numbers mean, but I have no idea what a number without the hashtag could mean.

Could I PM someone with my ideas?
amh

Post by amh »

You can PM me
Irgo

Post by Irgo »

I feel like I have found all the clues, but just can't figure out the numbers...Driving me craaaaaaazy! Is there any way there is one more hint about the numbers and what they relate to without giving anything away?
amh

Post by amh »

Not really, you may PM me.
Squeedle
Certified Finisher

Post by Squeedle »

I feel like this is the level that really makes or breaks notpron players...survive this first big test and you're probably in it for the long haul :D
Katchu

Post by Katchu »

you're inverting more things besides the url??
guys i really don't even know what i'm doing anymore, i have no idea of the meaning of the numbers or the #, almost two pages of my notebook are full of notes and doodles kasjhgfdsgfsdj
please, i need a light

(sorry if i messed up the english)
Asriel
Certified Finisher

Post by Asriel »

Katchu wrote:you're inverting more things besides the url??
guys i really don't even know what i'm doing anymore, i have no idea of the meaning of the numbers or the #, almost two pages of my notebook are full of notes and doodles kasjhgfdsgfsdj
please, i need a light

(sorry if i messed up the english)
you can PM me and i'll try to guide you ;)