quick look at new smallcube

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

DavidM

Post by DavidM »

all you regularly play 3on3 know old smallcube was extremely spammy, compared to the new one
Messy

Post by Messy »

BurntLeaf wrote: yes because roof causes spam....

wait a minute, no it doesn't

Hell yes O_o it does!

5on5 VO smallcube (bane of my existence): 10 members of the vo-jugend just clicking their mouse violently everytime a ball gets in their sight! It's horrbile =\ this might change it ¬_¬

The old(OldOldYetNewSmallcube, and not OldOldOldSmallcube nor FormerlyNewbutReplacedbyOldAgainSmallcube) is/was just keeping people from developing skill after they start =/
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

Messy wrote: Hell yes O_o it does!

Kidiots - The roof or no roof in small cube has absoletly nothing to do with getting rid of so called spam. The way people play determine that.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

no, ppl spam up, ball keeps bouncing up and down (with roof)
without....not
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

Put these two together.
"no, ppl spam up, ball keeps bouncing up and down (with roof)
without....not"
"just had my best 3on3 match ever, new gameplay is good. much much less spamage BECAUSE of missing roof, and we had no serious reset problems, hardly happened at all"

What changed - The top of the map is a reset instead of a playable surface. If that was the only change then the so called spam would be totaly and completely be replaced with ball resets.

You stated this was not the case. So what really changed. The way peopled played.
Diab

Post by Diab »

how about removal of those wooden planks and a square detection on the roof above for bounce? its a high roof and you cant really spam from that.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

if people would play before moaning at me :)
Weisso

Post by Weisso »

here's an idea for people who are complaining about new smallcube....if you are really that attached to the old one, then OMG just copy and save and distribute lol

personally i like the new SC

-Weiss
Sixty

Post by Sixty »

Twigstir wrote: Put these two together.
"no, ppl spam up, ball keeps bouncing up and down (with roof)
without....not"
"just had my best 3on3 match ever, new gameplay is good. much much less spamage BECAUSE of missing roof, and we had no serious reset problems, hardly happened at all"

What changed - The top of the map is a reset instead of a playable surface. If that was the only change then the so called spam would be totaly and completely be replaced with ball resets.

You stated this was not the case. So what really changed. The way peopled played.

And why did the people play different....because there is no roof and they wouldn't want to reset it the whole goddammed time.
Last edited by Sixty on 27-04-2004 15:47, edited 1 time in total.
Achilles

Post by Achilles »

just had my best 3on3 match ever, new gameplay is good. much much less spamage BECAUSE of missing roof, and we had no serious reset problems, hardly happened at all

I was in his team!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111oneoneone
am i leet now?:D
anyway every1 who plays the map likes it well except khush so you'd better change it Dave
EDIT: removal of most of the fucked up sentences
Towneh

Post by Towneh »

Yeah the game of the new smallcube we just had was great, was fun fast and intense, looks good too :P
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

i mean it was good because we were 3 down shot before the end and still won :P
we didnt play too good. just how we won and and how the map plays excited me ;)
Achilles

Post by Achilles »

details...
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

Sixty wrote: And why did the people play different....because there is no roof and they wouldn't want to reset it the while goddammed time.

exactly.

Spam on small cube is all people. A roof can and is used as a playable surface without the so called spam. It all depends on the people playing and their skills.
[V3]Cajubski
Banned

Post by [V3]Cajubski »

i dont mind the rest of the map..id just like a roof, maybe a slightly higher 1 than in the old smallcube to avoid 'spammage' as u say. yes david the 3v3 games were good, but when u have 5v5 games on smallcube, the roof is essential.