1.7 beta

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

MeSSiaH{FCU}

Post by MeSSiaH{FCU} »

Just a minor prob i didnt think was important enough to start a thread about, so just post it here :P :

The "catch the ball!" thingy stays if u volley a ball :o It's annoying and disturbing ;p.
Like when a pass to you gets intercepted, but volleying it away is (mostly) planned so it shudnt be there, it kind of annoys me ^^;

I dont remember if it was like this in 1.6 but if ur taking away minor stuff like the crouch (coz the animation isnt right) i figured i could whine about this ^^;

Beta getting more and more perfect tho :) jippii

[edit]just found out it's like that even if u catch it ^^; make it go away as soon as u hold it plz :'([/edit]
Last edited by MeSSiaH{FCU} on 24-06-2003 15:42, edited 1 time in total.
Onge

Post by Onge »

Two things:

1) BRING BACK CROUCH!

2) Fix the untargeted pass slowdown - I don't like having to run in jerko-o-vision when I use pass to set up a wall volley. Why isn't it smooth like when you use the primary fire?
Armagon

Post by Armagon »

Primary fire is fine for setting up wall volleys. I do it all the time.
L33FY

Post by L33FY »

I do it more than RMB... RMB Volleys are suck ;\
Onge

Post by Onge »

That's not what I meant...Just use RMB to pass to no one and keep running...It'll be very jerky and its as if you're walking over uneven rocks or something. This is because of the slowdown put in to prevent players from dribbling. I've nothing against this principle, but why is it so jerky? Surely a bug?
1234Bedlam

Post by 1234Bedlam »

Why do you need to crouch anyway?
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

for cripple moves after goals
drifter

Post by drifter »

It took me a few games to be comfortable with knowing I have the ball, but i'ts fine now... The shudder after pass is annoying if I want to "hop" after passing, but not the end of the world.

The "charge up" sound took a few games to get used to as well… if you don't use headphones willei, get some, they'll help.:)

I used to use crouch to move slower in the net, but have soon got used to not using it! o//

multijump //o
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

crouch is for taunting duh!
Armagon

Post by Armagon »

Yeah, I love crawling along the ground while doing the pelvic thrust. It's really funny to watch. :p
moonhead

Post by moonhead »

I know there has been talk about the keeper zones, and I haven't made up my mind about the keeper being keeper again as soon as he steps into pbox thing (although Im leaning towards it being a good thing), but I would like the keeper zone still to be marked out in the map.

I like the lines coming out from the posts as they indicate where the edges of the goal are, but I also find the line joining them useful. This appears to have been removed in Cube (and lowcube too ?). So whilst the keeper zone may not be a 'zone' it is useful to keepers so they know where they are in relation to the goal. Please add *all* the white lines for the keeper zone.

[EDIT]
Oh - the new lowcube doesnt have ANY white lines for keeper zone. Please ensure it has the keeper zone marked out in the final release.
Last edited by moonhead on 24-06-2003 23:20, edited 1 time in total.
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

yeah i find that line useful too, helps me judge where i need to be to dodge forwad the right amount to intercept an attcker.
Onge

Post by Onge »

I agree with moonhead...

1 other thing, I was playing on Cube and was trying to watch myself on the big screen. But I wasn't there. I only appeared after scoring. Odd.
Maegrim

Post by Maegrim »

Sycophant wrote: 1 other thing, I was playing on Cube and was trying to watch myself on the big screen. But I wasn't there. I only appeared after scoring. Odd.
the engine only renders you when you're in 3rd person view
others see you on screen all the time (if they look ;)), because the engine renders you from their point of view

edit: so you can see yerself if you switch to 3rd person

edit2: 300th post ;p
Nordy

Post by Nordy »

So far after extensive 1.7 betatesting, all i have to say is I love it...I would just like one minor thing changed, crouch. When i am keeping i need something to occupy my time, which is usually to walk around the pbox constantly tapping crouch :)

But other than that, I love 1.7 \o/