What are notpr0ners like?

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

Mighty Midget

Post by Mighty Midget »

How would you describe your personality?
Hmm. Immensly curious (yes I do spot the 2nd), a stubborn quitter (or was that the other way around?), ridiculously shy and a nagging pain. How's that for starters?

What interests have you got (beside notpr0n of course)?
Music. (Almost) any sorts. Can't stand computerized disco though. Silly puns and confusing people for a lark.

What do you like to do on vacation and
leisure time?
To get off my seat and do something, before tucking myself back in the chair. Computer games (too much I'm afraid). Used to play music, but it got to me so I quit. Reading facts/semi-facts/factoids and bare faced c***. To learn and to forget. Oh, And I really like being outdoors (really, I do)

Do you like to watch sports?
Not as such, no... A bit of NHL when there's a telly around, which there isn't, so...

Do you like Video or Computer games? What kind of games?
I really had fun with TIE fighter coz I'm a silly sod when it comes to SW (early). I'll go for space sims like Frontier, X (the lot), TIE, XWA and RPGs and adventures. And Steel Panthers IS sweet. And Monkey Island, YEAH!!! How can such a jerk be my hero? Oh, wait... don't say it.

Do you like to read? What kind of books?
See above. Well, let's see: Lonely Hearts of the Cosmos, used to read JRRT but got tired of it. And (hello Rincewind) I've read some of them Discworld books. Also: Dictionaries, thesauruses, encyclopedias.

What kind of movies do you like?
Killer Bs YEAH! Ever seen Robotmonster or Terror at Trollenburg? Heck, even Trauma made a couple of good ones. Hammer/American International (Cushing, Price...).

What kind of music?
What do I detest would've been easier. But I like punk, gypsy string swing, Phil Spectorish 60's, OI!, ska, some classical stuff, rock'n'roll as in Motorhead and AC/DC (Bon Scott), Tom Lehrer (great!), LARD , Robert Johnson (that old geezer, not the other one) and the list goes on and on and on...

et cetera...
No, I think that is quite enough, but thanks for asking.

BTW: The meaning of life? To figure out how t get yourself to the next level in life. Whateer that is...
Last edited by Mighty Midget on 19-04-2006 18:15, edited 1 time in total.
Shenmue
Certified Finisher

Post by Shenmue »

I'm actually reading a discworld book now. I think it is called Night watch.
Mighty Midget

Post by Mighty Midget »

It's been awhile, but they sure beat LotR and that pile. Sacrilege, I know :D
kewangji

Post by kewangji »

Night watch is fun <spoiler(the end of the book) removed in advance>
oops. offtopic...lemme see...

I like the discworld books... thats better. Spam?
Prongsie

Post by Prongsie »

Mmm.. That is a very interesting 'theory', I guess you could call it.

What kind of people are you notpr0ner out there?
Um, I'm a highschool student from MN..Not really much else to say.

Well, I am pretty calm most of the time. When I get mad, I don't really blow up or anything-and my friends always ask why I'm never mad. I never get really 'hyper'... My friends always say I'm too nice. I can be extremely stubborn, but also extrememly determined.

I like science alot. Chemistry, astronomy, and earth science are my favorites. I am interested in horses- I love riding them. Music is a big part of my life. I love challenges...

What do you like to do on vacation and leisure time?
I like talking to people, hanging with people, going to movies, swimming, going shopping, going on the computer, roleplaying, etc.

I like to watch baseball and sometimes hockey, nothing else though.

Do you like Video or Computer games?
Yes, quite a bit.

What kind of games?
I really only like a few games. On PS2 I love the final fantasy games, Jak3 and ddr. Then for computer, I love guildwars, The sims, warcraft, and etc.

I do liek to read, yes. I enjoy fantasy books the most, like Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and The Enchanted forest Chronicles. I also like Mysterys, like Sherlock Holmes, and I love realistic fiction, Teen fiction, and adventure books.

I like comedy movies, adventure movies, thrillers/horror movies, and fantasy movies. Some of my favorites are The Butterfly Effect, The Last Samurai, The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Starwars, oceans 11, Pirates of the Carribean, Darkness Falls, Fog, etc.

What kind of music?
Rock, mainly. I love many modern bands like Nickelback, Staind, Seether, The Offspring, Alterbridge, and All-American rejects. I also love some older rock, like Nirvana, Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, and the Beatles. I am also addicted to some techno and foreign music. I love Miyavi, and lots of french music, like Mc Solaar. (As you can tell, I LOVE music. )

Well, hope that helps you, again, I tinhk it is a very interesting idea. I think I agree, since my friend and I are really getting addicted to notpron, and we've told many of our other friends to try it. Some try it, but get fusterated, and quit, while a couple are trying to get through it, and a couple don't want to try it, since they don't see the point of it, or don't see 'what's so great about it'. I guess it would mkae sense that peoepl who enjoy it have some common qualities and intrests.
Masha

Post by Masha »

w00t.

I get myself into shit easily. :rolleyes:

Padlocks, earthworms, unscrewing stuff (which has NOTHING to do with screwing stuff) and yelling "whoo" at people pissing in the streets. Also I love language, which you probably can't tell when you read what I'm saying but oh, you can hear it. u_u

I draw. And. I listen to music. And hang out. And read. Right now I'm basically trying to get myself a social life, I mean, a life outside of school and later than 10pm. I bore myself out of my skull.

Well the soccer world cup's a nice alternative to background music when behind the computer. :P

Haven't got the moooves. :P

Not neccessarily anything specific. books I like are Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell, The Chosen by Chaim Potok, the Life and Loves of a She-Devil by Fay Weldon, and I REALLY need to read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime. :o

Pink Floyd: The Wall and Requiem for a Dream I adore, but not neccessarily because of the subject, but because I love the music of both music and the animations/editing. and I love stuff like Monty Python, Blackadder, and the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

What kind of music?
Generally rock music but I kind of like anything. Well no, that's not true. I like Marilyn Manson, for instance, and Pink Floyd and Supertramp and David Bowie and and and stuff like that. :P And lame stuff everybody my age listens to like Disturbed and SOAD, that's the kind of stuff I have 1 song of or something. :P

I like typing a load of crap. :)
Last edited by Masha on 30-06-2006 19:48, edited 1 time in total.
Shenmue
Certified Finisher

Post by Shenmue »

I know this thread rather is here to discribe your personality, but I think it is more fun to name my favorite movies here. Maybe it does tell something about my personality, too. First of all, I despise happy movies when everyone in the end become friends, and the most bitter enemies start to love each other. God, I hate that, honestly, a bad ending can ruin a whole movie. Anyway, I'm sure I have already said that previously ... but, on the old days my memory has started to fail me so I can't be 100% certain.

I know that I have already said Donnie Darko, The Godfather 1 and 2, Gladiator, Braveheart, Fight Club etc. But I did forget American History X, and that's a shame cause it is probably the best movie I have ever seen. And Edward Norton is one hell of a good acter.

I also want to mention the best anime-film I have ever seen. Samurai X, or Kenshin as it is called in Japan. God, even though it's name is ugly as hell it is such a beautiful movie. The music, the animations, the story ... everything. It's not rally a movie ... it's art.

I know that I have misunderstood the point of this thread, but I don't care since it isn't used anyway and I like to list up my favorite things. Especially when I have nothing else to do. :D
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

Yes, Kenshin is cool :)
One day I'll see the whole movie as well as the whole series ...
Shenmue
Certified Finisher

Post by Shenmue »

It's a masterpiece.

I have only seen Trust and Betrayal. (Well, I have seen Reflections too, which was some sort of summary of the series, but I didn't like it much). I haven't seen the serie, and since it isn't the same director I don't care much about it either ... it's probably just crap compared to Trust and Betrayal anyway.

To really understand the movie, though, you need to see it a few times, cause it is pretty ... confusing the first time, with a lot of jumping forwards and bakwards in time. :)
Shenmue
Certified Finisher

Post by Shenmue »

And another thing: if one decides to see this movie, do not, and I repeat do not see it with english voices. Honestly, they say totally different things then they do in the original, and the Japanese actors are better than the american. See it in japanese, with english as subtitle.
Neigh

Post by Neigh »

Nice, happy, and wierd :p

:) Horseriding, dancing, games, fun stuff..

Well, I won't get up at 6 AM at least... Zzzz :)

Horseriding competitions
And sometimes I feel like watching well trained, sweaty guys running around behind a little ball :p

I'm a computer freak ;)

What kind of games?
I play True Combat: Elite, and I'm admin in a clan there.

Books I eat for breakfast ;) nah.. but I like reading. I like Stepen King books.. they're a bit evil, like me ;) :P

A good movie is one where you're either holding your breath, or laughing out loud.

What kind of music?
Rammstein rox :D
But I listen to a lot of other stuff too..

Linux pwns!! :)
xpenguine

Post by xpenguine »

Something about me ;)

Very stubborn, always tries everything to get what she wants; if you know what makes her lose her temper, it's very easy to drive her mad.
But I'm not so bad, If I'm calm, glad and no one really annoys me, I'm very nice (I believe so ;))
Foreign languages, especially English and German, table tennis, volleyball, chess, skiing
Go somewhere I haven't been yet or just lie in the bed and do nothing :D
Yes, a bit of football, volleyball, ski jumping, F1 racing, of course provided that Polish teams take part in it :D
Not really, I played Mafia once, but I got bored quickly. I prefer riddles like notpr0n :)
What kind of games?
The ones that make me think :D
Yeah, but I don't have my favourite kind of books, they just must be interesting and that's all. Last book I read was "Perfume: The Story of a Murderer" by Patrick Suskind, I really enjoyed it. It was originally written in German and I'm gonna read it in this language ;) (I've read it only in Polish)
Horrors, comedies, science fiction.
What kind of music?
Mainly rock, but I don't mind other music, it just gotta have that certain something, maybe lyrics, maybe catchy tunes, don't know ;)
My favourite bands are:
Queen, Guns 'n' Roses, My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, Lostprophets, Panic! At The Disco, Coldplay, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and many others.
ulf_h

Post by ulf_h »

Welcome Neigh and xpenguine !
Lashout

Post by Lashout »

What kind of people are you notpr0ner out there?
I'm currently a shop promotions assistant and would-be DJ from East London/Essex, UK.

Having many sides.

Music, keeping fit, web writing.

As above, when I'm not chilling out, and going to as many gigs and club nights as possible, and meeting new people.

Not really, although I'm still a bit partial to athletics.

What kind of games?
I don't play them much these days. I'm into the old-school platform games, think Mario, Sonic, Kirby, Dizzy (don't laugh) :rolleyes:

I don't have much time to read books these days, although I am trying to finish Dale Carnegie's 'How to win friends & influence people'...

Comedies, satire.

What kind of music?
Rock, metal, indie mainly, although I like a bit of soul and hip-hop in the mix as well.
ulf_h

Post by ulf_h »

Hello Lashout !
:)