1.7 beta

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

MeSSiaH{FCU}

Post by MeSSiaH{FCU} »

The solution: know what ur doing :p
Maegrim

Post by Maegrim »

cant you just let the charging bar appear when you get the ball?
nameless

Post by nameless »

After playing a lot of games now on 1.7beta i ll write down my suggestions:

general balance:
-chargeup sound a bit too quite, especially on "noisy" cube
-the "klick" when u r catching a ball should just be heared by the catcher
-the "n00bcannon" delay is too long for a descent fast pass, destroying fastbreaks
pass-shot 85% instead of 90%

personal wishes:
-missing keeperzonelines on lowcube, plz add like on cube
-gimme my walldodgeback! ;)
-F3: there s a best keeper award, so why no "best defender/attacker" ?

bugs:
-dropping the ball (e.g. 4 n00bcannon) causes a lag of frames, very disappointing and destroying a pass/shot, 2-4 secs unable to play
-speakingbubbles everywhere (on ball, 2 over 1 player, on the ground, etc)
-sometimes dropping the ball right after catching it !?
-F1 showing weird times !?
-saw a keeper jumping in midair for a long time, more than 4 jumps, with a speechbubble over his head !?
-F3 bugs (known, no blue text, text not fitting into the boxes)
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

-the "klick" when u r catching a ball should just be heared by the catcher

totally not, if it's gone you miss it and it might even look like a bug

-the "n00bcannon" delay is too long for a descent fast pass, destroying fastbreaks
pass-shot 85% instead of 90%

charge up my friend, the noob cannon delay was added so it DOES take longer than a charge up!

-F3: there s a best keeper award, so why no "best defender/attacker" ?

gimme a good algorithm for that...really not possible
instead we use best assist, best scorer, best interceptor, best tackler
by these you can guess who was the best def and off, but it doesn't say it
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

as for the charge sound, just make it so the keeper can hear it normally and the defenders have to be close to hear it, solves all your problems and makes defending more of a skill and less of a gift from davidm to defenders
Diab

Post by Diab »

"-dropping the ball (e.g. 4 n00bcannon) causes a lag of frames, very disappointing and destroying a pass/shot, 2-4 secs unable to play"

Beucause of how you slow down after underpowerd shots and such, you jutter. same with no lock pass you feel like you got lag but its the way you are slowed down.

was smooth in 1.6, what did you do david o_O
Onge

Post by Onge »

Yes something has gone wrong with untargeted pass slowdown...I found the most recent beta very sluggish, particularly in 3rd person celebration...Jumping is no longer smooth at all. Whatever changes were made to the code over the weekend have had a poor effect of the game's smoothness.

And why did you get rid of crouch? OK, it serves no real purpose but was it really worth coding out of DB altogether?

Remove the speech bubbles - it'll save you having to iron out the bugs it has...Speech indicators were fine in 1.6.

And despite your arguements DavidM, something still needs to be done to make it more obvious when you've got the ball. Every 1.7 game I've played I heard someone say it's not clear enough when they've got the ball.
NaB

Post by NaB »

Diab wrote: "-dropping the ball (e.g. 4 n00bcannon) causes a lag of frames, very disappointing and destroying a pass/shot, 2-4 secs unable to play"

Beucause of how you slow down after underpowerd shots and such, you jutter. same with no lock pass you feel like you got lag but its the way you are slowed down.

was smooth in 1.6, what did you do david o_O

yea. its very annoying. like tryna stomp someone in blood pit when your coming down after youve been hit :E
Armagon

Post by Armagon »

Can you stop sprint from cutting out the charging sound? I start sprinting at the goals with the gun charging, then I notice I don't hear the charge-up. A second later the ball just shoots out inaccurately. I use the sound to judge the power since I can't constantly keep my eye on the bar.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

on the list
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

I beg the sounds be changed. or atleast give me a hint how to change them for my own. I really dislike the slash noise when i get the ball. it doenst sound as agressive as the game is, and takes away from the feeling that these are powerful machines we're toying with to launch the ball.

first i think i jumped in a puddle of water, but no that was the ball getting sucked into my gun, then i fight the childish urge that i'm farting out the ball rather then shooting it because it sounds like it, or a car.

i still say shot gun reload sound when you receive the ball :P
Armagon

Post by Armagon »

Weird.
nameless

Post by nameless »

charge up my friend, the noob cannon delay was added so it DOES take longer than a charge up!
4 shots yes, maybe a good idea, but it makes a fastbreakpass impossible :(
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

we do it all the time with powerup shots

it doesnt even take 1 second longer, stop whining
Armagon

Post by Armagon »

*Nods*