2.4 plan

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

canash

Post by canash »

the only thing i hate as keep is the "rmb" + "lmb" volley... where someone hold the rmb down when someone passes, let it deflect in one direction, and then shortly after hit it in another direction... if we could get some delay there, i would be so glade :P
Messy

Post by Messy »

It will be changed when people holding that button will banana the ball.

..then again, every goal will become a crazy banana ball :( oh noes.

The spam :x
Holy_Surfing

Re: 2.4 plan

Post by Holy_Surfing »

DavidM wrote: ...
Well whenever it's done it will be a little revolution to the game, a whole new feeling to that game. We'll also allow new stuff like a volley-banana. It feels really really different and a lot cooler :)

May god help us :)

canash wrote:
the only thing i hate as keep is the "rmb" + "lmb" volley... where someone hold the rmb down when someone passes, let it deflect in one direction, and then shortly after hit it in another direction... if we could get some delay there, i would be so glade :P

amen brother!
EsorcismoNJD

Post by EsorcismoNJD »

Those wanting to test the effects of playing with different radius values and whatnot can do so with the creation of an add-on... you don't need DavidM to test this stuff out
[1234]Jr

Post by [1234]Jr »

but DavidM wouldnt just take our word for it, brickwall syndrome.
Da Spadger

Post by Da Spadger »

Hi, i've just registrered here on these forums after seing this thread. I'd like to ask you to turn down some of the effects of the ball.

As you can see on the first picture, i get sky-high FPS.

http://img115.exs.cx/img115/6459/Shot00063.jpg

But when i get really close to the ball, my computer acts like it devolved into a C64.

http://img120.exs.cx/img120/8638/shot000647dd.jpg

If you dont mind, will'ya make the "mist" on the ball less CPU intensive? :)
EsorcismoNJD

Post by EsorcismoNJD »

Stupid question, but did you try lowering the detail settings to something low... if so, then get a new PC
Da Spadger

Post by Da Spadger »

EsorcismoNJD wrote: Stupid question, but did you try lowering the detail settings to something low... if so, then get a new PC

Well, lowering the details didn't cross my mind. It's only when the ball is exactly in my face when it slows down.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Tell epic. Not our thing there. When you get close to an emitter, it's always dead slow.
But we have an option to dissable the smoke anyway.
Da Spadger

Post by Da Spadger »

DavidM wrote: Tell epic. Not our thing there. When you get close to an emitter, it's always dead slow.
But we have an option to dissable the smoke anyway.

Gah. How stupid of me. Should've turned that off. Thank you. :)
:-)

Post by :-) »

Ever consider making touchdowns worth 2 or 3 points? I'm pretty sure that'll change the game in favor of the keeps, while giving the offense some new options. It's a fix that could potentially add to the game.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

that would be horrible. it was the first decision to make in deathball, over 2 years ago....to make all goals be the same worth. i dont wanna risk too much to gain 2 points, but then I get nothing

anyway, a goal is a goal
canash

Post by canash »

not in NFL ;) there are like 5 goals or something...
Catalyst88

Post by Catalyst88 »

Touchdown and field goals, like in rugby. And conversions after scoring :). But what makes DB and the games it's based on so fun is that they're low scoring (relatively), so it's always possible to cause upsets against perceivedly better teams.
nameless

Post by nameless »

DavidM wrote:
name's list:
- ball behind you and you volley it? nope!
-ball can be little above or below you, same for the keeper and the defenders, otherwise it would often be totally frustrating, because you would miss all.
-yes, then dodge or something, or tell your def not to let him be alone in front of you
-if he's really between, the def will block it....tbh
-defender has a crap timing

-reducing offense volley radius? nope, you'd catch or miss so many, it would be a too close thing

Only probs I realistically see are Keeper latencys need to go (when bigger goals are there), and 1on1 with keeper (same).

The things i pointed out were seen on several replays during the match. And i m not the only one who saw them. Might just be lag - awesome lag.

So you want to take on the keeper probs by making the goals larger, therefor removing the keeper delays. Might be interesting.

BUT!

How will this reduce the volley spam? It will just turn out with more volley spam, as it gets even easier to hit the goal.

How will this fix the keepers disadvantage in their own pbox regarding the lower radius vs attack?

Oh and your point about "-reducing offense volley radius? nope, you'd catch or miss so many, it would be a too close thing", that s NOTHING ELSE but the problem keepers are strugling with! "BAH ball went straight through me!"

As several asked before, plz give us the opportunity to check out different settings there.