2.4 plan

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

nameless

Post by nameless »

DavidM wrote: keepers have the worst ideas...just listen to all.

any idea why every keeper is complaining and trying to find a solution?

:hmmmz:
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

keepers wanna be allmighty, saving volleys from 15 meters away ---> nope

every keeper? nope, minority it is
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

agreed, but thinking about it i think disabling the keepers volley delay would make more sense than keeping the catch radius the same. so keep the radius the same but allow the keepers to volley incoming shots. At least then theres a slightly better chance for the keeper (and a lot less complaining)

-edit- agreed with nameless, not davidm :rolleyes:
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Dude, no, worst thing we could do.
The next 20 league matches would end 0:0. Getting tired of running in circles :)
nameless

Post by nameless »

keepers ARE a minority :lol:

as all keeper-ideas are bad, what s your suggestion on solving the keepertrouble, davidm?
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

smartey man. a minority of the keepers.

keepertrouble? you mean the fact that goals are still being scored when the defense fucks up?
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

no point in arguing, if its not the defense its something else. How many of these excuses do you have stored :p
:-)

Post by :-) »

The main problem is that if the D messes up it's a free goal (in the hands of a good shooter), which really sucks in public games where there is either no D or bad D. I'm happy to have one person boosted back to help most of the times. Just let the keeps pwn and make the shooters get better and if it's that bad keep it like it was and for 2.6 add big goals to every map. (I suggest the goal from either suncast or a bigger twig goal).
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

bigger goals would suck, if the dodge was kept the same
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

DavidM, do you honestly believe that the experienced keeps in DB do NOT know what defense is and how they should operate?

The points that people are trying to make are nothing to do with defense but to do with the Keeper's powers vs the Attackers' powers.

We know that defense is important, but that is not the issue being discussed.

You cannot justify having a weak keeper by saying it was the defense's fault for not being there or doing their job.

All people are asking is for keeper's powers to be equal with the attacker's.

Remember that even with a sweeper, on a quick break attackers tend to outnumber defensive players (keeper + sweep), so its natural to expect a balance of ability between the attacker and keeper.

Given the modern game (of DB) consists of volley whoring, I think the volley radii of the keeper and/or attacker DOES need adjusting, in some manner.

How you do it is not important, but I think it would ease a lot of players minds if you acknowledged that there is a problem and that you are looking at ways of fixing it.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

big goals would remove all latencys for keepers
EsorcismoNJD

Post by EsorcismoNJD »

http://www.newjerseydevils.com/2004/vid ... odeur2.wmv

In Hockey... possible, in DB... not possible

Gotta give a team with a good goaltender some chance even if their defense is a little subpar... I'm with relik all the way on this one
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

I see the problems, but you don't seem to see what your oh so obvious fixes will break, or am I wrong?
The fix I have in mind is a way too big one, and won't be done too early. Would require all maps to be redone, a step I'm not willing to take now, maybe 2.5 or so.
EsorcismoNJD

Post by EsorcismoNJD »

I don't see it breaking anything except numerous midfielders' egos, the idea that a goalie has to be beaten clean with some bit of skill involved on the midfielder's part I think is a fantastic addition to a game in which frankly there's too much scoring... cause isn't that what a good breakaway should be? The skill of the goalie versus the skill of the attacker? Right now, the attacker has a major advantage... too much of an advantage.
Weisso

Post by Weisso »

there are two sides to the argument here though.....even though making the keepers stronger would allow for a more skill involved, and more of a thriller type atmosphere in the leagueish matches, when it turns to public, this may turn off a newer crowd, which won't help the mod. as of now, a skilled keeper will save most things (as seen by the NA keeper stats), so i don't really see the keeper strength as a big issue imo

-Weiss