back to the future?

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Diab

Post by Diab »

i had the goal effect bug, but it went after 2 goals later. only had it like twice.
Armagon

Post by Armagon »

Gameplay-wise, I preferred 1.6. There were not as many limitations in the game as there are now, so it left me with a lot more options when I attacked. This made it more fun for me, and increased the replayability of the game. The mod has fast steered into league-oriented play, but what about the pubs? Those are meant to be fun right? I have personally found myself playing DB less and less with each update, because quite frankly, it's not as entertaining for me anymore.
bURNINGrOID

Post by bURNINGrOID »

All I play is pubs and I continue to have a blast.
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

yeah pubs are the best. its the randomness of not playing like a robot that make it rock my ass. :)

but yeah some of the limitations suck but keep in mind its only cuz the game has been changing for us who have been playingfor along time, alot of noobs just thing this is how it is. doenst mean they'll think it suxs
Bonkers

Post by Bonkers »

What i'd like to point out is that everything is going to be "abused" and "whored" no matter what you do. I mean, you cant pass to boosted players now right? the defence can exploit this by constantly bumping the opposition. sure.. they do this anyway but now they can get careless with it. when the forward gets boosted forward into a good scoring position, he cant get it past to him (while in mid air) and has to wait to drop. this gives the defence plenty of time to kill the guy with the ball since his passing options are cut short (even more so if the defence boosts EVERYONE on offence).

Playing from australia, we never had the problem of people whoreing the "passing to boosted team mates". sure you get the odd pass to a boosted team mate when the time arises but with the coverage from the defence, we generally waited for our team mates to stop so we're sure they would recieve the ball.
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

I agree with ya bonkers.

I find the vision of what they want this game to be, and what the people have found and made it to be really conflicting, due to the problem that its a sport mod, and unlike a real sport, there is no real way to refeere such games. the physics arnt built for it. you can't have boosting and expect people to not want to use it to its full advantage.