METAFrank

Post by METAFrank »

holes not so deep that freaks can camp within em = i like it pretty much
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

Make the holes kill zones.
Sequa

Post by Sequa »

This map is SOO great \o/ :p After months I enjoyed ffa!

e:
METAFrank wrote: holes not so deep that freaks can camp within em = i like it pretty much

thats the funniest... we played "king of the hill" or better "king of the hole" :)
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

no twig, think one step further please.
will be abused...

hole camping is no problem, its your problem if you do it
MeSSiaH{FCU}

Post by MeSSiaH{FCU} »

Your teams problem..being a huge problem in ffa, 1 lamer being enough to ruin a game.

I like the idea, just changing to something new, y shud it have goals like football/soccer? DB needs this kind of change in maps.

Altho i dont think this specific idea will work, since its way different defending/keeping and i think kind of too easy for attack.

Guess there'll also be less variety at scoring n assisting etc. (less creative altho different than the usual i can imagine) dunno this for sure tho..any ppl who have played it more got anything to say about this?
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Actually I had this idea when we started with DB...years ago, I thought the community would be experimenting with the goals....but they only added obstacles etc, goals stayed totally untouched.
Haven't played enough yet to be able to if this is good or not.
RaGe|DB

Post by RaGe|DB »

CAGEFIGHT!!!!! :ban:

[edit] make a sumo mut of it, those who leaves the hole first looses \o/
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

this is the most retarded map i'v ever played.

on offense you simply shoot a guy up into the air so he lands in the pit or try to run a guy in. After that you get him to line up with people with the ball and all they have to do is get close and pass to him at weird angles. That or use the stupid bomb drop move from bakc in the day when you boost a guy up, he grabs the ball and falls into the net or shoots it just over the keepers hammer range.

defense all you do in either pbox camp or all camp ontop of the hole and block shots...

This is quite possibly the most basic gameplay i'v ever seen in DB.

edit 1: it comes down to who can abuse 1 tactic better than the other on this map. This is NOT fun for newbies, this is NOT fun for veternas.

edit2: maybe the euro community never explored the possibilities for different goals but i can think of a few DB maps off hand that were never played because they had different goals. Dessert Ball is a prime example. How often do you see that in server rotations?
Last edited by Surge on 25-08-2003 22:03, edited 1 time in total.
METAFrank

Post by METAFrank »

right, surge. everything sux. db is fucked up.
Diab

Post by Diab »

interesting idea.
fro

Post by fro »

hmm, open to boost laming, but come 1.9 this could be a good map.
XiLLeRaToR
Banned

Post by XiLLeRaToR »

think its terrible tbh=/ stupid idea that hasnt actually been put into concept very well, all in all this map kinda sucks, its not fun, it adds nothing new to gameplay other than more camping and more bombing,
Armagon

Post by Armagon »

I can't download the map, I get this "Forbidden" message.
Instigator

Post by Instigator »

right click>save target as
RaGe|DB

Post by RaGe|DB »

XiLLeRaToR wrote: think its terrible tbh=/ stupid idea that hasnt actually been put into concept very well, all in all this map kinda sucks, its not fun, it adds nothing new to gameplay other than more camping and more bombing,

he is drunk all day :lol: