Right Click, Left Click... ARG!

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

DavidM

Re: Re: Right Click, Left Click... ARG!

Post by DavidM »

UsAaR33 wrote: LATENCY.

Ask me, the pass me/pass me = auto-volley thing was always a bad idea. It has this tendency to screw over players with a ping over 250. Personally, deathball has the (theoretical) ability to be playable with a super high ping (400+). But I doubt that this system will change. (I personally wanted some kind of fire + altfire = volley, alt alone = pass.. but whatever.. it's not going to happen).

no!
DB is unplayable with a ping over 130.
You can't defend shit with more.
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

i actually played most clanwars with a ping around 130 (any times higher) :'(
ISP from HELL
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

lol... i have problems playing on Euro servers due to the fire delay, meaning i have to let go of a shot about .2 seconds earlier than i usually do.

I have a really nice ISP so i ping about 150-170 to euro servers tops, so its at least playable. The only 2 things i have really problems doing are giving good boosts (hitting when the first jump to add the jump acceleration to the boost power) and hitting people.
YoYo789

Post by YoYo789 »

DB is playable (to use the term loosely) with 300 ping. You can play it, have fun. You play maybe 20-30% worse because its a little harder to volley and defend.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

no defender has a chance with 300 ping

ehm, surge I've seen you play X_x
YoYo789

Post by YoYo789 »

damn ur a cocky shit davidm... just cos ppl can't play at your awesome level, you assume they can't play at all. I know for a fact that I have played on a 300ms ping, and I have had fun, and therefore it is playable by me at least.

you might fall apart in tears if your ping goes over 130 but most ppl don't.
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

lol.. i could tear David M a new one on LAN... hes just an arrogant prick.
MeSSiaH{FCU}

Post by MeSSiaH{FCU} »

Surge wrote: lol.. i could tear David M a new one on LAN... hes just an arrogant prick.

Uh, seriously, how would u know that? O_o

U guys have never played with equal pingage :s
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

because i'v seen him play...

Euro DB is a -- LOT -- different from NA DB. In euro you take your time, never take a shot unless its a 100% open one, and never give up the ball unles your killed... very fiew non-pbox intercepts.

In NA we dont care because 90% of the games have scores upwards of 10-10 and its not very hard to comeback form a 2-3 goal deficit.
UsAaR33

Re: Re: Re: Right Click, Left Click... ARG!

Post by UsAaR33 »

DavidM wrote: no!
DB is unplayable with a ping over 130.
You can't defend shit with more.

I cannot recall anytime in recent history that I had a sub-130 ping on a db server. When I'm playing any game online, I expect pings of about 150ish (~200 is my upper limit).

If DB had ball and player extrapolation algorithms (i.e. moving them forward by velocity*ping), DB would be quite playable on much higher pings. (that's not to say a player with a ping of 300 would not be at a disadvantage relative to one with a ping of 100, but it would be a much more narrower one). Simply put, tracking the ball, volleying, etc. would be much easier. The only problem is that the game could start looking quite weird (balls passing through players for a few hundred ms, etc.), but I feel that playability is worth little quirks like that.

Perhaps when I'm done w/ replay, I'll hack up some quick code.
f1end

Post by f1end »

I find it more fun sometimes with a silly high ping....

Offence is easy...just shoot earlier...(sometimes your lag makes the goalie mistime easy saves anyway)...but defence is almost impossible...(i find i get a lot of interceptions tho...cos u r not where others see u are...)