1.7 Thread

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Onge

Post by Onge »

The only thing that bothers me about the new thing, is when someone scores (opposite team) it shots a chasecam of them, but its zoomed WAY in on them, all i see is a giant head on my screen (happened on chill)
This happens because you're pressing forwards, probably because you were running that direction...There should be a 1 second delay from when you score to when you can zoom in and out, that way this won't be a problem.
Khushdi

Post by Khushdi »

i want old tribun back, i hate new one :(
Fooman

Crouching

Post by Fooman »

Why was crouching taken out?
RahSun

Post by RahSun »

I sencond this questions. but I think i know the reason...you can't boost as well. And while that helps stop the launchers you've just given defenders a entirely new problem. it's gonna be harder for defense to boost people away...thx. :rolleyes:

I was on a server and 2cool was like "you don't need it" and "it was bugged". so which is it....could you not fix the bug or do we not need it? I think it was the former. Crouching is an important part of the game...please fix it.

Rah
Last edited by RahSun on 30-06-2003 00:10, edited 1 time in total.
RahSun

UT error after 1.7 install

Post by RahSun »

It's odd because I can join some games but not others...If anyone can tell me what this means I'd be greatful.

Rah

UT2003 Build UT2003_Build_[2003-04-07_17.42]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1408 MHz with 383MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 (3082)

Assertion failed: InPos<=Size [File:..\..\Core\Inc\FFileManagerWindows.h] [Line: 60]

History: FArchiveFileReader::Seek <- ULinkerLoad::Seek <- LoadImportMap <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <- VerifyPackages <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- AttemptLoadPending <- TickPending <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop
hiausd

Post by hiausd »

I never used crouching importantly but I just liked it :p
Surge
Banned

Cut the useless crap!

Post by Surge »

Things DB doesnt need that are in 1.7:
- the stupid looking radar blips
- the goal cam crap
- the new charge sound

what DB does need:
- fix the damn gunswitch bug (press fire right when catching the ball = .4 seconds "switch" delay)
- fix hammer bug
- fix no-lock passes making you go slower
- fix lack of crouching
- fix bugged hammers

Next is how you fixed the "dribble" problem which pisses me off most of all... I used to lob passes down field high in the air, no target, because they it was safer than using a locked pass often. I cant do that anymore quickly cause of your crappy slowdown after using a pass shot. Why cant you just put a slowdown so if you pickup your own ball after 2 seconds of firing at less than x% you slow the hell down. Your current "delay the ball carrier" method is more ANNOYING than it is help gameplay. This method would prevent dribbling and not let you do a n00b cannon without stopping ann forward movement. You cant walk or crouch cause 1.7 is retarded so you cant use it to make yourself noob cannon either.

Your versions have gotten progressivly worse and far more complicated than they should without any added advantages to gameplay, only detrements to systems you implemt (the n00b cannon being a direct run-off from dribble protection). You have a tendency to add new crap before fixing old crap that you cause by implemnting new crap and for some reason you dont see this.

Your one of those people that shouldn't be a doctor. I go up to someone like you and say "my arm hurts and i cant bend it past here" and you'd say "mine works just fine"... we dont need someone like you on a develpoment team for a game we all enjoy or enjoyed playing at some point in time. Your game is not done, its no where near done, so stop adding shit that its not ready for or looks like crap to everyone except you (Cube 2.0 for example). You have to learn to take responsibility for crappy versions instead of saying "your playing it worng" because its not your vision.

The final crash bug for 1.7 was fixed how long ago? a few days? compaired to how long we were suppost to test it? Its hard to test a game and give valid feed back when all it did was crash every 15 minutes. Your last minute changes, or un-noticed changes durring the beta, that no one would willingly put on a server cause it would crash it, are retarded. That was no reason to change pass-power other than people using it to shoot which they still would even if you reduced that power because its STILL faster than charging the that power which is about 30%. Its only retarded because of that slowdown you put in to prevent people from dribbling. So you make it so people cna dribble AGAIN and fix it the SAME DAMN WAY! Take the hint, you suck at fixing stuff.
Requiem

Post by Requiem »

oh btw, radar is unseeable (dunno of the wod exist) on ice, just see blue & red spots, but not the lines of the field :|
Diab

Post by Diab »

Lets cap over waht you want ok.

stupid looking radar blips: do you mean the corner or middle ones? since theres nothing wrong with both and they dont cause any change in your gameplay.

Goal cam crap: you mean the cam once someone scores right? i quite like it and apart from not being able to move around the player its not going to hurt to see it from a tv like angle is it. it also gives the game a higher budget feel. something it will need in the epic mod compo. (using a built in ut2k3 spec player cam option is more lame then making your own replay angles and events)

the new charge sound: yet again its not one of unreals sounds but i must say its to quiet. otherwise i love it and its a change of ear then always hearing the game thing (damn tht shieldgun noise)

gunswitch bug: well if you spec and see someone catch the ball they still change...its part of the game engine so that adds a good half a second on shooting time. a good chance to aim your pass also. there is still that odd shoot bug but its hardly as bad as before (for what i see player just drops it on auto and on repicking can shoot, but i seen alot less bugs)

hammer bug: the same rare bug that stops you hitting and hurting people? well im sure if you knew how to code you would love to help them surge..a shame really. if the bug cannot be found in a code it cannot be fixed. remember that.

lock on pass making you go slower: nothing wrong with that, it stops more attempts of pass goals and does make the game a little more team based since if you were to constantly pass foward with no lock and run after the ball...same goes with people ( i seen them ) who passed to the wall and back to thereselves (at an angle) to cathc the ball and mintain speeds. get use to it really.

lack of crouching: whatever they did it caused ducking to be shakey like you were always falling so they disabled it. nothing wrong about that...why do you need it apart form messing about?

passing to yourself, or whatever dribble you want to call it is still possible, just charge your gun over 30% and do the "shoot in the air and run for it" thing. a pass shot was like more power then 30% anyway.. -_- also when do you ever "drop" the ball, to n00b cannon? (not anymore remember)

noob cannon from what i remember was a mistake on davids end where he removed it forgetting what it did, so 1.6 was the only version to let you n00b it, no others. you got a taste of easy quick shots and now you want more. tough fucking luck nothings going to be mega easy.

again in the 2nd , awnserd in the above of what i said.

..i just dont get you surge, cube3 runs alot damn nicer here for me and i use my 850athlon with gf4 since like db1.4 when i came here. its the best running cube so far getting me a nice 30fps on high detail.

david also said that theres meny crash bugs and the last few beta tests he fixed a few of them (saw him sayin in irc) and yet again if you knew how to code you could skip along and help them ion out these bugs IF you knew what they were, where they were and how its being caused. its just not that easy to "remove a bug"

now if you really hate db, go away. i do not give a flying piece of cunt about your rambles of how deathball sucks because you cannot dribble and ninja steal along with your fights with the EU being volley whores and starting flames, half of that is hardly true since i play EU every frigging night and like 9/10 games are fine and cause no such flames or "VO!" shouting. dribble is indeed a whore itself and you love it so mucu you must be a dribble whore who needs no team support (oh wait you hardly get any here do you).

so keep your pig fucking anal shut, play deathball as it comes and learn to adapt like others to play by the set rules, you are one of the only retards here who are trying to change deathball to your own taste and im sure others here are getting fucking sick of you also. If you hate deathball this much to ramble about it i suggest you go and fucking play fifa.

how old are you? i hope you dont become the next george bush.
Requiem

Post by Requiem »

Diab is rampage! :lol:
mannyfresh027

Post by mannyfresh027 »

i think deathball should be a lot simpler gameplay wise

- no special volley stuff (same power/distance/radius no matter what team and what place)
- no different shot powers (same thing)
- no different catch radii
- everyone is always the same speed.

i hate all these annoying rules
Diab

Post by Diab »

i dunno, there are ways it will average out.

if you were to average the amount of good shots that go in to good shots that are volleyd and do go in, its about 50/50. you are likely to miss more with a volley to the bonus of extra power. and more chance to shoot a goal by powering up then to keep missing. its just your choice.

of course if the volleys were the same power they would (nearly most of the time) would travel more distance and give the keeper that extra time to save, so its fairly pointless most of the time.
TEZC_Robban

Post by TEZC_Robban »

indeed
TEZC_Robban

Post by TEZC_Robban »

taunting + crouching = needed :p
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

rah why was it needed? (jw )