Trouble

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

DavidM

Post by DavidM »

I sure agree. I said it myself what we did wrong and what the new guideline is (but actually there was nothing big happening lately....I can't remember when the last warning for coming too late or not joining was commited. It was all going good OP-wise. Just the people aren't doing good.
Titanium

Post by Titanium »

yea, but the mistakes made over the course of time (sounds like everything was shit lol) + the situation with dread made people be like this. like i said, nothing we couldn't work on.
BunnyS

Post by BunnyS »

Titanium wrote: everybody may think what he wants, but that shouldn't affect objectivity.

omg SEXIST !!!!
That's it I'm making a new channel

#femaledb

FUCK YOU ALLLLLLLL

(p.s Tita <3 )
Titanium

Post by Titanium »

i love it - bunts spreading the love all around again \o/
<3
BunnyS

Post by BunnyS »

as always I try ^^
Suprano

Post by Suprano »

well yea i discussed the idea making 2 pickups at the same time possible earlier with the coder of the Mixer bot. But he meant that this would confuse the players ^^

I still like that idea. That way we have all the ppl still in one channel and everyone can play what he likes and no one needs to cancle the pickup of others.

Thats also similar to an other idea i had:
a timebased player amount (optional ofc), like:

You start a 5v5, after 5 min not enough ppl joined, so it turns to a 4v4. again after 3 min and no one joined it turns to 3v3 ..
that could be s.th. like dynamicpickup ^^

oh and could you may insert a help command that tells me how to start a match? i can'T use that great mIRC (=sucks) plugin as i use linux and xchat :D

--Ano
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

I suggest you stop the bot-madness, for the reason I stated earlier.

As for 2 bots...I think it would be easy to get Goldy to make a different color sheme for the 2nd bot, to avoid confusion.

(Now all go think what HE wants \o/)
Suprano

Post by Suprano »

hey, i am a programmer, so i like bots and automatic scripts ^^

--Ano
Catalyst

Post by Catalyst »

DavidM wrote: It was all going good OP-wise. Just the people aren't doing good.

Think about what you just said there :)
Titanium

Post by Titanium »

wow, did i actually wrote 'he'? :-D
aye as long as ppl know what i meant :-P
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Let me rephrase it. It's not what I meant.
The OP-work isn't the problem.
The players with their personal conflicts, pride and polemic are the problem.
DoMmeh``

Post by DoMmeh`` »

hi my friends : D

i refused to myself writing here but nevertheless i do (haha sense ?) like bunny said, it may be a waste of time^^

but, i like davidms 1st ost rly much.
and, i don't see a solution since i think "putting away pride , prejudice etc" for moments starts with the problem of people not being able, or knowing but not wanting to admit they got pride or smthin

i'd like to talk to some1 about all this crap but not ion this forum bcause people wuldnt take me serious, but bunny when u got time pm me <3

btw, suprano talking about the "superbot", impossible imo^^, starts in "ranking" the people. not only in giving what mark to whom , but also in people not always playin there value maybe. w/e

and, i like being the 1st one to boycott #deathball (other reasons whichj no1 cares) since it seems to be the mode atm^^
haha first

and, i love kerm <3
Catalyst

Post by Catalyst »

I think you're all missing the point entirely. The reason why the people are so pissed off in general is because the admins have been seen to abuse their power and therefore people have moved away to a "fairer" channel where people don't, except precisely the same thing is likely to happen. The only solution is if the admins stop considering themselves to be above everyone else and stop abusing the power to eg, end games - either everyone can do that or no-one. And there are a few situations where that is appropriate, but unfortunately stopping a 5v5 pickup to start a 3v3 one is rarely one of them. So stop looking down on it all, which is typified by the "Well, the op work is good it's everyone else that's the problem!" comment and start acting like you're all part of the same community. Splitting into more than one community is not the answer here.

And two channels with separate gametypes work far better than a single one - it just gets confusing. Want to know if a game's on? Join or switch to that channel and take a quick look. If two bots are in the same channel (or two modes on a single bot) then I think it'd likely just be spammy and confusing. And what happens when it comes to picking teams? Are people just not allowed to join the other game? :)
Last edited by Catalyst on 14-02-2007 18:10, edited 1 time in total.
Adversary

Post by Adversary »

I know everyone loves to post their opinions, but... when is someone actually gonna do something sensible...

Don't forget there was more or less 2 communities before all this anyway... aka Pub vs. Pickup... are we trying to kill both of them now ?

and how can you possibly neglect 4v4 ?!??!? = the best tbh :P
cY|riCo

Post by cY|riCo »

who talks about splitting?

90% of the active people are already in the new channel. Even old people came back. Ugly played some pickups already and wants to start playing pickups again.