Drama

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

BunnyS

Post by BunnyS »

I was a million miles away when this all went on last night but at end of the day ... it's happened for whatever reason

it's going to be that way now ... for whatever reason , so everyone can either get on with it or bugger off ;)

:) <3
Fragger

Post by Fragger »

Always found ghost's remarks about Deathball and Davidm kind of rash and precipitated but nonetheless the truth was always in his words.

2.4m was just a massive coup d'état and you don’t actually need words to describe the current situation too, just look at the changes supposedly made for 2.4m. You will see #dbpickup and #deathball in there.

Ghost and Adversary pretty much summed up the whole situation.

Ops in #dbpickup have always been a problem in db's history and the roster always changed for the better or worse. God, even Ballbreaker was opped at some point. Tried to get some active and rational ops back(they exists you may ask?) never got an answer from either Cata and GE. Reason? Couldn’t careless.

The only disaccord I have with ghost's opinion is that cata's never at fault. Its not always davidm davidm davidm. Its also cata cata cata. I’m going to get flamed so much for this statement.. Anyway... Davidm and Catalyst pretty much share the ideals (both big headed) even though they havent noticed. Both are Megalomaniacs.

Everyone knows the fight between them tore the community apart and everyone had to choose a side (I get to be neutral, stfu :D). There was never a perfect op, maybe Q(he sucked too).

I don’t know the whole story about goldy moving with the bots so I won’t comment on it. Always appreciated GE’s work and thanked him each time I had the occasion. We wouldn’t have the opportunity to have played such amazing pickup games without him(the ratings idea was terrible but concocted funny games :D).

Veterans saw this coming but never knew when and if it would actually occur because the idea was just too far-fetched. And I speak for the veterans M.I.A when I say “About time it happened” “now I can die in peace with a poignant end”.
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

-always- in my words, and about time some one else pointed that out.

Yes Cata is at fault for letting it get to such a state but will never be any where near equally as bad as DavidM.
StRaFe

Post by StRaFe »

Last night can i just say, we had two 5vs pickups and they were by far the best for a long long time. Everyone was giving 100% and it was really fun, i am sure all that played can agree with me there yah?

And..Surprised to say muttlee didn't take forever to join which was nice.. :)

Well ghost.. when i first heard about the channel moving etc i thought.. quite simply why? But then after some thought and talk it kind of seemed a nice and sensible idea.

So about the op's?

You probably think that david has chosen his best buddies but in fact thats not the case, hes obviously chosen the people he knows would be active , fair and overall a good op ( I would have like to seen h1 op because i think the world of this guy <3 ).

It feels kinda liked a fresh start and i hope that all ops can stand together and make the channel much better for all, im sure this will be the case. I for one will make sure i do my best to see that happen

ghost : There will be rules written up and players will be made aware of them soon. :)

Well i am sure i could write a hell lot more but don't wanna bore you guys to death :D.

I know its a long shot but i hope to think that people are not happy with this because of personal issues ;)

Sam xx
Catalyst

Post by Catalyst »

I actually have very little problem with the move - despite what people seem to think. Running a pickup channel is a drag and it's _incredibly_ hard to make good decisions and be consistent when it comes to disciplining errant players (mostly because a lot of the time you're actually good friends with them too). I'm a little bit annoyed with the way it happened, but I'm glad to be rid of the problem to an extent - you're right, I am a bit power hungry and in the past hormones have taken over decision making instead of rational thought, but we're all human.

You probably won't believe me, but ideally I wanted to run the channel with minimum intervention - having people shout "BAN" every time someone screwed up really pissed me off, because sometimes you have to let the little things go and try and rely on people's respect for the community to sort them out. Unfortunately that's far too idealistic and never really worked - nevermind :).

Anyhow, it's done now - let this rest and get back to playing DB. And I'll use my newfound free time to develop X-Ball :D
Last edited by Catalyst on 19-12-2006 01:21, edited 1 time in total.
Adversary

Post by Adversary »

Ghost i think your post about the NA community sums it up for me... You have some bad experiences and then form an brash opinion about it... The NA community ain't all that bad, sure its got its fair share or problems and the play isn't always top notch (man they love shooting from long range - get more good keepers ;) )

But for them, naming one example: i'm sure it can be annoying having a high ping player messing up because they aren't used to the ping delay. People who have got used to the ping (Lec !& Cata! !insertnames here! are classic examples) get on just fine. There are lots of others. Even I get on well enough to play a mixer now and then (but personally i think scoring off the restart from one of my typical solo runs helped ;) haha)

How long ago must that have happened anyway...I mean i did see some of the #db24 days but now the #dbmixers NA situation seems to have changed a bit recently, probably because of the euro integration into the league... but i'm not the person to ask about it all (now u NA folk can post something constructive ;) :P )

People can learn from there mistakes... Whats wrong with trying to make a fresh start and remove all this tension? I mean you cared enough to come back when you said you'd finally had enough of this...

New post responce
@ Cata

Thats the type of repsonce that helps things a lot... Glad to hear it, and i'm happy for u :P
Last edited by Adversary on 18-12-2006 15:10, edited 1 time in total.
Catalyst

Post by Catalyst »

Adversary wrote: People who have got used to the ping (Lec is ur classic example) get on just fine.

Hey! If LeC's the classic example, that must mean I'm positively decrepit :eek: :p
Adversary

Post by Adversary »

gg edit mode ... I was gonna put u in first time... just forgot :P lol

u get the point tho
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

Every one making the 'personal issues' comment have been spoken to by DavidM before posting.

Like I've already said, I'm out for good this time. Past two months were personal problems, now its for good. So what ever
Adversary

Post by Adversary »

Well ... maybe come back when we have a stable version ;) ...

ultimately its about the game... not the pu channel... but we can still try and make the best of what we have atm
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

I'll say it once more to get it across

I'm done.
Adversary

Post by Adversary »

what... u mean for today ? :P
Catalyst

Post by Catalyst »

I love the internet :).
BunnyS

Post by BunnyS »

Amen :)
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Hi everyone reading this,
let me say a few words about the main issues that have been brought up:
  • Pickups were ok in #dbpickup?
    Only for someone who never plays there.
  • Community input to this decision?
    Over 90% of all immediately gave positive reactions, because we all have the same opinion about the messy state of #dbpickup and I didn't find anyone who agreed with Cata's anti-authoritarian moderation.
    He has learned from his mistakes and mentioned them. That's all fine now and I consider him getting stronger all the time as a person.
  • DavidM wants power?
    Hm... I wouldn't care much about OP if #dbpickup was properly moderated.
    I was the only OP trying to get something done there, but there was always Cata and the other OPs in my way, because nobody would discuss things and work together as an OP team.
    Power always brings responsibility, but most seem to forget that. They just see the power.
    I have years of experience with internet moderation. Handling all kinds of weird characters, I also made many mistakes I learned from.
    And now I enjoy having this power and responsibility <i>because</i> I'm self confident enough (people who hate me read 'arrogant' there) to say that we'll do a great job in this channel from now on. We will do mistakes here and there and learn from them, no doubt. Especially in the beginning you need to give us some time to get it rolling properly. A few have no moderation experience but we'll take care of them.
    If I see someone taken over by the feel of op power or someone not taking care enough, he/she will be an ex-op. And I myself am being watched by them too.
  • I'm sorry, we all know it, but nobody has dared to say it yet right here, but what I see is only Sir Ghost waging his anti-davidm war publically...in the shabby disguise of a pickup-argument, which he will deny for sure. But my name is being mentioned way too often to hide it. And this public war is being done by being overly polemic, biased and all that with lots of aggressions.

Lots of pathos (or rather bathos) around! Maybe the right epical soundtrack will help.

So guys, enjoy your stay in #deathball
<3

David