FFS, who is currently developing/managing the complete 2.4 s

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

mpratt

Post by mpratt »

No Im not coding Deathball anymore. In fact since I stopped coding deathball at 2.4 (never released but still on my harddrive). I did a mod called CE_legends for battlefield 2.

Thanks for the update, I was wondering what was going on. :>
Sixty

Post by Sixty »

Same old stuff: hopes up, dissapointment, repeat.
InSaNe`

Post by InSaNe` »

Euro DB is dead, if all you do is 3v3 (either version) you're kind of dead.

As far as I know, the production of DB 2.4 has ceased. Croaker works for EA, and Weisso is fully into X-Ball. Neither care for DB anyway.

The true death of DB is when UT2k7 comes out. Play while you can, it's almost over.
Messy

Post by Messy »

I probably won't buy UT2k7 o_O

And there will still be Deathball \o/
Shinobi

Post by Shinobi »

The NA community is moving to x-ball after 2.3
Messy

Post by Messy »

k :)
The_One

Post by The_One »

Shinobi wrote: The NA community is moving to x-ball after 2.3
Really? I thought NA didn't like DB 2.4. Last I saw X-Ball was heading the same way design wise. Am I wrong?
Messy

Post by Messy »

Probably not anymore :)

DavidM is no longer part of the project, and Disturbed is leading it designwise afaik. (source: http://xball.phoenix-powered.com/wiki/d ... 07_01_2006)

I'm sure the team will be able to tell you much more about it themselves.
The_One

Post by The_One »

gg DavidM. My interest wanes. Shame.
InSaNe`

Post by InSaNe` »

X-Ball will be like DB 2.4 but not exact. I wouldn't even use those words, it'll be similar. Yeah, that's the right word.

But anyways, with UT2k7 coming out I doubt many of us will play DB. Besides that, X-Ball is going to take a while - around 1 - 1.5 years. They're still making ideas on how the gameplay is going to be.

To the NA community - goodbye DB when UT2k7 comes out.
The_One

Post by The_One »

I'm certainly not expecting a carbon copy. Any kind of first person sports game would be good afaic.

DB has had a great innings. Would have been nice if it had ended on a non-beta version though.
FL-

Post by FL- »

I personally think the lack of caring what the community thinks is the detriment to DB. I loved DB back when I played a year (or two?) ago.

I actually was on the development team and got access to the source for a short while. Being new to Uscript I wasn't any help and no one really had the time to point me in the right direction. davidm wanted me to complete the single player aspect of the game with an aggressive timeline (on what basis of my coding abilities, I don't know). I needed time to get familiar with the source and with the UT2004 setup.

Not their fault, perhaps the judgement to add me as a developer wasn't sound. However, I have since developed a few mutators for the recently released Red Orchestra: Ostfront which runs on the EU2.5 engine. Simple things, but 'things' nonetheless.

Anyway, I eventually gave up and left the team because I didn't care for the way davidm ran the code or treated the community. He contributed a lot to Deathball and it'd be nothing without him, but that doesn't make all his decisions 'good' or, better yet, good for the community.