Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Rino

Post by Rino »

I can be a good pr, is my job.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

notpron is done.
i wanna do deathball, but nothing with modding, ut etc...
Sixty

Post by Sixty »

Problem is, deathball is modding, ut, etc..

If you're really desperate, I'll even give it a go, although i'm not sure the publishers will be very impressed talking to a 16 year old on the phone.
I can do other stuff though.
beefsack

Post by beefsack »

gogo sixty
Orney

Post by Orney »

well.. i think it needs a update to show them all that db is still own and has more! i think some bugfixes, the bugs confuse the new players so they leave it :/.. (they just think.. wtf why i cant hit the ball) gg hammerbug...
xiller8r

Post by xiller8r »

I was at a lan not so long ago, I thought we'd all have a go on deathball so I distributed it, and we fired it up and had an awesome time playing on cube / small cube for a while etc.

The general consensus from the session was that :

1) db kicks ass, and is fun to play

2) db has a few bugs that are annoying, and needs something fresh to spice it up a bit.

When I informed everyone that DB hasn't been updated since last november, and that it doesn't look likely that it will be updated any time soon, everybody went about uninstalling it etc.

That was a possible 20 or so new community members right there that were put off by db's lack of updates or whatever.

I don't think any marketing whatsoever will be successful in trying to bring a ten month old product to peoples attention, especially when it seems that nothing is in the pipeline to further its existance in any way.

I'd be happy to work on marketing and PR for this game, I used to play it a hell of a lot, but like many others I just lost interest in it around the same time as the developers seemed to.

Put in a bit of effort, announce whats coming up in a new version and i'll get on to pimping this around in the tdm / ctf scene, where as a few db'ers that actually know me, know that I have a fairly large influence.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

uhm.... our marketing is not about getting people play some stupid mod
you totally miss the point
nevermind :)
xiller8r

Post by xiller8r »

What point did I miss, what other possible purpose could you want for the marketing?

Other than getting financial backing, which I can assure you, you won't achieve. Any potential investor will want to see numbers of people playing the game, more importantly a constant increase in that number, or they just won't co-operate at all.

New version = New / More Players = More chance of sponsorship / external investment.

The way things are currently, nobody in their right mind would touch deathball as a project.

The same can be said for anywhere offering publicity, you'll also find it difficult to find coders or whatever to come and work on a project that none of the developers seem interested in any more.
Last edited by xiller8r on 08-08-2005 14:06, edited 1 time in total.
Achilles

Post by Achilles »

Agreed, when the game gets updated Ill go pimping db in the Cod scene.
I won't say Iam as influential as Xilly ;), but I still know ons of people that are always open minded to new stuff.
Just I cant be arsed making an efford before somethings being done on Deathball itself.
Messy

Post by Messy »

I think what mr. M meant mainly is not just getting players to play Deathball regularly.

He wants an actual pr-man to contact potential team-members (yes, developers) and publishers etc. (always loved the stand-alone dream).

Then indeed will DB finally get some updates, and hopefully some new players after that :)

Unfortunately however, nobody seems to think he or she is able to do this, which is the same reason I didn't reply to this either :) (DavidM likes his threads clean ;p so I heard)
xiller8r

Post by xiller8r »

I'd be perfectly able of doing this, my point is that no publicity companys will be willing to give any time to this whatsoever when they realise it hasnt been worked on for almost a year.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

i thought we worked on it for 2.5 years
i must be wrong
StRaFe

Post by StRaFe »

Considering theres no such game like it on the market... even more reason imo
xiller8r

Post by xiller8r »

DavidM wrote: i thought we worked on it for 2.5 years
i must be wrong

I mean it hasnt been worked on within the last year, im sure you understood that.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

whats up with you anyway? you come here after some time and every single thread i see you posting in is full of moaning etc