Question about that old green ball

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

The_One

Post by The_One »

But then you'll be able to get better, right? :D
GreyFox

Post by GreyFox »

DavidM wrote: you better be quiet rico, you are one of those that could never be arsed to defend when having signed up as "a" or "m"
played often enough with you and many others...

its just 4 field players, and those in a good position use them, the last man stays back. so easy, but egos dominate logic...

sooooooooooooooo true
Catalyst

Post by Catalyst »

Rotating keeper would be fun :D
Morning*Star

Post by Morning*Star »

You'd think it would work but everyone tries their best to be boosted so that they don't have to d (even you when i recall playing that system with you).
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

rofl, cry more

edit: this started off because some one asked about the green ball \o/ green ball is cursed imo
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

i dont remember wanting to be boosted. i just wanted to get those in good positions in an even better one, good for our team, end of story
as long as 98% play with the wrong attitude this game is no more big fun to me. but still...with 4 good guys, it's the best i've ever played, and we were addicted for a good reason, playing 10 matches in a row
KillerRebel

Post by KillerRebel »

one thing that rush does often is scrims against other teams is rotating defense/sweeper. the last man back stays d and it works well for numerous reasons. one, everyone gets a chance to learn every position on the field and those who are always attackers learn something about defense which can ultimately lead to that person being better at attacking. this also keeps some people from having to play defense game and game again.

another thing that sometimes happens is 2 or 3 people will agree to split the time at defense. like player 1 plays for 10 mins, then player 2 plays for 10, and player 3 plays the last 10... or player 1 plays for 15 and player 2 plays the last 15.

as far as "egoing" goes, i agree that it kills the enjoyment of the game. i love when someone is wide open for a pass then the person with the ball throws it off the wall to themself or tries to shoot over 2 defenders. one team that doesn't seem to do this is UFO and i commend them for that. deathball is a team game, it should be played as a team and not as individuals imo.
Da Spadger

Post by Da Spadger »

Ehm, back on-topic? A Static mesh of the old ball would be appreciated, as i found a mutator that could replace the ball in Bombing Run and DB to a smesh of own choice.

btw, DavidM did you check your email? I sent you a mail and i haven't got a reply yet.
fro

Post by fro »

Da Spadger wrote: Ehm, back on-topic? A Static mesh of the old ball would be appreciated, as i found a mutator that could replace the ball in Bombing Run and DB to a smesh of own choice.

poke around in ued, theres a mesh of the ball in there. i know cos im looking at it :)
Da Spadger

Post by Da Spadger »

fro wrote: poke around in ued, theres a mesh of the ball in there. i know cos im looking at it :)

You mean the green one? That's odd, because i don't see anything green in the smeshes that came with db. :blabla:
fro

Post by fro »

the only difference is the colour of the rings - thats easily fixed by swapping the yellow texture for the green texture.

[img-dotdotdot]
StRaFe

Post by StRaFe »

Oh dear. :D, hey im happy to d up ;)
Messy

Post by Messy »

Since when? ;)

ps: be sure to change the BR-ball then because afaik the only difference with that and the green DB-ball is the colour of the rings, where as the new DB-ball would still keep the skull in the center.
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

KillerRebel wrote: as far as "egoing" goes, i agree that it kills the enjoyment of the game. i love when someone is wide open for a pass then the person with the ball throws it off the wall to themself or tries to shoot over 2 defenders. one team that doesn't seem to do this is UFO and i commend them for that. deathball is a team game, it should be played as a team and not as individuals imo.

this is why ufo vs ufo for the nadbl deathbowl II :)