A Music thread

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

Miss Hammett

Post by Miss Hammett »

I don't know Los muertos de Cristo... What do they play? The best Spanish groups for me are Extremoduro, Héroes del Silencio, Saratoga, Reincidentes and Mago de Oz... But I prefer anglosaxon bands.
aic2276

Post by aic2276 »

Well lets see, BY my signature, anyone should be able to tell that I'm a big Alice In Chains fan. Also like Metallica, but only up through the black album. Iron Maiden rocks as do Pantera, and Dream Theater. I like Dream Theater because every song on every cd is a continuance of a story, kinda like Pink Floyd. As for new stuff, I'm into Staind, Linkin Park, 3 doors down, Cold Play, Greenday, and Breaking Benjamin.
R and B, not much at all.
Rap, very little - Eminem, Dr. Dre, Tupac, and JayZ.
Misc. Jimmy Buffet, Led Zeppelin, U2, and Smashing Pumpkins.
supamom

Post by supamom »

:eek: Am i the only one here NOT into metal and rock??? I like some of this stuff, but very little of it. I quite like Pearl Jam, but i'm more into stuff like Cold Play, Badly Drawn Boy, Top Loader, U2, Turin Brakes and Blur. I have to admit also to being a BIG Simply Red fan, just love to hear Mick Hucknall sing. Having named all those bands, i will, however, listen to most types of music. My current favorite (and i wish he would bring out another track) is Gary Jules.
Springer

Post by Springer »

OH! Modern Mum here! I know Smashing Pumpkins very well, I've heard and enjoyed them through the floor boards!!
I thought I recognised some of your sig lyrics too aic2276, yes, floor boards again. Pantera yes also. Don't know your new stuff since the floor boards have stopped shaking but I will look into them ASAP!
Eminem I know and I think probably the best of his ilk.
I have a Frank Zappa album which I LOVE but I can't find it now! :confused: Or it might even be Dweezil's! I'll look again tomorrow.
Last edited by Springer on 01-05-2005 20:38, edited 1 time in total.
Miss Hammett

Post by Miss Hammett »

I like Simply Red because my dad likes them very much. Too many car trips with Simple Red soundtrack :)
supamom

Post by supamom »

Seen them live, several times, and have heard Mick Hucknal sing purely with an accoustic guitar, no other music, and i have to say he is ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!! Sorry, just had to say it!
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

well well
Elvis Presley (68-77)
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
Boppin' B
Brian Setzer Orchestra (and Stray Cats)
Cherry Poppin' Daddies
Blues Brothers
Ray Charles

well basically all Neoswing (the swing that has NOTHING to do with the old Glenn Miller stuff etc., NOTHING to do with Sinatra....), Rock 'n Roll, Blues, Country, Rockabilly....

proud to be different and never going with the flow for a second
Last edited by DavidM on 02-05-2005 18:59, edited 1 time in total.
supamom

Post by supamom »

Cool David. We have a huge cd collection here, and my husband listens to almost any kind of music, i reckon you would probably find some of that stuff amongst our cd collection somewhere.
elvisyo

Post by elvisyo »

Ah... I've been waiting for that metal wave to fade... I used to like metal in my teens. Metallica and stuff. today metal gone for me, grunge stays. AIC, Soundgarden, Temple Of the Dog, Mad season. Faith No More (got all albums with Mike Patton!) and Mr. Bungle... Dream Theater... Smashing Pumpkins' CDs used to be a regular visitors to my player back then too... I'm more into The Beatles, Nick Drake, Jeff Buckley, Paul Weller, Fiona Apple, Radiohead, Pink Floyd (of course) and other 60's-70's stuff from time to time too (Dylan, Joni Mitchel, Queen, Doors and so on...) and some Jazz.
My time as a radio DJ/music editor made me grown out of mainstream, so you can count it out of my account.

All you rockers out there behold for bands you've never heard or heard of - Coral Valley (click to listen to the demos - http://www.coralvalley.net ) and Izabo (don't have a link yet, sorry). good stuff!

Made it all this way without mentioning Elvis... oh crap... :lol:

Edit: Oh, David remind me of the Blues Brothers. me like!
Last edited by elvisyo on 01-05-2005 21:13, edited 1 time in total.
aic2276

Post by aic2276 »

Lots of good stuff there Elvisyo.
Springer

Post by Springer »

I'll check out Coral Valley, elvisyo.
DavidM, of course Elvis I was brought up on and LOVED! :p And, well, Ray Charles... :) The others I don't know :mad:
Country, yes, especially Alan Jackson and Dwight Yoakam and some other more modern ones whose names I can't even remember but I used to do Western Freestyle dancing competitions with my ex, you know 2 step and East Coast Swing and whatnot.
Having said all that classical is my real passion being an ex music teacher but it's so nice that we all enjoy such a wide range. :)
elvisyo

Post by elvisyo »

Thanks aic. we share some taste in music... :)

Btw, that was my shorten list... and as usually, I forgot the early stuff of David Bowie, and King Crimson (Robert Fripp is my guitarist god).

Edit: thanks Springer.
Last edited by elvisyo on 01-05-2005 21:23, edited 1 time in total.
garg

Post by garg »

Because there are far too many metalheads on the internet these days, I will list some of the music I like.

Isan, autechre, Boards of Canada, Plaid, Antipop Consortium, Hexstatic, Why?, Odd Nosdam, Sage Francis, Sole, Aphex Twin, Dose One, Themselves, Prefuse 73, A Grape dope,cLOUDDEAD, Subtle, Roots Manuva (fucking ace live), Dosh (http://www.garganroo.co.uk/dosh.mov), Telephone Jim Jesus, Passage, The Pedestrian, Hrvatski, Air, DabruTack (German rap heh), LFO, Herbaliser, DJ Shadow, Orbital, Mira Calix, Nightmares On Wax, Jin, Jimmy Edgar, Mos Def (and Black Star), Gravenhurst, Kid 606, Kid Koala, Edan, Cannibal Ox, Mr Dibbs, Mr Lif, Restiform Bodies, Massive Attack (<3), Frou Frou, Tuesday Weld, TV on the Radio, e-lp, Deltron3030, Dan The Automator, Cunning Lynguists, Quannum MC's.... and many, many, many more.

If I see ANYONE flaming someone else for liking music that they don't, I swear to god I'll not be happy }:(.

If purposely refused to list any of the rock and metal type bands I listen to for a reason (this is, also, many).
supamom

Post by supamom »

Ooh, ooh, David Bowie................I LOVE DAVID BOWIE!!
supamom

Post by supamom »

@ Garg.................WHO????? Sorry honey, i must be WAY TOO OLD for all this stuff!!!!!