Minus Level Account Poll

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

jarjar_not

Post by jarjar_not »

if i had to pay to keep going in the negatives, i'd probably leave. sorry

making people pay for negatives should be a last resort at best. have you thought about other ways of making money? you haven't even tried ads yet. ads might even be a pretty good idea for these riddles. you have to admit there would be some people clicking on it desperately looking for clues out of it (even if you say the ads have nothing to do with the riddle).
Last edited by jarjar_not on 30-04-2005 17:47, edited 1 time in total.
junimond_

Post by junimond_ »

i thought about the 'how much u would give away question'. well, i have a good job - i can pay the 10 euros. but what is with the lots of studens and pupils playing the game? hm - maybe a student/pupil discount should be fair. or a generell payment of 5 euros or so. this sounds for me like a fair way to make it possible for everyone in here to continue.
angelsk

Post by angelsk »

To be quite honest I'm amazed that so few people are willing to support DavidM here. Think of all the things on the internet that you may pay to use to get a better service, and compare them to Notpron, is it any less worthy of your money?

*sends big waves of support towards DavidM*

Edit: and I'm a student too.
Bazje

Post by Bazje »

I never paid for something on the internet. I've played some MMORPG's and I payed for none, so it isn't that I think David doesn't deserve it.....
Jay2k1
Administrator

Post by Jay2k1 »

Some riddlers go to work or are housewifes and can easily afford 10 or 20€. Others go to school or college or university and would have to think twice about that.

Not Pron has so many hits per day, i think sponsorship is a good solution. Btw, whats with the money from the built-in google bars? I have no idea how much that is.

Someone said, u should do this for fun and nothing else, u should do it whenever u want it and only when u want it. I second that.

Sure, u put much time into this, but usually people stick to donations. Thats what you do too, people could buy the book and u get some money.
Also keep in mind that many of the levels (or its ideas) in the negatives come from other riddlers. You have still to deal with it, of course, but if you dont feel like doing it then just give it a break.

Conclusion:
- payments should be voluntary
- sponsorship / advertisements: sure, why not
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

on the other hand, people get 87 levels for free (account would start at -4)

uhm, i dunno yet
the google bars etc get in 5-20eur a day. pending a lot. its so few people using the bars
angelsk

Post by angelsk »

but what about people posting the login information on places like Masterforums, just so peopel can get ot the later levles without buying an account?
iamjustme

Post by iamjustme »

David my friend, I'd pay a fair rate because I think you deserve it. You have been giving us lots of fun, entertainment and knowledge for months! However, I'm not able to do it because I can't have a PayPal account, or a credit card anymore... part of the heritage of my exwife, among lots of debts... that's why I can't pay anything on internet. :mad:
If you decide to do this and somehow I coud, I would.

And I'm fully agree with maestro on this:
maestro wrote: Also, I think that you need to disregard our avid thirst for more and more levels, sooner and sooner. Screw us! You did this for (hopefully) fun and it should remain that way. Do it when YOU can, NOT when we want.

Finally, I think as well that sponsorship is a good idea.
aic2276

Post by aic2276 »

maestro wrote: Also, I think that you need to disregard our avid thirst for more and more levels, sooner and sooner. Screw us! You did this for (hopefully) fun and it should remain that way. Do it when YOU can, NOT when we want.
I agree with Maestro. You should do this when you feel like it, not when we feel like having one. BiggBlizz mentioned the sponsorship. I know a guy who generates a couple hundred a month just from ads on his site, so that may be something to think about. If you decisde to do the ads, I would click on everyone just to generate some money for you. The fee thing, I'd be willing to pay $10 - $15 american as it is definitely worth it with all the time you put into it, I mean you need to have a life seperate of NotPron to. I also don't know how hard it would be to get the book published in hardcover, but it may be worth looking into.
angelsk

Post by angelsk »

*agree completely with aic2276*
Springer

Post by Springer »

I agree with aic2276 too. I'd certainly click away on the ads. Well said mate.
And, of course, I agree with what maestro said about the levels coming out too. We certainly shouldn't take them for granted.
Also, could the Google bar be stressed more just to remind everyone how it helps? And the donations too, perhaps on a separate page after every X levels or something saying how important donations are to keep notpron going?
You have created a phenominum DavidM, let's all find a way to keep it going and help you out in the way you deserve.
:)
junimond_

Post by junimond_ »

Springer wrote: You have created a phenominum DavidM, let's all find a way to keep it going and help you out in the way you deserve.
:)

*claps*

yep - excactly that.
Last edited by junimond_ on 30-04-2005 20:28, edited 1 time in total.
Bazje

Post by Bazje »

Can't you make riddle where you have to click the googlebar 200 times to pass the level?!?! :D Maybe that will help!
lo_

Post by lo_ »

personally I'd never pay for notpron. I think the whole edge of the game is the fact that it's anonymous, open and free.
I don't think money is an idiot filter, intelligence is the idiot filter.
Besides, aren't the minus levels the very minority of users? how much revenue could that possibly generate?
Why not just put ads on levels 1-10? With all the hits on the earlier levels, that should be much more profitable.
supamom

Post by supamom »

David, i would pay a one off fee, as you already know! I mean, for gods sake, people pay £5 a year to join Friends Reunited, so why not a similar thing to be part of this fantastic riddle and of course the community that goes with it!

If there are other ways that would be more profitable like adds and sponsorship, then you should seriously look into these too.

I have to agree with all those that have said that you should do this because you enjoy it, and do it when YOU want to, and have time to. Enjoyment should be your only reason to continue without any revenue coming in from this.

Whatever you decided David, is cool by me. If this is the end of notpron, then it is the end. I will start over again from the beginning if this is truley the end, i've done the whole riddle several times already, but i know some solutions have changed since i last did it, some of those being negatives, so i still have lots to play with here. I would hope that others who have completed the whole riddle will stick around too, just to continue to be part of the community you have built up here.