We Borke the league page

All about Death Ball Leagues and Tournaments

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

TFO_ThePimpImp

Post by TFO_ThePimpImp »

No the server is in nova scotia. We have players from all over. I live in Victoria which is about as far away in north america as you can get from that server, yet I have ping beeter than some of our east coast people. I really need to get on a west coast team. And now with our best player Viper gone things are going to be really hard for us. Thats why I am trying to recruit people so we can have an east coast and west coast team. Or else I'm jusst gunna start my own team
Bodom

Post by Bodom »

I should add, I know the ES leader now, and I think most of them are pretty young (bedtimes around 9 est). I talk to him on AIM now and I'm gonna try to give him some tips to get his team playing together better. We're not the cruel hearted bastards you think we are....well not all of us ;)
Ronin

Post by Ronin »

Hey TFO,

Facto VIII had similar first games. our first organized match ever was with Rush Red. I think the score was 20(+) to 2. And we had many similar matches since then. Our last Sop match was 8-2, UFO was 4-3 and 9-5...we did get womped by PW but that's how it goes. Sometimes it's one thing. I remember the first time trying to beat against Rush's Defense, we couldnt' even make it to the pzone. But we figured it out...we came up with some new tactics and what helped the MOST was finding scrims.

Factor VIII would be MORE than happy to scrim with you guys and anyone in our league. V3 and PW have worked HARD to be as good as they are...but if you get those scrims in, you'll see results fast.

so come find me on gamesnet.net #fviii and we'll scrim!

-Ronin
TFO_MrRage2U

Post by TFO_MrRage2U »

Seems i have to come here to find out where our clan is headed.
Fallen
Banned

Post by Fallen »

its hard when there is talk of a clan splitting apart, TFO, if you guys can pull thru the shit, use our server for a league match, I'd h8 to see teams pulling out early, as a fellow canadian, im lending you guys a hand. I'm usually around, so ask me, if you want to either have a league game there, or practise, we can give u guys pointers.
TFO_MrRage2U

Post by TFO_MrRage2U »

Fallen i appreciate it. I just posted on our forum because a few of the remarks here should have been brought to the clan first and i don't like finding out information that should have been brought to us first on another forum but hopefully i will have some answers soon enough. I love this clan and i agree we do need some work and i for one am willing to put the time in and help out where i can but if someone comes on here and says basically our best player left and i may look for another clan who is our leader at the moment i get a little ticked.
TFO_MrRage2U

Post by TFO_MrRage2U »

Well i'm coming back and happy to say that TFO will continue. Pretty iffy there for a little bit but i do believe that the team is going to pull through this now. All of the major issues i think have been addressed and we are ready to move on. We are making changes right now to make our team a better one( i hope ). When things keep happening over and over again that arn't good then u need change to make things better and that's what we are trying to do right now.

I appreciate the offer of help from V3 and factor VIII and if u don't mind I will be taking u up on your offers. We havn't been doing much in the way of scrimms since we started and practices have been few but we are going to change this right now. We recruited a couple of new people. Waffle and HerbalTea and will continue to recruit.

We have members but some of them arn't really active members so we do need more. Eventually the plan is to have an east and west division of TFO. I will be in charge of the east and PimpImp in charge of the west. Pings and scheduling will be a lot better then.

For now though we are concentrating on making our team better and i hope in the very near future u all will see results. V3 please don't schedule too soon. I would like our match to be closer to the end and maybe by that time we can give u a better challange than what we gave u last time lol. I like your server so for me anyway should be no excuse for me in keep ping wise anyway.

In closing i wish to thank everyone for their support and not wanting TFO to shut down. Both here and people i have encountered on the field and various places. I hope in the future we will be able to give a little more fight than what we have been doing lately.
Fallen
Banned

Post by Fallen »

:D Nice to hear that TFO is continuing with thier clan. Hopefully you do recruit more ppl to play that have atleast some knowledge of the game. Knowledge of the game is often over-shadowed in this mod, talent is sought after more often and sometimes it can hurt a clan, particulary a squad's chemistry.

In V3 I have come to known that certain players don't play good with others. For instance, my defensive partner I usually play with is Sin (nubcake), me and him just click sometimes and when we play together, it sometimes seems that our defense is unbeatable. Btw, we do not pbox camp like some clans do, we actually play defense. However this rule was broken once when against TEZC because of ping-related issues. Anyways, other defenders on this team I play good with is good, but it seems to me that sometimes I need Sin to be out thier to watch out for me and correct my mistakes, and I correct his.

Nevertheless, this can also be said to our offensive. If you have scrimed us, you should have already played against Bodom and Xelent. They in my opinion are a very deadly team. They play extremely well together on offense. Another thing, last night, in a scrim versus EL, we thought we would spice up our roster and switch our roles as offense and defense. Though, I on offense did well in my time of success, Bodom and Xelent did extremely well on defense only allowing 3 shots I believe, however I think 2 of them were not clear good shots. I, on offense with Imaginos played well, even on RW we came up with some good passes that some may have not made. For instance, I told him to jump back because I didn't have a chance to pass, he jumped back and I jumped as high as I could and the pass went thru, though we didnt score, it was a fun experience. Anyways, this is way off-topic.

TFO, we would glady give you guys access to our server anytime in the week if im around and depends on some circumstances. As a step forward, you guys should schelude practises with yourself and afterwards scrim a fellow division rival. Scrim is the best bet to see how the other team plays and gives you an idea to counteract any flaws you see that you can fix.

We will try to schelude our rematch later on when you guys fell ready, remember it is on our server and we play extremely well on home court if those are the right words.

:spammer: I talk to much and now I'm hungry. I have a few stuff to fax and I will check back later on what this topic offers new posts.

Fallen aka Bullet
TFO_MrRage2U

Post by TFO_MrRage2U »

Thanks for the reply Bullet. Any advice people can provide is appreciated. I also play well on your server, my ping is down around 100 so it's pretty good for keep. I'm not sure about the rest of the guys but i think their pretty good on it too. The two recruits we got have been playing deathball for a long time now and both seem to want to grow with the team. I havn't played with either yet in a scrimm or match but their attitude is a positive one and both are willing to practice and fine tune their skills. The fact that people are wanting to improve themselves is a big plus. We all wern't as good as we are overnight but worked to improve all the time and watch and learn.

Moral is starting to go up a bit and yet a little nervous about the future will bring but everyone seems to be willing to chip in and do their share.

My e-mail is novascotiaguy@hotmail.com and icq is 164810258
also msn under the same e-mail address. If u have a day in mind to scrimm sometime let me know. I'll try and stay in touch. I'll need sometime to get guys together maybe a couple of days if possible. Different time zones is a big problem with us at times. I work 2 to 10:15 pm eastern this week so don't know if it would be a good time for u or not, and if not we'll get together maybe the following week. If u also can get together at a different time let me know maybe the other guys can show up for the scrimm.