MSUC Final Result In

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

Allow me to disagree.

RO is not just another WW2 game, it's the most realistic war game i've ever played. It's top class work.

Sure, it might have more potential than some of the other mods (although the CS clones will always have more potential, and they didnt place well at all), but without thinking of the commercial side of this, RO is actually the best mod out there. It has won award after award, it's consensual.

And there are still some mods that are really something original and worth a try. Metaball, for instance, is my latest addiction. :)
Rens2Sea

Post by Rens2Sea »

DavidM wrote: well it doesnt matter, the contest failed. they looked for something creative, and the next ww2 + counterstrike loser won :)

Rofl, exactly what i tought you would say:noob:
:-)

Post by :-) »

DavidM needs a hug.

If it makes you feel anybetter, RO is just a TDM knock off, which is a bastardization of DM. So really DM wins.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

don't get the wrong impression. im not saying "db must win". i dont really care about this. its just sad whats winning in such a contest...in pretty much every category in all phases

too many people judging who have no clue about games
whatever..... i have nothing to do with that and dont care about it as much as it sounds here
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

DavidM, so you don't think RO is a fair winner, considering all the technical, originality aspects put into the mods?

What mod you think would be more deserving?
beefsack

Post by beefsack »

i think the problem was epic couldnt decide for themselves
:-)

Post by :-) »

I think what he's trying to say is that RO takes an old concept, does (arguably) a better job of it than anyone else, amateur or commercial. He wanted to see something that doesn't already exist win. It's Make Something Unreal not Improve Something Real.

Oh wait, that's what I'm trying to say Oo.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

its not epic, its also nvidia and infogrames in the jury

from some at epic and someone at infogrames i heard some time ago that they prefer db over all

"DavidM, so you don't think RO is a fair winner, considering all the technical, originality aspects"

which originality aspects? and i dont find it super good looking or so. most ive seen as a general "cheapness" to it, which i dont care about tho. the game is what matters, but we dont that game again and again...

i had to laugh when I wrote this from someone: "It is a WW2 setting, but it is a little different in that it concentrates on the Eastern front conflicts between the Soviet Union and Germany."

OMG the AK1337 loading animation is better than in counterstrike clone #137, this game is so creative and different! I must have it

:D
[1234]Jr

Post by [1234]Jr »

The one that won i suppose is the best marketable one...

$$$$$$$££££££££€€€€€€€
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

Db is fun but i don't believe it attracts standard gamers. One it is too hard to get good enough before you are chased away. Two no really incredible grafix or very limited ones when there are. Three the game play is not immediately amazing if you aren't into sports/ football. Especialy with the lack of servers.

i really like the idea of a keeper bot on pubs tbh
Last edited by theberkin8or on 26-01-2005 20:51, edited 1 time in total.
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

RO is brilliant, period.

And yes, there is some originality to it, coz it's not more of the same WW2 game, its more real, more tactical, less Rambo-like attitude while playing.

And still, i asked you what do you think should be more deserving? and y the contest failed? there are some really original mods out there, after all.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

and did the original stuff out there get anything for it? :)
no way

i dont care enough about this to talk more about it :|
CripTonic

Post by CripTonic »

Cause DB is so original...

Looks like Davey boy is going to take his ball and go home.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

db will go on, since its the most unique and fun game i've ever played :)
Morning*Star

Post by Morning*Star »

unique? sure
fun? occasionally