NEW RULE suggestion

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

DavidM

Post by DavidM »

lets give it up
db players dont like to think, all that adds depth will be hated :|

so killing someone means "turn him into a defender"
otherwise he is out of your way for 8 secs or so and if you are fast you can abuse it
fro

Post by fro »

db is a simple game

thats why people like it.

overcomplication just screws with this ideology.
fluffykitten

Post by fluffykitten »

Uh ..have you flipped? The thinking is already there, you have a cear decision to make over if you kill that attacker or not .. if you add a respawn delay there will be LESS thinking, as you'll automatically clear out the pbox.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

its a thing you can abuse
kill 2 of their guys, then be friggin fast and abuse the situation
then its more an attacker thing: "do i let me kill?"
"do i take the risk to be killed?"
Rens2Sea

Post by Rens2Sea »

Adding a respawn delay would be SOOOO lame :S
It's the defenders/keepers fault if they kill the guy :|
fluffykitten

Post by fluffykitten »

This makes no sense, you'd just be transferring the decision to be killed from defender to attacker .. and attackers already put themselves at risk when the enter the pbox. As far as `abusing' it goes, what's the great advantage in having an attacker or two out of the way for 8 seconds? Being able to pass the ball more easily to the halfway line maybe? Can't see that being a huge bonus worthy of screwing up DB with a lame respawn timer.
McKenna

Post by McKenna »

Uhm...he does see it as an abuse. So he does not see it as a bonus :)
FrostyCoolSlug

Post by FrostyCoolSlug »

i personally think a small delay would be appropriate.. i get sick and fed up of n00bs looking for an easy frag, while i stand in goal and get 20 morons bouncing on my head trying to get me to kill them..

"OOH LOOK!! 20 FREE FRAGS!!" *frag* *frag* *frag* *frag* *frag* *frag* *frag*... *BAM* huge defence taking out what would be a certain goal :/

its especially annoying when we are in the last 30 seconds, the oppositions _GOALIE_ is in your PBox, and you are 1 goal behind or tied..

N00B POWAH!! :p
NitrousOxide

Post by NitrousOxide »

Adding a respawn delay will make players value their health more, as it creates a small power-play opportunity for the opposition upon death.

It offers a reward for good defending i.e. attacking the ball carrier as soon as possible; spotting attackers in the penalty zone and doing something about it (regardless of where ball is).

As for the delay, set up a private testing server using a spread of player abilities from the league teams and find out how long it typically takes to make a shot on goal for the side with the extra man.
FAT('.')BOY

Post by FAT('.')BOY »

Quite often fragging the dood has nothing to do with a lack of tactical awareness, sometimes you just can't stop your self when some pushy tosser keeps jumping in your face.
GazMaN

Post by GazMaN »

tbh, the only time this really happens is on publics with noob keepers tryin to up their points really!

dont happen in official matches because keepers know wat their doin.

So i say leave it!
DiStUrbeD

Post by DiStUrbeD »

I noticed someone trying to do this to me in a 2v2 on lowcube....i stopped his shot and passed it up field, he ran in front of me as if i was going to kill him (i did earlier...but cought on) so i just stood there and looked at him.

What did he do? He reconnected to the server, and killed our attacker before he had a chance to shoot.

That = lame.
SpikeBall

Post by SpikeBall »

Ok, its keeper fault if he kill this guy, but you cant forget one thing:
This guy is jumping over your head, annoying you with his hammer, and a lot of things, just to be killed. And he is goalcamping too, he can receive the ball and shoot to your goal. But you didn't killed him before....
Hoju

Post by Hoju »

its simple, once his team gets the ball kill him.
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

the only way this delay would be fair is if it only applied to being killed in the other teams Pbox. 4 man crushed together offense would kill everything with respawn delays. ever time you lose the ball you all rush in and frag him.