Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

TeTr1C

Post by TeTr1C »

Sounds good. I'll be there for sure.
Rino

Re: Sunday Birthday happening

Post by Rino »

DavidM wrote: So the plan is to have as many servers as possible password free, NOT running VO, using big maps (curve, cube, tribun, bowl etc). Pimping that event and go pub all day long, hopefully with many noobs.

Count me in!

Where the fuck do u think we can get many "noobs"... except u can call them beginner, anyway i doubt they will appear magically on sunday even if i hope this will happen.
And about my "all veterans play a cup" , it was just an idea seeing noone planned anything before. I'm with you for a Pub maraton, but i'm sure it will be boring after 3 hours... that's why it could be also nice to organize a 3on3 not vo little tournament free for all, beginners and not in the late night, after the pubblic day :)
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

what we really need to be doing right now is pimping the Sunday Birthday open day to as many people as possible.

PR arrr ARRRRGH

o_O
Morning*Star

Re: Re: Sunday Birthday happening

Post by Morning*Star »

Rino wrote: Where the fuck do u think we can get many "noobs"... except u can call them beginner, anyway i doubt they will appear magically on sunday even if i hope this will happen.
And about my "all veterans play a cup" , it was just an idea seeing noone planned anything before. I'm with you for a Pub maraton, but i'm sure it will be boring after 3 hours... that's why it could be also nice to organize a 3on3 not vo little tournament free for all, beginners and not in the late night, after the pubblic day :)
3on3 is the gayest incarnation of db ever
XiD

Post by XiD »

nice use of the word incarnation
Goldeneye

Post by Goldeneye »

i'm not sure if i'll be around on sunday as i got to do quite a bunch of things for school...
anyways as there have been plans about daily pub times where the euro-bot would be disabled, it has an undocumented command any op could use to disable the channel and set a different topic in which for example some pubs could be advertised.

!pub topic text
sets the topic which will be displayed during pub time

!pub on or !pub 1
enables pub time

!pub off or !pub 0
disables pub time

so just ask an op to use these commands in case i'm no around.

for NA i could either implement the same command or a timer that will make the bot leave the channel and rejoin later again (where it still would have to be decided what time zone it should be shut down according to) - but only if the na community wants to do a pub day too.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

yeah would be great. just make all leave for a day \o/
Rino

Re: Re: Re: Sunday Birthday happening

Post by Rino »

Morning*Star wrote: 3on3 is the gayest incarnation of db ever

Man, This is only ur personal OPINION .
And if u haven't noticed, many people love to play 3on3 during a day in pickup channel.

SEcond point, many of you are saying that Pickup killed DB...
It's rather the contrary...
Personally i don't like playing on pubs, there is no tactic, no gameplay... On publics u simply lost the real fun of deatball IMO.
But i also understand it's useful join pubblic to encourage newbie to play... But it would be also useful to invite Beginners to use #dbpickup... Infact i would have quit the db after 1 week if i wouldn't have joined that channel.

Anyway i'm up and happy for the DAvidM idea, 1 day of publics maraton will be funny, i'm just saying that in the late night, after a day of pubblic, could be also funny a mini 3on3 turnament...
Orbitul

Post by Orbitul »

Yah GE i'm sure the NA scene would like to do this too. Can you put those same commands into our bot so we can use them when needed?
NightBoY

Post by NightBoY »

there is no other way to enjoy db except 3v3 these days. So MS if you dont like it, dont play it. Its simple. And pls shut up for once, we dont say 5v5 sucks, or aov sucks, etc... i really dont like ppl bitching about things they dont like
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

i love 5on5 and 3on3, but i dispise this 2on2 crap :)

but in the end nothing beats a good 5on5 (maybe a good 6on6 which we never played properly :P)
Rino

Post by Rino »

I love 5on5 3on3 and 2on2 in the same way, they are just different games and i have fun with all of those....
But i love more to see that DavidM is still live \o/...
Ehm DAvid I haven't seen you on irc for ages, nor in dbpickup or deathball channels, thought aliens got you ....

:) When the fucking dbl will be sorted up? And the new briley models??? can't wait for them...
GazMaN

Post by GazMaN »

NightBoY wrote: there is no other way to enjoy db except 3v3 these days. So MS if you dont like it, dont play it. Its simple. And pls shut up for once, we dont say 5v5 sucks, or aov sucks, etc... i really dont like ppl bitching about things they dont like

1. He doesnt play 3v3

2. AoV does suck, how many times do we have to tell you tools.

3. 3v3 is the 2nd biggest pile of wank ever (in db terms), top was 2v2 :)

also saying 3v3 is the only way to enjoy db thesedays is basically bitching about things you dont like (i.e normal db) so therefore you really dont like your self.

Dont say mean things like that, im sure your really nice in real life
Onge

Post by Onge »

Rino wrote: And if u haven't noticed, many people love to play 3on3 during a day in pickup channel.

Yeah, coz 5v5s don't always fill.
Originally posted by NightBoY And pls shut up for once, we dont say 5v5 sucks, or aov sucks, etc... i really dont like ppl bitching about things they dont like

That's rich coming from someone who refuses to play a 5v5 it's not Cube.
speedy

Post by speedy »

NightBoY wrote: there is no other way to enjoy db except 3v3 these days. So MS if you dont like it, dont play it. Its simple. And pls shut up for once, we dont say 5v5 sucks, or aov sucks, etc... i really dont like ppl bitching about things they dont like
YA U R STUAPAD LOLZ