Attn Rookie Players

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Fruitcake
Banned

Post by Fruitcake »

hehe nice work... maybe a random one of these could be shown when waiting to join a db game?
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

ha nah, they'd need to be alot better in quality for that! they got some good tips already in the game anyway. just people don't seem to read em :)
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

Hmm...no.

ha. well i partly agree with you messy. I don't often wall pass in a real match cuz possession is so important. esp on a big map. its very risky. but if done without error it can be very good for a goal. but on pubs. and for noobs its a valid tactic.

and i firmly beleive in trying outlandish things even if at first it seems like nothing good will come of it. because practice in these wacky things means when somthign you don't expect to happen, does happen. you might have some way to counter it.

\o/
Messy

Post by Messy »

Fruitcake wrote: hehe nice work... maybe a random one of these could be shown when waiting to join a db game?

Very good idea tbh ;o
Anyone from TV? :o

@ Inph: what tips do they have in the game? ;o sorry..haven't played ut2k4 DB ^^;

@ Inph2: Yesh, trying odd stuff is cool =) most fun I've had in DB, but such a thing is:

1: Not a good thing to teach to a n00b (especially not as basics ;))
2: A one-out, especially against skilled keepers, besides, the one volleying it in should have been killed by sweep :o

And how often do you get a 2vs1keep? :>
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

Messy wrote: Hmm...no.
Maybe in VO pubs =p

Dude, it is true without question. A perfect keeper will never be scored on. If you score, the keeper made an error, period. All things such as the bananna shot, cross volley, ect.. do, is make life harder for the keeper and thus causes an error. The more you throw at the keeper, the more likely he/she will make an error. A missed shot on purpose is no different than a pass volley shot. They increase the chance a keeper will error and a goal will be scored.

A missed shot is just a more effective wall set and good team play.
Last edited by Twigstir on 01-06-2004 18:39, edited 1 time in total.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

funny stuff :)
FeEdiKo

Post by FeEdiKo »

good work =)
Weisso

Post by Weisso »

those are damn good stick figures :p

anyhow, good job, could definitely help if put in one of the community sites in a faqs section

-Weiss
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

Do one on lamming. It's popular among newbies and quite boring.
Sixty

Post by Sixty »

lam-what?
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

lamming = one on one, one on two, two on two, or two on three - shooting an easy open net goal. Most players don't take "cake shots" and wait for a keeper/defender with such low numbers of players. It's really lame to take a "cake shot" with low numbers of players and a player advantage.

example - one on one: keeper saves a shot then powers up a lob shot into the other goal before the attacker can get there.

It's more fun to do battle then to take the easy no skill cake shots.
Last edited by Twigstir on 01-06-2004 23:01, edited 1 time in total.
siLVer

Post by siLVer »

"The wallpass-thing is so not gonna happen in most professional games, or should definitely not be used as a regular tactic =\
"

messy, this is the second time i ask you: where have you been the last months!! oO
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

wall pass to others is cool stuff

i just dispise self-passers
bunch of losers :)
its not even lame, because it aint effective
DiStUrbeD

Post by DiStUrbeD »

BEST
DRAWINGS
EVER

<3 inph
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

There as so many things a player can do. All are good if used appropriately. It's ball hogs and one dimensional players that are annoying. If you mix it up, your more effective.