DB 1.9 CHAnges

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Sequa

Post by Sequa »

klesk wrote: pfff as if it is a reason to quit playing a game because they forbid a lame(!) move until they fixed it.

it is
sorry but your post is silly

I don't think so
Sqleaf

Post by Sqleaf »

Sixty wrote: i c a lot of n00bs having a lot of fun trying to get the ball on the enemy goal
Opps, thats where we've gone wrong. Must be nearly impossible to do that on Cube :)
Sqleaf

Post by Sqleaf »

Sequa wrote: because people like me would quit db because they think about what game they are playing where it is not allowed to do something that is possible.
Yes and no. Stay with me on this one :)

Yes: Banning or disalowing goals that used something that you are able to do in the game is stupid and would be open to all sorts of arguments Team A"bah he was above the 4x jump height" Team B "No i wasn't" Team A "Prove it"..... not easy to prove/disprove.

No: I know we are talking about DeathBall here but if everything that it is possible to do was allowd in a game then why shouldn't people who use aimbots in CStrike/Tac Ops be able to? Its possible to use them but is frowned upon by the majority.
[I'm not saying special moves are cheats. Its just an example]

Soz for double post, unless some kind person has posted whilst I'm typing all this :)
f1end

Post by f1end »

i see your point...but bad analagy really...

What about " map exploits in CS...e.g. boosting a teamm8 through the floor on italy...thats possible, but do it in a clan match and watch how fast u get disqualified
DiStUrbeD

Post by DiStUrbeD »

CS is also a noob game
Sqleaf

Post by Sqleaf »

f1end wrote: i see your point...but bad analagy really...

What about " map exploits in CS...e.g. boosting a teamm8 through the floor on italy...thats possible, but do it in a clan match and watch how fast u get disqualified

Yea, bad example by me. Yours is much better.
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

twig you are right it isn't your fault that ppl choose to play VO on your server. thx you for spending your time and money to help out the game you like to play.

that being said VO combined with Pugs is a major reason imo of the lack on new blood into db we really should get the dba started again ( i would be happy to coach if they would let a n00b ;) )
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

I used to hate VO - the only reason was because the kiddies 90% of the time self vollied... and the problem with that is any good keeper will eaisily intercept the volly before it even hits the wall. now that is frustrating!

but VO really aint that bad and more often - maybe its just this last month or two, I've seen alot more teamwork in VO then i've found in regular. or it could just be twiggys server and the whole lot of cool guys that play there.

as far as 'n00bs' i think its only a problem for them when the community shows little tollerance for them not knowing what going on and getting pissy cuz they're not setting you up with the leetest goals... and this is on pubs, so lighten up guys. have fun...
Fallen
Banned

Post by Fallen »

The thing is, like twig said, elite players go into pubs when bored and destroy the n00bs. This should be frowned upon because you cannot get better unless you work yourself up.

When I first started playing, deathball was thriving with big servers of 12-14 people playing on a map call optimized. It was choas, but it does give the skill to react quickly and pass to that open man. Some still on good teams cannot pass more than 50% accurately, whereas my pass percentage overall (estimated) is > 85%.

We need more servers that are bound to 10-12. I only know that the 1/234 Server had 12 players. Those games were fun. I'm sure the ones who admin the gs.net servers can put the limit higher, who is admin? Panda? If so, get some good maps like optimized-03 and showcase it.

Anyone remember that old map that was oval? That was one of my favorite oldschool maps. DB-U is also good.

I'd think to move forward in popularity of the mod, we must go back to the roots that once help gain the excitment.

Back then, you would always see alot of servers full. Now, half full with n00bs trying out the mod, and its not fun. 15-25 goals a game is fun, but that only happens in VO games :(.
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

make sure you tell panda to get twiggys new dragon map. thats a pretty rockin map for both VO and Normal. pretty with good FPS!
Morning*Star

Post by Morning*Star »

optimized is worth playing simply for the goal event :D
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

I mentioned prankstor in an earlier post. No disrespect intended. The boy is just dam good. A team without a good goalie and a defender on his butt and it's far to easy for him and many others.

The goalie on prankstor's team gets the ball - passes to prankstor- prankstor redirects it - goal. It's a cake walk for him and many others.

I don't know how all this is done. Noobs don't know how to do this. Look at it from a newbie's point of view. losing is one thing. Getting your butt handed to you and not understanding how it was done is frustrating and not fun.
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

theberkin8or, I agree newbies would last longer if they started out playing regular. It is a shame that these opportunities are so few. Also good documentation to help newplayer out is not available yet. I did see someone working on a guide. I hope part 2 and 3 will help explain the VO game better for new players.
Bodom

Post by Bodom »

Why'd you put right click in if you don't want people to use it?

Just take out left click too so we can have a game of football.
Catalyst88

Post by Catalyst88 »

Why are you all under this preconception that euros never use right-click? :)