I don't want to play soccer...

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

BlackFlame wrote: All i see in this thread is 6 of one half a dozen of another. No matter what TV do to DeathBall, people are gonna like it and others are gonna hate it. And im pretty sure DavidM listens to the commmunity and not just 1 thread.

The president is gonna change the way he runs the country because of 1 letter from a civilian is he?

I wouldn't be disappointed in the new version of DB if it had kept 2.0 gameplay minus the Bounce radius being to large. and adding in new skins and jerseys.

I concidered 2.0 to be by far one of the best versions of by i had played. anywhoo. whatever, can't say anything more i havnt said before in this thread.
Maelstrom
Banned

Post by Maelstrom »

BlackFlame wrote: All i see in this thread is 6 of one half a dozen of another. No matter what TV do to DeathBall, people are gonna like it and others are gonna hate it. And im pretty sure DavidM listens to the commmunity and not just 1 thread.

The president is gonna change the way he runs the country because of 1 letter from a civilian is he?

Did you even READ the entire thread? There is more than one person supporting me... most of them don't come here, though.

And also... like I told Phoenix, they way I start a thread and the reason I do it is up to ME. If you're not happy with that you have the right to shut up and mind your own buisness.

I think the ones that defend the new ''slow self volley'' changes can only come up with poor arguments that can be easily defeated. See Twig's posts.
Scotteh

Post by Scotteh »

i should prolly dl 2.1 to see what all the moaning is about :(
priior

Post by priior »

mael: do you admit ur a ball hog? :)
Esorcismo
Banned

Post by Esorcismo »

See the "2.1" thread for more information, mael you know what I'm talkin about

And just close this one out since this thread and the "2.1" thread discuss practically the exact same thing...
Last edited by Esorcismo on 26-08-2004 17:31, edited 1 time in total.
Maelstrom
Banned

Post by Maelstrom »

priior wrote: mael: do you admit ur a ball hog? :)

No.
{UFO}Viper

Post by {UFO}Viper »

OK I didn't read this entire thread because I am damn lazy and it is way too long.

Replying to the initial topic at hand, I view this issue as the same as when people figured out about the strafe jumping in Quake 3. A lot of people thought it was ghey and a lot of people really liked it and started to explore it's possibilities. Well ID removed it in a patch later and much whining and bitching ensued.

Even though ID didn't plan on strafe jumping in their game they stuck it back in because that is what the people wanted.

Now I'm not saying everyone here is wanting the volley speed back up, but it's quite clear that quite a few are, mainly the ones that play public servers. I really don't see what the problem is with just sticking an option the servers can select, maybe tying it to the VO option that just leaves the volley speed at what it used to be.
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

priior wrote: what if those players in question are also the same as those who are complaining in this thread? :)

Person A: the world is round. Here is the proof ......

Person B: that's your opinion.

You've sunk to the low of person B with your latest comments. Your in total defence mode. Further attempts to help you understand are pointless at this time.

We'll have to hope that in the days and weeks to come, you'll pay attention to all the undesirable play involving powered and and pass shots.
priior

Post by priior »

lol twig. you kick ass!

really.
The_One

Post by The_One »

Starting detection process...
...Sarcasm detected...
...Ending detection process
Esorcismo
Banned

Post by Esorcismo »

Twig! Save it! lol... I gave Imaginos the files so just bug him to add them to your server as well... getting through to priior is like Al Bundy wrestling his wife...

"I end up on top of her or she ends up on top of me, either way I lose"
f1end

Post by f1end »

From another thread pre-2.1 release ;)
Esorcismo wrote: Golden goal spoken in any game involving a set scoring limit whether it's a golden goal or not (i.e. spoken after 10th goal when final score is 10-7)... other than that, no comment...
Esorcismo
Banned

Post by Esorcismo »

Esorcismo wrote: See the "2.1" thread for more information, mael you know what I'm talkin about

And just close this one out since this thread and the "2.1" thread discuss practically the exact same thing...
^
Jas<ASH>Ace

Post by Jas<ASH>Ace »

Scotteh wrote: i should prolly dl 2.1 to see what all the moaning is about :(

NO Scotteh I wouldnt waste the time.... let me know if your still playing on a 2.0 server...hook me up with the IP \o/
PHiLø

Post by PHiLø »

omg that silly american used the S word!!

I don't want to play fucking SOCCER