2.4 plan

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

DavidM

Post by DavidM »

:-)-dude, it wasn't worth registering for you tbh. -_-
[1234]Jr

Post by [1234]Jr »

Have to keep changing the game "forever" = bad?

...Dear god... why do games have to get better? :|
fb.shev
Banned

Post by fb.shev »

DavidM wrote: Only way I see to make people shoot is to make the powerup taking half as long with the same power. But that's just us playing the game at the top limit. No matter what you change, people will reach the next limit, and you'll have to keep on changing stuff forever.

The powerup time change thing would unbalance all btw, so forget that.

There is still a lot of work to do for keepers, their main work consists of being part of the def anyway, marking players AND keeping an eye on the goal, kicking an enemy attacker in position, predicting passes to enemy attackers and prevent them before they arrive etc. There is just not much to save, because us hardcore player know how to shoot to beat the keeper. And as I said, an allmighty keeper that could in theory have a fair chance on all balls would be awful. Defense has to do their work there...

thats not very helpful when u add to a pickup and sinas defending and cant time for poo and ms, gaz, and quant who cant boost back... pff noobs (i.e.)

fulll charged power shots, top corner/ish or bottom low corner = sometime unkeepable, you only hope that this shot is far away for you to react quicker. But if we dodge premeturely and we do actually get something to the ball may it be short/med distance away from us, its still a goal, and ive tried it ^^

if you agree to have a bigger keeper radius, plz say
Morning*Star

Post by Morning*Star »

fb.shev wrote: fulll charged power shots, top corner/ish or bottom low corner = sometime unkeepable, you only hope that this shot is far away for you to react quicker. But if we dodge premeturely and we do actually get something to the ball may it be short/med distance away from us, its still a goal, and ive tried it ^^

Whats the point in having defence if the keeper can theoretically save everything?
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

did you guys even listen to me?
i'm outta this conversation now
fb.shev
Banned

Post by fb.shev »

Morning*Star wrote: Whats the point in having defence if the keeper can theoretically save everything?

called timing and getting the correct way, but whats the point having a keeper when we save it in our screen but it still goes in?

of course a keeper can save everything, it doesnt just burn a hole through them... just needsa a skilled keeper, most of the shots keeps here dont reach, but IF we do, whats the point?
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

you sound like a bloody noob :|
did you ever complain about a rocket in UT going through you? heard about ping? please be quiet x_X
fb.shev
Banned

Post by fb.shev »

jesus davidm, my ping is never under 40-50 and its NOT the ping, i have around 100fps so it aint that..

i cant see how sounding like a bloody noob because i know im right, what is the point? which i explained in my post.. :\
Sixty

Post by Sixty »

well both of you aren't going to give in anyway, so this has no point.

ps: HI!
:-)

Post by :-) »

Seriously davey, ever since you "fixed" magnetism keeping has been pointless. If the keep gets the ball, it should be a save. It shouldn't be the cannot volley sound or go through the keep, it's a save. Make the goals bigger if you think scoring is too hard, but don't steal hard earned saves.
nameless

Post by nameless »

There is just not much to save, because us hardcore player know how to shoot to beat the keeper.
That s wrong! There are not more than 10 players who know how to shoot descently, the attackers are just up for volley spamming. It s easy to do, def can t cover you in midair and thx to the volley radius u can score with closed eyes, since the keeper is chanceless.

I play offense for 2 minutes in about every 10th game, so i m far away from being trained in volleying. I m just trying to volley the ball away from the goal, there s nothing bout aiming, i even might be the worst volley player in DB. But I still scored some goals without aiming. Just look at the goal, listen to the chargeup and press lmb at the right moment. skilled?
fro

Post by fro »

nameless wrote: That s wrong! There are not more than 10 players who know how to shoot descently, the attackers are just up for volley spamming. It s easy to do, def can t cover you in midair and thx to the volley radius u can score with closed eyes, since the keeper is chanceless.

too fucken right, id wager that about 70% of the goals scored are by volley these days, with the remaining 20% on pass-shots and the final 10% on decent, well placed, well powered shots
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

in what i said: shoot = shot + volley + any other way to score
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

the problem is exacerbated by the VO servers.

Many new players aren't even bothering to learn to shoot properly because they rarely use it, save for passing.
fb.shev
Banned

Post by fb.shev »

DavidM wrote: in what i said: shoot = shot + volley + any other way to score

try saying that to people who just spam the keepers to death.
Make the goals bigger if you think scoring is too hard, but don't steal hard earned saves.
unrealistic, but makes alot of sense... infact this is much better solution
Last edited by fb.shev on 15-12-2004 19:56, edited 1 time in total.