1.7 beta

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

DavidM

Post by DavidM »

it was totally no indicator on how well you do!
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

anyone ever float up into the stands in spectator mode, those seats really suck, you can hardly see the field from most seats. i'm telling you, this is why deathball is losing out! all the fans are getting shafted when it comes to seating. not to mention there is a big ass fence ALSO abstructing they're vision. you'd think with all these crazy effects they'd make some kind of energy field then use some old school fence to block the ball from hurting the poor fans..

look for yourself! its just not right....
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

they can watch the match on the screen, can't they?
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

thats like going to a stadium to watch tv ;P - oh well, i just can't beleive how many stupid fans buy those corner seats where all you see is a support beam.. and they CHEER AT IT! the insanity over there in the UK.
[3dg|rr]NiARb

Post by [3dg|rr]NiARb »

We run our Server on 1.7 Beta now. Cube v3 olny atm.

62.4.81.243:7777 3DG|RR_Olympiastadion ** DB1.7 Beta Cube only **
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

you dont even know where it is \o/
NaB

Post by NaB »

just been bouncing the ball against the wall repeatedly and the 2nd catch sound is sometimes missing. maybe 1 in 10 or 20 times.

also the 2nd catch sound is too low imo. its drowned out too easily by jumping, shield gun and even the crowd noise on cube (which is too bloody loud anyway so I wish you’d make it lower or even better allow me to turn it off)
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

use the doom 1 shotgun reload noise ;)

throw some oldschool in!
Onge

Post by Onge »

Just had a few games and laughed as DavidM kept leaving as it crashed with him, and him only!

Anyways for once I've nothing to complain about. Iron out the bugs, stop Chick-kun from dribbling with pass and unleash the best version of DB into the world. Sorted.
SupaHonn

Post by SupaHonn »

Hi
Yeah the screen really roxx :)
But one thing... when sb in defence gets the ball I hear this must release ball from def sound and countdown.... That confuses... And one Texture (u surely realized) is a bit too deep.

Great Work... And whats btw with this nvidia epic mod contest.. I think u'll really have great chances...

Oh and I joined a server with costum maps once and there was a football map where the goals were like endzones and u can'T shoot in them, just walk... that really rocked. maybe u could make this official...
Last edited by SupaHonn on 19-06-2003 16:42, edited 1 time in total.
Chick-kun

Post by Chick-kun »

btw....

http://www.dodgeball-mod.com/downloads/deathball16.zip (downgrade from 1.7 beta)
http://www.dodgeball-mod.com/downloads/deathball17.zip (1.7 beta with directory structure)

here ya go

btw, with the new decreased power in pass, i can dribble again. cheers DavidM =)

btw, the message needs to be changed. when the keeper has the ball it says you must release from defence. when defence has it, it says keeper must release :/ it might just be me, gonna try it out
NaB

Post by NaB »

no, i think its increase the power. u can dribble now cos untargeted passes are weaker. (probably)
Chick-kun

Post by Chick-kun »

thats what i meant
Scotteh

Post by Scotteh »

Oh and I joined a server with costum maps once and there was a football map where the goals were like endzones and u can'T shoot in them, just walk... that really rocked. maybe u could make this official...

Harvy created that map, and it was a big hit here in NA for a while but once the volley only trend came, no one played it anymore :(
GhosT_Face_KiLLa
Banned

Post by GhosT_Face_KiLLa »

its mainly all good from what i have played but just gonna take some getting usd to espeacilly the new volley radius.