1.9b

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

beefsack

Post by beefsack »

im proud that i can say aluminium correctly, and i dont think that the regen idea is a bad one. what if there is some type of ratio where the regen all depends on how long you have been in your half compared to how long you have been in the opposition half, maybe taken over the last 30 seconds or something. maybe even if the ratio is so heavily towards attack that its obvious that they are just sitting up near the goal, they start losing health. just an idea.
Messy

Post by Messy »

Naww too complex.

And yeh, I hate people who spell or say aluminum /o\
beefsack

Post by beefsack »

i just spelled it then do you hate me? :offtopic: :ban: :spammer:
-plær-

Post by -plær- »

RaGe|DB wrote: Couldn't u make it possible that the attackers health only increases (like normal) when he is on own half, this should encourage attackers more to get back.
(maybe only when other team has ball)
This is a great idea. I was in a pickup last night with RaGe, and the boosting back by the attackers was appalling. There was no desire to get back and defend at all. Even the best sweeper in the game cannot defend against 3 attackers.

This must only apply when the other team has the ball though, otherwise a team won't be able to keep health, and thus possesion to sustain a long attack.
RaGe|DB

Post by RaGe|DB »

-plær- wrote: This is a great idea. I was in a pickup last night with RaGe, and the boosting back by the attackers was appalling. There was no desire to get back and defend at all. Even the best sweeper in the game cannot defend against 3 attackers.

This must only apply when the other team has the ball though, otherwise a team won't be able to keep health, and thus possesion to sustain a long attack.

RaGe|DB wrote: Couldn't u make it possible that the attackers health only increases (like normal) when he is on own half, this should encourage attackers more to get back.
(maybe only when other team has ball)

edit:
fro and i talked and i figured it would be better if:

(say you're red)
If red has the ball ur health just increases like normal, there is no need to come back. Yet when blue has the ball, your health only increases in own half, this encourages attackers to atleast come back to own half, or they can just wait in other half but get killed easily.

(sorry for edit, that idea came like 8:44 am and i wasnt feeling very "clear" :lol: )

yea, i edited my idea last night :)
this is the better version i guessor
EraZeR

Post by EraZeR »

Well... at least 1 attacker can hang? It catches sweepers off big time...

Sweepers will have it easy if this stand the way it is...

Sometimes giving the sweeper a bit of agro can take his concentration away....

Especially if your close to their goal... one swift boost to the side and a long pass... Owned!

EDIT: I'm tired, can you tell?

What i mean is, Sometimes there is 2 hangers, thats too much, i agree, but 1 isnt alot? is it?

Why not let the hang0r regen health if he is the only one on his team in the oppositions half?

Otherwise alot of spamage double boosting could accur

Or am i talking complete bollocks again? :D

^^ CurvE
Last edited by EraZeR on 26-02-2004 11:12, edited 1 time in total.
Messy

Post by Messy »

Ok, so if the enemies have possession, one guy can hang, but only if all the others are in their own half?

That sounds good :)
Chick-kun

Post by Chick-kun »

bug: offline play with bots, passlock doesnt work (only tried for blueteam, dunno about readteam), instead of a lock it replays the "passlock" sound repeatedly
edit: by the way 1 on 1 with a keeper still works, despite the problems mentioned before
ill try to test it some more and give a thorough report =S
Last edited by Chick-kun on 27-02-2004 16:58, edited 1 time in total.
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

I like that idea about having to boost back to regain health. so atleast if your gonna hang you'll hang at the halfmark ;P which is sorta like offsides
Xelent

Post by Xelent »

Idea works for public games, where you have cherry pickers. In actual games, against certain teams it helps to have someone deep. No regen just encourages teams to boost back and sit in the pbox and camp until they get the ball and health.
Morning*Star

Post by Morning*Star »

Xelent wrote: Idea works for public games, where you have cherry pickers. In actual games, against certain teams it helps to have someone deep. No regen just encourages teams to boost back and sit in the pbox and camp until they get the ball and health.

^
<_Kapi_>

Post by <_Kapi_> »

I hate when Messy KICKS me in the chiN!
METAFrank

Post by METAFrank »

the new hud (YES, i read it is not finished yet) gives you the feeling of playing one of these mech-warrior games.
not sure if i like it yet, but i guess i do^^
RaGe|DB

Post by RaGe|DB »

wtf Meta :lol:
i said the same on a pickup :D
Makes me feel like im behind the windscreen of some huge robot yea...
Last edited by RaGe|DB on 06-03-2004 23:26, edited 1 time in total.
RaGe|DB

Post by RaGe|DB »

Hi there. The new point system of 1.9b (def system) is nice yet some mistakes
I have the feeling that the sweepers are turning into point whores... If you kill an enemy attacker in pbox u get 3 points. I for one enjoy the killing but know when to stop normally (if we attack), but now i seem to keep killing. Make it only when they have the ball we get 3 points